Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on mailing list

Options
  • 04-10-2016 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

What are your thoughts on building up a mail list for digital marketing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

happycoach wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on building up a mail list for digital marketing?

Your question is very vague.

Mailing list for who?

What purpose does the list serve?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭happycoach

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. Sorry I should have put more info in here.
    I'm looking to build an email list of prospect clients for a website launch?
    Do you think this is a good approach, have you any other suggestion on how to drive traffic to a new website.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

happycoach wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. Sorry I should have put more info in here.
    I'm looking to build an email list of prospect clients for a website launch?
    Do you think this is a good approach, have you any other suggestion on how to drive traffic to a new website.
    Thanks

Ah ok - context does help :)

Collecting leads on a form on a "coming soon" lander can work.

But unless you're somehow getting traffic to that lander you won't have any leads to capture.

And simply adding people to a mailing list without their permission is a really awful idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sheila76

Set up a competition is always a good idea to drive traffic and collect database. The customer always wants to get value

Advertisement