Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite place in the UK?

Options
  • 04-10-2016 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭

Good evening all,

I was just wondering what people would say.

I've been to lots of nice places here including the usual places like Bath, Devon, Canterbury, Oxford, Cambridge, Durham, North and South Wales, Edinburgh etc.

However I was up north with a friend of mine at the weekend and we went for a drive through the moors between Manchester and Leeds and it was just breathtaking.

There was one little village Haworth which was just stunning. It's just over the border into Yorkshire from Lancashire and is famous for the Bronte family. There's a museum in the town.

I guess the best way I'd describe it is something like the ruggedness and marshy landscape of Connemara without the sea and with stone cottages dating from the Industrial Revolution.

Interested to hear your thoughts!

I attached a photo of the landscape so you can see what I mean. It's probably the first time I've seriously questioned living in the South East.

With thanks,
    solodeogloria

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

When my husband and I were married, we were staying in a short-term apartment in a decent area of Aberdeen. We used to love a certain walk down by the Dee. Then later we found a beautiful pocket garden a short walk away and laughed because it was named the same name as my husband, so we thought of it as "our" place.

Advertisement