Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Healthcare Letterkenny

Options
  • 04-10-2016 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Thinking of applying for the position of medical claims rep for United Healthcare in Letterkenny. Anybody know what they are like to work for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thinking of applying for the position of medical claims rep for United Healthcare in Letterkenny. Anybody know what they are like to work for?
    Very hard to say. I know a few people who work/have worked there with a couple of them loving it and a couple of them hating it. Its really down to the individual in how they adapt to the work and surroundings and prepared to put the effort in. There is a longish probationary period after which you would be assessed and then it could be a case of being turfed out on your ear if your work isn't up to standard. I suppose that applies to most if not all businesses (government/local authority jobs excluded :P)

The one thing I can tell you is that unless you are a "grafter" then you wont be kept there too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I worked there for two and a half years. Have never heard of anyone being let go but there are targets to be met. The place is basically run like a factory and they have adopted similar methodologies to production type environments. Your work is audited by the quality control people and if you have too many errors or are not meeting your targets they will be on your case. A lot of the people I started with are still there. I think it either suits you or it doesn't. After I'd been there a while I decided it just wasn't for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

whats the pay like after probation. Do you progress much above minimum wage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

When I was there there was an annual pay review. Your first increase is the next review after you have been there a full year. I started a few weeks after it so it was nearly two years before my pay was reviewed. The raise was a few Euro a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

When I was there there was an annual pay review. Your first increase is the next review after you have been there a full year. I started a few weeks after it so it was nearly two years before my pay was reviewed. The raise was a few Euro a day.

Thats what they can get away with up here, no real competition for workers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

doc11 wrote: »
    Thats what they can get away with up here, no real competition for workers

That's pretty much the norm in all companies. The lack of alternate opportunities usually only comes if you demand a rise mid-cycle - if you have a counter offer doors suddenly open.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

L1011 wrote: »
    if you have a counter offer doors suddenly open.
    The exit doors probably

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

muffler wrote: »
    The exit doors probably

Rarely. If somewhere wants to keep you they will make efforts if and only if you show you've a counter offer.

If somewhere shows you the door when you get a counter offer, they never gave a ****e anyway.

Advertisement