Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 NFL Week 5 Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Disappointing loss too many penalties and a bad fumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

We have zero talent at WR. Well Matthews is a decent slot option but Agholor is so bad. thats a ball you should at least fight for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Flacco to Perriman deep for what would have been the game winning TD, but it gets reversed. :(

It would have been nice for Perriman to get that after enduring such a tough start to his NFL career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

First time I have seen Wentz make a bad call. Don't know who was behind Agholor but he was in a way better position for a pass. Would have got us to around the 50 yard line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    First time I have seen Wentz make a bad call. Don't know who was behind Agholor but he was in a way better position for a pass. Would have got us to around the 50 yard line.

Looks that way when the ball is in the air but the def has stopped playing him. It was a good throw. Agholor just sucks. At worst you fight for it and make it an incompletion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

AFC South tied up at 2-3 with the Jags on their bye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Falcons/Broncos looks like it's going to be fun! Opening drive TD for the Falcons, but don't forget they've the worst or 2nd worst pass defense in the league in terms of yards. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Come on bears

Hoping for the bears to help you, last refuge of the damned.

JEFFERY WAS WIDE ****ING OPEN!!! God Christ I wish my gf had been from Boston.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Have to say that Iv been very impressed with dak Prescott so far for Dallas. Had been very composed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

Joey Bosa in for the Chargers (finally) and hurrying Derek Carr on a nearly every play

Have to say that Iv been very impressed with dak Prescott so far for Dallas. Had been very composed.

I'm guessing Romo is done there. They might bring him back to finish the season, but it'll be his last in Dallas.

Any QB needy teams that could make a big push? My brain is a bit melted right now, struggling to think of any. Siemian has looked alright and Denver will want to build on Lynch, so wouldn't be counting them as one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Billy86 wrote: »
    Not really the classiest thing when you're up by 23 points against a typically terrible team who (as best I know) don't have much of any bad blood towards you, to be honest.
    TBF Brady was sack in a previous play and the Browns D had an over the top celebration.
    Anyway, i think it was more Brady celebrating a great rushing and being happy to be back than taunting the Browns, hell he didn't even get a flag for taunting which is near impossible in the NFL if its anything remotely like taunting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Romo is done there. They might bring him back to finish the season, but it'll be his last in Dallas.

Any QB needy teams that could make a big push? My brain is a bit melted right now, struggling to think of any. Siemian has looked alright and Denver will want to build on Lynch, so wouldn't be counting them as one.

Is there any trade value in Romo? Would the Cowboys be penalised on future cap space if they traded him?

Hazys wrote: »
    TBF Brady was sack in a previous play and the Browns D had an over the top celebration.
    Anyway, i think it was more Brady celebrating a great rushing and being happy to be back than taunting the Browns, hell he didn't even get a flag for taunting which is near impossible in the NFL if its anything remotely like taunting

Ah ok, makes sense on the sack. And yeah, he's gotta be enjoying himself just being back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Was that a bit douchey by Rivers? Looked to me like 4 defensive players lining up to crush the receiver, and he reacts as if it was an easy first down pickup.

Wasn't going to be easy but did think the receiver should have went more vertically than laterally running.

Shocker of a int by rivers then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Broncos in a deep hole now. Lynch is poor and will turn the ball over a lot based on what I've seen so far.

Dallas giving bengals a bit of a hammering so far. Very impressive performance by Dallas

Romo may have to get used to the sideline.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Broncos in a deep hole now. Lynch is poor and will turn the ball over a lot based on what I've seen so far.
    That game has really zipped along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Romo may have to get used to the sideline.

If the guy had any cop on and with the amount of punishment he has taken in his career, he'd be wise to head towards the retirement home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the rocks on Del Rio with that play call my God!

If the guy had any cop on and with the amount of punishment he has taken in his career, he'd be wise to head towards the retirement home.
    Yeah. Big call for any team to trade for him either. That last back injury looked really bad.

That last back injury looked really bad.

Ya his back must be destroyed at this stage. He'll be an oul man before his time.

And the Chargers find another way to mess up a game with a botched FG attempt to tie game with 2 mins left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

SAN DIEGO

Is there a curse on them during 4th quarters or what!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Man, who'd be a Chargers fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Staying up to watch the Giants.. Hoping for a better performance and feck it, I want a win..

