Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it would certainly take me, only for it got hacked to hell I'd still be playing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Meh,it was the first to have major balance issues to me. Overpowered perks,kill streaks and guns. Took to much away from the gun vs gun gameplay of the previous two.

I had played the previous ones to death but yeah that was the start of the end for me.

it was an insane jump from COD4 and WAW. Harriers, Chopper Gunners and nukes. I embraced the mayhem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Homelander

The campaign in MW2 is completely ludicrous even by game standards, but it's really fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Did they edit or change 'No Russian'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Did they edit or change 'No Russian'?

No change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Is it worth the 50Gb download ?

I didn't put much time into it but I'd fun with MW1 mp in the remaster.

MW2 mp was where I put a lot of time into when that was new.

725404532_HhdVE-L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Are the spec ops missions on that version of MW2?

I got onto MW2 just before they nerfed the akimbo 1887s. I had forgotten about them until Variks' post. I only experienced them in a short window but Christ they were terrifying.

I played a lot of S&D, even solo. My secondary of choice was the akimbo rangers. God I was a horrible human being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

What were the burst pistols? They were also OP akimbo

I camped my ass off in this house below, to get the kills to unlock akimbo for it as by itself it was rather bad.

estate-t.jpg

Used the knives a bit but it was crazy as if you specced right you'd not have fall damage so you'd be able to jump off huge heights.

Also was a big fan of one man army and spamming claymore and underslung grenade launchers.

Didn't use it as they came out quick to say they'd ban people, but when you had the suicide javalin players. They'd hold the fire button and sprint around with the sprint trait and when they died the javelin with auto fire and destroy anyone near.

EoinHef wrote: »
    What were the burst pistols? They were also OP akimbo

Rafficas, it was like have a mini famas in each hand. The great thing about MW2 was everything was OP.

My search class was. Akimbo rapid fire MP5s with OMA. I'd run to wherever I wanted to be and then switch to my main class. I'd leave claymores everywhere and in those days they didn't die with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

When will Fall Guys be available to download? Is it normally just on the 1st of the month? Looks like good craic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

mutley18 wrote: »
    When will Fall Guys be available to download? Is it normally just on the 1st of the month? Looks like good craic :D

PlayStation plus games always release the First Tuesday of the month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

mutley18 wrote: »

It releases on the 4th of August!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Saw MW2 and was delighted, going back to those levels. Afghan, terminal, rust, favela. Noob tubes, the ump45. Probably my favourite cod game. But its campaign only! Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Cienciano wrote: »
    Saw MW2 and was delighted, going back to those levels. Afghan, terminal, rust, favela. Noob tubes, the ump45. Probably my favourite cod game. But its campaign only! Ffs

Ah crap, I thought it was online muti player as well. Waste of time downloading it

Nah, they never released MP for MW2R. They thought it would dilute the playerbase too much, as it was roughly around the same time as MW2019.

• Advertisement

I've watched a few videos for fall guys and all I can see is my controller embedded in my tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've watched a few videos for fall guys and all I can see is my controller embedded in my tv.

I think it's one of those games where you just have to accept you will more than likely lose every time you play, but might be a bit of fun doing so.

Looks like it will be impossible to get Platinum with the win 5 episodes in a row trophy
    https://www.exophase.com/game/fall-guys-psn/trophies/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I wonder...
    I got a PS Plus two-week trial with Death Stranding - would this allow me to download the free games of the month with it?

don't see why not although you'll lose access when the two weeks are up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I wonder...
    I got a PS Plus two-week trial with Death Stranding - would this allow me to download the free games of the month with it?

Yes, but you lose access to the games when your PS+ expires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I wonder...

Cdkeys have 12 month subs for €47 atm.

They're doing US ones for about €27 if you also have a US account.

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus/1-year-playstation-plus-membership-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-digital-code

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Played an hour or so of Fall Guys last night and its really good fun. Will definitely be playing more of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Played an hour or so of Fall Guys last night and its really good fun. Will definitely be playing more of it.

Yeah got a few games of it before the servers went down for maintenance. A lot of fun and very easy to just pick up and play. Really looking forward to playing more of it.

• Advertisement

I ad a blast last night with it. Got a win and milliseconds from a second one. Can be a very good, active game, but they'll need a lot of level updates or it will get stale quite quick. But definitely great fun for now.

Advertisement