Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTW Road bike

Options
  • 04-10-2016 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

So I'm going to get myself a road bike as I'm doing 50/60 km cycles now on my hardtail with knobblies. However, my head is fried from the choice out there, budget is 1k. So far the boardman team carbon is my #1 choice but the Halfords team leave a lot to be desired. Other choice are the 2017 Trek 1.2 and synapse sora. What other bikes are out there and what would others recommend. I have never owned a road bike before so I'm lost!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Are work paying cash? or a voucher scheme?
    If it's cash, or directly paying the bike shop, visit to see what you can get for the price. I got my bike for a grand when it has a list price of about 1300. With a voucher there'd be no discount on the list price

Things to trade off are Groupset, carbon ( forks, forks&seatpost, full frame), Wheels

Things you'll need as road bikes are more fragile than mtb's
    tubes, tyre levers and pump, and something to carry them on spins. and a track pump for at home

Advertisement