Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email received today

Options
  • 04-10-2016 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

Hey.

Both myself and my wife have a joint account with BOI.

We both received an email today saying our new account is open.

Was this a genuine error or could it be something more sinister?

We opened the account a few months back and were sent the welcome email then. So it has rang some alarm bells.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Hey.

We opened the account a few months back and were sent the welcome email then. So it has rang some alarm bells.
    Good morning Super-Rush,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Just to confirm, we will never send emails to customers requesting you to provide your personal banking information. If you ever receive emails asking for any of your personal banking details we would ask you to report it immediately.

You can find more about keeping yourself secure online here.

If you or your wife still have the email or receive another one, please forward it to 365security@boi.com for investigation.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Hey.

Good morning Super-Rush,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

Just to confirm, we will never send emails to customers requesting you to provide your personal banking information. If you ever receive emails asking for any of your personal banking details we would ask you to report it immediately.

You can find more about keeping yourself secure online here.

If you or your wife still have the email or receive another one, please forward it to 365security@boi.com for investigation.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Thanks for the reply.

I have forwarded the email to 365 security.

Advertisement