Looks like we are in for another masterclass from Aaron Rodgers tonight.

7-0 Packers after a wonderful drive which was all about Rodgers.

Jordy has returned!

stretch90s.jpg

Looks like I should of went to bed

Edit: jaysus I hate these silly penalties

Edit 2: Eli has been crap in the 1st half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Packers are making very hard work of this

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It's such a poor game

Packers get the win but they didn't look great after a really good start. Giants D does look goo though, pity about their offense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Pack line is good but the Giants pass rush was non existent. Rodgers averaged 3.3 seconds per throw. The run D was good though, I think both teams have plenty of room to improve over the season

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Looks like we are in for another masterclass from Aaron Rodgers tonight.

7-0 Packers after a wonderful drive which was all about Rodgers.

Maybe it's just me, but it's been quiet awhile since I've seen a masterclass from Rodgers. Can't put my finger on it, but he hasn't seemed himself and that's going back to last season.

He was at his best against Detroit a couple of weeks ago. Last night he started out like he was going to do that same again but it didn't continue. I don't think it was so much his fault though as it was the Giants D doing a great job in coverage.

There were a couple of occasions where he was putting the ball where only the receiver could get it but they were so tightly marked they were diving for the ball rather than running to it.

I just have this feeling we are gonna see a big performance from the Panthers in a high scoring game tonight. I know it's Derek Anderson under centre for Carolina but I just can't shake the feeling that they are going to have a big night.

Bucs had an impressive drive going but got stopped around the 20 and had to settle for the field goal.

So I might have been way wrong on this one. First quarter over and it's 3-0 Bucs.
    Carolina only had the ball once for a quick three and out.

Only player on offense showing anything is Jacquiz Rogers.

Aguayo misses from 33 yards, insane 2nd round pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Aguayo misses from 33 yards, insane 2nd round pick.

Jesus, a kicker in the second round better be absolutely unbelievable to be considered anything but a bust (you always suspect you could have gotten him a few rounds later or that of you missed him some other guy wouldn't be much worse anyway), but if this guy hadn't been drafted high he'd have been cut ages ago. I can see why you'd take him with a fourth, going on his record, but it was a crazy call even before he started ****ting the bed.

6-0 at halftime, I'm not waiting up for the second half after that. Bucs should be up by a lot more that that and Gano missed s 40 yarder just before the half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

eagle eye wrote:
    6-0 at halftime, I'm not waiting up for the second half after that. Bucs should be up by a lot more that that and Gano missed s 40 yarder just before the half.

Didn't stay up but watched the highlights this morning.

Bucs win 17-14. Looked like a terrible game from the highlights.

Aguayo missed 2 FG's,Gano missed one. Anderson threw a 4th Q INT inside the redzone. Bucs drove the field missed the FG, Panthers got nowhere and the Bucs got the ball back. Drove the field, Panthers gave away 15 yards on a facemask and Aguayo nailed the FG for the win with time expiring.

All the Bucs swarmed to Aguayo in the middle of the field to celebrate.

Delighted for him. He's had a nightmare start and if he wasn't a 2nd rounder he wouldn't have all this pressure. However if he wasn't a 2nd rounder he'd have been cut in preseason.

Hope this is a turning point in his career.

Great to win ugly anyway. Bucs have lost far too many games like this over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Didn't stay up but watched the highlights this morning.

Bucs win 17-14. Looked like a terrible game from the highlights.

Aguayo missed 2 FG's,Gano missed one. Anderson threw a 4th Q INT inside the redzone. Bucs drove the field missed the FG, Panthers got nowhere and the Bucs got the ball back. Drove the field, Panthers gave away 15 yards on a facemask and Aguayo nailed the FG for the win with time expiring.

All the Bucs swarmed to Aguayo in the middle of the field to celebrate.

Delighted for him. He's had a nightmare start and if he wasn't a 2nd rounder he wouldn't have all this pressure. However if he wasn't a 2nd rounder he'd have been cut in preseason.

Hope this is a turning point in his career.

Great to win ugly anyway. Bucs have lost far too many games like this over the years.

The quality wasn't there but I found it a very entertaining game funnily enough. Delighted for the kicker it was painful to watch the previous miss.