Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train from st Vincent's hospital to blanchardstown??

Options
  • 04-10-2016 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Is there a train that goes from around st Vincent's hospital to blanchardstown shopping centre? Or what would be the easiest way to get there? I think bus takes around an hour so that wouldn't really be an option. Is there another way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Is there a train that goes from around st Vincent's hospital to blanchardstown shopping centre? Or what would be the easiest way to get there? I think bus takes around an hour so that wouldn't really be an option. Is there another way?

For St Vincent's the Dart station is Sydney Parade get a train from Coolnmne and change at Connolly for the Dart to Sydney Parade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

An hour is on the optimistic side .

Bus is probably quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is a walk (not huge but not a short stroll either) at both ends. Both options will be longer than an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

beauf wrote: »
    An hour is on the optimistic side .

Bus is probably quicker.

Its not, especially at peak time. A 39A from Blanch Centre to outside RTE would be the guts of 1hr 15mins in the AM. But it is more direct and the walk from the Stillorgan Dualer to Vincents is quicker than from Sydney Parade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I dunno if you mean an hour is optimistic or the bus isn't quicker.

Going D.15 to D.4 I've always found the rail and the bus times quite similar, door to door. If I was doing it again, I'd give serious consideration to a brompton folding bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

knock yourself out www.a-b.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Its not, especially at peak time. A 39A from Blanch Centre to outside RTE would be the guts of 1hr 15mins in the AM. But it is more direct and the walk from the Stillorgan Dualer to Vincents is quicker than from Sydney Parade
    That is not correct. The distance from a bus stop on the Stillorgan rd to the front door of Vincents is twice the distance from Sydney Parade.

Advertisement