Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Excited for next months lineup.. I believe Fall Guys will be one of the titles which releases on the 4th August and would definitely get a massive player base by going free on Plus..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I just picked up the following games.. The Order 1882, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Hidden Agenda, so expect those to be amongst next months games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've been waiting for The Order to come on Plus for ages!

10 quid physical 2nd hand in GS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

JimBurnley wrote: »

Or wait a week and have it free ;)

• Advertisement

Nope, it's principle at this stage. I nearly pulled the trigger a few times, but I'm gonna hold out. Thought it might have even been on Now by this point...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But you're being selfish. It won't appear in Plus until you buy it. So by you not buying it, you're stopping the rest of us from getting it. :)

Just outta curiosity, I was looking to see how long after the PS4 release we kept getting PS3 games. November 2013 release. Feb 2019 was the last ps3/Vita games. Similar overall for this and next gen?
    How long until the price increase?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But you're being selfish. It won't appear in Plus until you buy it. So by you not buying it, you're stopping the rest of us from getting it. :)

Exactly, I was taking one for the team. Your welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

A few days after release, I rented that game from Xtra Vision (remember that place lads, I got my PS4 gamer bundle on launch day there :P ). I paid €7 for the rental for 3 days, I completed and platinumed it in about 6 hours. I returned it the next day. It is one of the easiest games to platinum on PS4, and it's very short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Excited for next months lineup.. I believe Fall Guys will be one of the titles which releases on the 4th August and would definitely get a massive player base by going free on Plus..
    Watched some streams of it yesterday, looks great fun. I'd say it definitely will be free next month. As you said, it releases the same day the free games do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

It can be got on the CA and US stores for $5 regular enough.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I just picked up the following games.. The Order 1882, Uncharted Lost Legacy and Hidden Agenda, so expect those to be amongst next months games...

Hidden Agenda sounds good and my type of game. Would you recommend it?

Kingp35 wrote: »

I'll let you know once my backlog allows it!

Looking forward to trying it, loved Until Dawn by the same guys

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

bazzz wrote: »
    It's not random, afaik. You should get it if you've been with the service from day one.
    I got mine (€10) yesterday, I posted in the PS4 megathread.

Edit: It actually might be random. This was a UK Playstation Twitter reply to a person asking.

Just an update on this. I haven't been a PLUS subscriber from Day One and I got the free €10 so it seems to be entirely random among all PLUS subscribers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Kingp35 wrote: »

Yeah I would its a bit of craic, however it can end very suddenly if you choose the wrong option.
    Now dont go expecting the best Thriller in the world ever.
    But its fun if you play with people.
    As are all the playlink titles to be fair.

As an aside
    I would also recommend the Order 1886 if its cheap.
    I mean it aint €60 euro game but looks good and the story is fun for 5-6 hours.

Fall Guys and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 remastered campaign are next months games. COD will also be available to download tomorrow

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1287772726250426381?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

I'm not exactly up to speed on fall guys but it looks like Takeshi's castle so will certainly try it.

What's the angle here though? Are there lots of in-app purchases in it or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Brozy wrote: »
    I'm not exactly up to speed on fall guys but it looks like Takeshi's castle so will certainly try it.

What's the angle here though? Are there lots of in-app purchases in it or something?

Seems like Gang Beasts mixed with Takeshi's Castle alright. Looks like a bit of a laugh.

As for the angle, it could be something similar to Rocket League, where it exploded in popularity after being given away on PS+. So even if there aren't microtransactions in it now, there may be in the future, or season passes/battle passes etc.

Penn wrote: »
    Seems like Gang Beasts mixed with Takeshi's Castle alright. Looks like a bit of a laugh.

As for the angle, it could be something similar to Rocket League, where it exploded in popularity after being given away on PS+. So even if there aren't microtransactions in it now, there may be in the future, or season passes/battle passes etc.

It has a battle pass I think

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Didnt we just get a CoD game a month ago or so?

• Advertisement

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Didnt we just get a CoD game a month ago or so?

Yeah, WWII, but this is the campaign only, no MP. Better than last month at least, Fall Guys will be good craic I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Fall Guys and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 remastered campaign are next months games. COD will also be available to download tomorrow

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1287772726250426381?s=19

I've been on the Fall Guys beta playtests, on both PS4 and PC, and it's a great laugh!
    Penn wrote: »

It has a battle pass I think
    There is a 'battle pass' in it, but that's free.
    There will probably be an option to purchase 'Kudos', the in game 'currency', but it only unlocks aesthetic stuff, costumes, colours, patterns etc for your character customization.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Delighted with Fall Guys!

Modern Warfare 2 remastered is available to download now. Its a different version of the game that does not include the Warzone Addons.
    https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP0002-CUSA07904_00-CODMW2RIGC000001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

have to laugh at the people who bought this also bought
    Blops IV €70
    COD IW €90
    Ghost Recon €70
    Battlefield 1 €8

Man those digital prices for old games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Fall Guys looks deadly. Can't wait to give it a bash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Do people remember MW2 campaign for being good? I dont,to me the campaigns peaked with the original MW and world at war. Still dont know why all the campaigns are not all coop like world at war

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

MW2 campaign was good. I actually likes Blops 1 as well. MW3 was a bit iffy and the last one I completed until this year.
    I'll be playing this with tears in my eyes I imagine. Ah the nostalgia

I don't remember MW2 for the campaign, I remember it for the MP.

Happy with Fall Guys though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Their reason for not including MP is ****, they couldn't included it as it'd take players from the other 2 games and warzone.

Advertisement