Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Played an hour or so of Fall Guys last night and its really good fun. Will definitely be playing more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Played an hour or so of Fall Guys last night and its really good fun. Will definitely be playing more of it.

Yeah got a few games of it before the servers went down for maintenance. A lot of fun and very easy to just pick up and play. Really looking forward to playing more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I ad a blast last night with it. Got a win and milliseconds from a second one. Can be a very good, active game, but they'll need a lot of level updates or it will get stale quite quick. But definitely great fun for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I ad a blast last night with it. Got a win and milliseconds from a second one. Can be a very good, active game, but they'll need a lot of level updates or it will get stale quite quick. But definitely great fun for now.

I imagine each season will bring at least 1 new game and maybe even variants on existing ones. I think in particular they need to vary the early ones. Almost always just seesaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Played it there tonight as well, managed a win.. final round was that falling hexagon one, which was easily managed.

Wish there was some split screen local play tho! Would be gas playing it with friends and trying to throw each other off.

• Advertisement

I get the feeling there was a lot more content intended for release, but held back for the seasons/mtx stuff. As I said, it will need a lot more variation to survive. Even variation on the current levels themselves. I also noticed sliding was something shown in trailers, but it's not in the game.

Had a few more games last night, still good craic. I'm getting about 50/50 of the Seesaw and spinning discs one at the begining. Had my first go of the fox tail one for the final round, had the bloody thing for about 25 seconds, lost it, got it back with 5 seconds to go and lost it in the last second. So still only 1 win, but close again to the grabbing the crown one. Pretty sure my first win on the crown one was pure luck, as the person before me hit the crown but must have forgot to hold R2 to hold onto it. Will definitely keep playing, but variation again will be key. Also don't like the team ones, so hopefully down the line there'll be options to keep it all solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Are PS Plus games like Fall Guys ever made available to play to those without a Plus sub, I paid €20 for it not realising I needed an account and now can't play it, don't even know why there was an option to buy. Can't get a refund because I've already downloaded it. It's a shame cause it looks like a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Jacovs

No, 99.999% of games require a ps plus sub to play online. And as fall guys is completely online vs other people it wont be able to play without a ps plus sub.

Only game off the top of my head is Fortnite that you dont need a ps plus sub to play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Are PS Plus games like Fall Guys ever made available to play to those without a Plus sub, I paid €20 for it not realising I needed an account and now can't play it, don't even know why there was an option to buy. Can't get a refund because I've already downloaded it. It's a shame cause it looks like a lot of fun.

All online multiplayer requires a PS+ sub.
    There's a warning on the web store beside the buy button, but not sure about the console store.
    It sucks, but it's been that way for a long time.

I do agree with you that you shouldn't be able to buy it this month without a PS+ sub though. Might be worth contacting support and asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There's weekends here and there but it's not common.

While there is a big warning that you need plus for it and they don't have to I think they might give you a refund for it if you tried.

• Advertisement

It just didn't occur to me that having bought the console and bought the games I'd still need to pay a monthly sub to be able to play them. It's a **** system but c'est la capitalism. Live and learn. I've never encountered the problem before which goes to show that it probably wouldn't be worth my time subscribing for one game. Cheers for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Jacovs wrote: »
    No, 99.999% of games require a ps plus sub to play online. And as fall guys is completely online vs other people it wont be able to play without a ps plus sub.

Only game off the top of my head is Fortnite that you dont need a ps plus sub to play online.

F2P games like Fortnite and Destiny 2 don't require Plus, neither do games with their own subscriptions like Final Fantasy XIV.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It says on the screen "Paid PlayStation Plus subscription required for online multiplayer". Also in the details: "Online play required".

You should definitely ask for a refund, citing you don't have PS+.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It says on the screen "Paid PlayStation Plus subscription required for online multiplayer". Also in the details: "Online play required".

You should definitely ask for a refund, citing you don't have PS+.

I honestly just wasn't paying attention because I didn't know it was a thing. I've been onto their automated refund chatbot and was told I couldn't get a refund but I'll try email them. I'm just glad it was only €20 and I hadn't spent more.

