Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reconditioned Canon EOS 6D

• 04-10-2016 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi

I have a Canon EOS 1000D at the minute, bought secondhand from Conns and has served me well, but I've always dreamed of going full frame. Might have a few quid coming to me so I was looking to upgrade to a 6D but will have to go used/reconditioned bracket as new ones are out of my budget. I have two lenses with my current camera, forgive numpty question but will these still work with the full frame camera or will I have to budget for new lense(s) as well? Am I better off buying online or sticking with reputable real world store? Anyone have good websites to look at, ebay have them but import duty etc makes it no cheaper than walking into Canon reseller...

Thanks

Dara

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

What lenses do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

dazriel wrote: »
    Hi

I have a Canon EOS 1000D at the minute, bought secondhand from Conns and has served me well, but I've always dreamed of going full frame. Might have a few quid coming to me so I was looking to upgrade to a 6D but will have to go used/reconditioned bracket as new ones are out of my budget. I have two lenses with my current camera, forgive numpty question but will these still work with the full frame camera or will I have to budget for new lense(s) as well? Am I better off buying online or sticking with reputable real world store? Anyone have good websites to look at, ebay have them but import duty etc makes it no cheaper than walking into Canon reseller...

Thanks

Dara
    If you have the standard EF-S 18-55mm lens you will need to budget for a full frame equivalent, as this or any other EF-S lens will not fit a 6D or any other Canon DLSR Full Frame camera.

Based on the questions you have asked here I would strongly advise you to do a lot more research as to why you want a FF camera and to draw up a budget sheet on the costs involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dazriel

Thanks for your replies

I have aSigma 30mm 1.4 prime lens and a Tokina ultrawide 2.8 10-20mm, my old Canon kit lens was bought in 2004 for my Canon film SLR and it died a sad death a few years ago. I was banking on buying a decent kit lens anyway if I go with the 6D plus I plan to give my brother my 1000d and would have needed to get a kit lens for him if I was keeping my own. So assuming that I need to factor in a lens - or two - wheres the best place/site to look for a reconditioned 6D?

Thanks

Dara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Is the 30mm the EX DC, if it is I don't think it will work on a full frame body, neither will the 10-20mm.

In Dublin you have Conns and Berminghams, in Limerick Whelans and in Cork Barker. (there may be others those are just the ones I know)
    You will need to visit them in person because the provide little to no information about the condition of the item on their website.

I have used wex photographic in the UK a number of times for second hand gear (you need parcel motel or similar for delivery)
    I have also heard mpb in the Uk recommended by I have never used them personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

There are several 6D's for sale on Adverts at the moment. Might be an option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 dazriel

Thanks for all the info. Am reconsidering as I now have to factor in buying at least 2 lenses as well (kit lens for the retiring 1000d as well as the 6D) if I go that way. Found a couple of reconditioned 6Ds online at around the 1100 euro mark but think I would be happier walking into Conns or somewhere and getting all the info plus seeing the camera before I part with any hard earned cash.

Advertisement