Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking fine at school

• 04-10-2016 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

I parked at my daughters junior school this morning and when I returned there was a yellow ticket issued by 'Gardai' on windscreen. the guys that patrol the area outside are two elderly gents in hi viz jackets, the ticket looks bit mickey mouse and im wondering if its legit? they are only there in the mornings and in the afternoons anyone can park where they like

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Go down to the Garda and enquire as to the ligitness of the ticket maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As said, check with local Gardai station about its legitimacy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Leilak wrote: »
    I parked at my daughters junior school this morning......

Were you parked legally, according to the letter of the law ?

One of my sisters is a lollipop lady and has had a lot of trouble and even aggression from lazy mothers who think they are entitled to park anywhere.
    Even parking beside a pedestrian crossing, blocking the visibility of kids crossing.

So a lot of lollipop ladies / school staff are calling on the guards at the start of the school year to clamp down on the "I can stop and drop my kids off anywhere culture".

It could very well be legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

The gardai regularly patrol my sons school purely for this reason at pickup and dropoff times. Parking is manic and they constantly get people who park on the yellow markings either side of the entrance.

I'd say its legit unfortunately if you were somewhere you shouldn't have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

There was a piece on this topic today on morning Ireland. They interviewed some school traffic wardens who had some horrendous stories about the behaviour of some pr1cks.
    Anyway it appears that CCTV cameras will become more common to try and deal with the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

There are several roads in Cork which are impassable in the morning as parents feel entitled to park anywhere they choose - in front of driveways etc.

Let's keep it on the topic of the legitimacy of the ticket and leave the "people park as they fecking please" for another thread.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Leilak wrote: »
    I parked at my daughters junior school this morning and when I returned there was a yellow ticket issued by 'Gardai' on windscreen. the guys that patrol the area outside are two elderly gents in hi viz jackets, the ticket looks bit mickey mouse and im wondering if its legit? they are only there in the mornings and in the afternoons anyone can park where they like

Does the ticket say that you've been fined and is there a Garda logo or the name of the local authority on it? How does it says you can pay the fine - Garda station, website......

Seriously, all you tell us is that the ticket looks 'mickey mouse' and you expect us on that basis alone to tell you if it's legit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

biko wrote: »
    Let's keep it on the topic of the legitimacy of the ticket and leave the "people park as they fecking please" for another thread.
    Thanks

Damn, I was half way through building my roadside gallows! But don't get me started on cyclists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Post a pic of the notice you got

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Were you parked illegally OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

OP - on the ticket received there should be details on how to pay the fine. check that out and see if these are valid eg google the address/number/website

On a side note check the next day you are dropping off for yellow lines or signs. Just because everyone parks where they like does not mean they are legally parked.

also ask around the other parents and see if anyone else got one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

I wouldn't pay it OP , until i got a letter of reminder in the post like you do with genuine tickets . ( whos to say the ticket didnt blow off your windscreen :D )

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

On a side note check the next day you are dropping off for yellow lines or signs. Just because everyone parks where they like does not mean they are legally parked.
    It could also have been due to parking parallel to a solid white line, parking at a junction, parking on the footpath and many other occurrences that are common outside a school.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The OP says they were "parked at my daughters junior school"
    I assume therefore it was on school property.
    Otherwise the OP would admit they are negligent and parked illegitimately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

snubbleste wrote: »
    The OP says they were "parked at my daughters junior school"
    I assume therefore it was on school property.
    Otherwise the OP would admit they are negligent and parked illegitimately

I would take "at" to mean outside or inside the school - it's not clear. The OP did also mention two people patrol outside the school so it's unclear exactly where the OP was parked. You can park legitimately outside a school, it all depends on where and how the OP parked and what (if any) signage is provided.

Stop guessing, start asking - and stay on the ticket issue.

Advertisement