I honestly just wasn't paying attention because I didn't know it was a thing. I've been onto their automated refund chatbot and was told I couldn't get a refund but I'll try email them. I'm just glad it was only €20 and I hadn't spent more.

Don't mind the chatbot. It's very limited and doesn't allow for possible exceptions. Get directly onto them and see. No harm in trying, and you can even state that if you got the refund in PSN credit it would do (they would still be getting your money that way - if that's what you want that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Cienciano wrote: »
    Saw MW2 and was delighted, going back to those levels. Afghan, terminal, rust, favela. Noob tubes, the ump45. Probably my favourite cod game. But its campaign only! Ffs

Literally just feeling this, freshly downloaded to boot up on MP to come crashing down its only SP. Dissapointed as i was looking forward to the MP and challenges so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Cienciano wrote: »
    Saw MW2 and was delighted, going back to those levels. Afghan, terminal, rust, favela. Noob tubes, the ump45. Probably my favourite cod game. But its campaign only! Ffs

Literally just feeling this, freshly downloaded to boot up on MP to come crashing down its only SP. Dissapointed as i was looking forward to the MP and challenges so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,430 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just coming on to report Fall Guys is the most fun I've had with the kids playing a game in months. Definitely a good month for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Yeah it's brilliant. Not many people complaining this month which is a good indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Brozy wrote: »
    Yeah it's brilliant. Not many people complaining this month which is a good indicator.

Doesn't happen very often :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Brozy wrote: »

Being honest I'm very vocal about how poor the PS plus lineup usually is. This month seems excellent though. I'm really looking forward to trying Fall Guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I just started playing COD WW2 but it keeps getting stuck on a loading screen during the 3rd mission, has anyone come across this?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

My young lads Playstation Plus sub is expired and I want to renew. if I buy it with CD keys or shop to will this work in Ireland. usually buy from smyths but they are more expensive. I know nothing about this by the way so any guidance is appreciated

My young lads Playstation Plus sub is expired and I want to renew. if I buy it with CD keys or shop to will this work in Ireland. usually buy from smyths but they are more expensive. I know nothing about this by the way so any guidance is appreciated

Just make sure it says Ireland on the sub you buy.

Just make sure it says Ireland on the sub you buy.

where does it say that. al I can see is UK. does this mean it wont work.
    thanks for your reply

where does it say that. al I can see is UK. does this mean it wont work.
    thanks for your reply

Here is the link to the Irish 12 month sub.

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-plus-12-month-subscription-ireland-cd-key

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Eneba currently have Irish codes. Works out about €50 inc fees.

https://www.eneba.com/psn-playstation-plus-card-365-days-ie-psn-key-ireland

thanks I see it now. The yearly one is out of stock. typical

Eneba currently have Irish codes. Works out about €50 inc fees.

https://www.eneba.com/psn-playstation-plus-card-365-days-ie-psn-key-ireland

thanks I used that. there was a code JUST3 and it brought it below €50

thanks for all your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Niska

PS PLus is listed as 25% off at the moment for 12 months (€44.99) - but appears to e for those with out an active sub:

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/IP9102-NPIA90006_01-PSPLUSSUBS12MDIS

(Details of offer:

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/legal/plus12moffer/
    TERMS AND CONDITIONS

25% OFF 12M PS PLUS - AUGUST - 2020

“Eligibility Requirements”

All of the following:

must not have an active PlayStation®Plus membership or trial at the time when the Applicable Product is purchased

must be 7 years or older and users under 18 require parental consent, except that users in Germany must be 18 years or older

must be a resident of one of the Entrant Countries

“Applicable Product(s)”

12 month PlayStation®Plus membership, at 25% off the regular price.

The membership will continue indefinitely until cancelled and you will be billed in 12 month periods at the then current full PlayStation® Store price.

“Applicable Store”

PlayStation®4 system store and the online store on the web known as the PlayStation® Store , excluding all other methods of purchase, other PlayStation®stores and in-game commerce.

“Opening Date”

25/08/2020 - 11:00 (BST)

“Closing Date”

01/09/2020 - 11:00 (BST)

“Entrant Countries”

Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom

“Steps”

Eligible Persons must during the Promotional Period:
    a. sign into PSN; and
    b. purchase the Applicable Product on the Applicable Store.

Advertisement