Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASTI OctNov Action *Post 1 for usual plea for restraint Especially New Posters *

Options
1414243444547»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Eintrachtrob

I agree that the Asti are completely out of touch with reality and in my opinion they have zero credibility in regards to progressing education standards. I have seen them defend the most indefensible situations in schools regarding teacher underperformance.
    Take for example that only recently have posts been allocated on merit rather than based on seniority.
    They are currently blocking the new junior cycle.
    They resist proper school inspection, and collaborative teaching.
    Their main objective seems to be to prevent exposure of or addressing poor teaching practices.

In the recent OECD PISA results (Dec 2013), Ireland finished first in the EU in Reading, 7th in the EU in Mathematics & 5th in the EU in Science. Not bad after 5 years of cuts and pay cuts.

"I have seen them". . . Sure you have.

Only recently posts allocated on merit? - Is 2008 recent?
    Sure who cares?
    Promotion cannot occur as posts of responsibilities are no longer replaced.

Regarding poor teacher practices - See the first paragraph and weep.

Resist school inspection?
    Ireland has one of the most comprehensive school inspection systems in the world. Finland, routinely held in high esteem internationally, has no inspection system.

Bye.

YOU WILL DO NOTHING OF THE SORT; PUBLISHING IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IS AGAINST THE CHARTER AND ALSO AGAINST COMMON SENSE ON THE INTERNET FORUMS. Calm down please, we're not interested in a "behind the sheds at break fight". Any more of this and I'm closing the padlock
    Mod

Producing a TC number, school, whatever . . doesn't prove anything.

All it proves is that he has access to a teachers records. It doesn't prove he/she is a teacher, like Stanley is claiming.

Apologies for the request as I felt it is ok for one could give one's own anonymity

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

No - publish your information on here. Go on, I dare you.

This is where you're making your posts.

You want me to protect your anonymity as you slag off your colleagues - like a coward.

Go & take a run & jump. . .

YOU WILL DO NOTHING OF THE SORT; PUBLISHING IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IS AGAINST THE CHARTER AND ALSO AGAINST COMMON SENSE ON THE INTERNET FORUMS. Calm down please, we're not interested in a "behind the sheds at break fight". Any more of this and I'm closing the padlock
    Mod

Yep- that's what I thought.....

PM me your details. Off you go then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭amacca

what ...that you offered to do something that wouldn't prove what you said

and that you knew you'd never be called on it anyway

Thats what I thought....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

Have been reading a lot but not commenting but this post got my hackles up! The obesity year diploma is now a 2 year masters for starters. As a concurrent qualified teacher I object to disparaging remarks that suggest all teacher training is substandard.
    I told know of very few teachers who give grinds- those that do fall into one of two categories in my experience- either they're young and supplementing their low wage with grinds or they're older and have done grinds so have resources down to a T and their input is minimal atcthe stage. And to pick up on your tax free comment- that really makes me query your legitimacy as a teacher. Extra tuition is certainty not tax free and the dog on the street knows revenue came down hard and heavy on the grinds business a number of years ago. Your posts appear ill informed and inflammatory to say the least

Ill-informed? You must be very naive. You think many teachers are declaring the money they make through grinds? You're joking right? You may object to my comments that teacher-training in Ireland is substandard however that doesn't mean it isn't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go to bed.
    All of you.

Locked for review.

Review complete.
    Thread has gotten unwieldy.
    See new thread plus usual calls for sensible posting and sticking to the topic.
    Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement