Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,291 ✭✭✭facehugger99

When I put the COD game into pause, my PS4 pro sounds like it's going to take off.

The fan starts going mental even though the game isn't doing anything. This continues when you navigate back to the home screen and the only way I can stop it is by quitting out of the game.

Any else experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

When I put the COD game into pause, my PS4 pro sounds like it's going to take off.

The fan starts going mental even though the game isn't doing anything. This continues when you navigate back to the home screen and the only way I can stop it is by quitting out of the game.

Yup. The Pro has serious issues with menus, especially if they have a lot of icons. Fan is fine in Destiny 2 until you open any of the menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, some games can cause that, something to do with uncapped framerates in menus. Some of us including myself have opened the machine and replaced the thermal paste inside, but it seems to give varying results. Mine's fine now but others have said it can still get loud after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,781 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fantastic!! I was tempted so many times to buy pubg. SF hasn't interested me since 2 but still nice to have a bate em up for when someone calls around.

Edit: just saw both are already on PS Now. They need to merge both Now and PS Plus for next gen. Ridiculous on their or own at the moment when they share so many games.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'll definitely take SFV, though SF has always been lower on my list in terms of beat-em-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If that is the base version of SF:V it is very bare bones compared to the Champion Edition which had been on sale earlier this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Edit: just saw both are already on PS Now. They need to merge both Now and PS Plus for next gen. Ridiculous on their or own at the moment when they share so many games.

Agree 100%. SFV is only a recent enough (2 months ago I think) release on PSnow too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I've tried PUBG a couple of times on PSNow and I thought it was pretty poor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Both games are currently on PS Now, what a cop out :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I already have PS Now. Absolutely ridiculous that PLus games are already available on PS Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Surely it has to be a massive Title for next month PS Now after this joke?

Aren't they trying to Promote these subscriptions? Not good to promote them by having the same games available on both.

Would rather a terrible title that I probably would never play than 2 titles that I already have on ps now.

Fair enough if its a title that has left PS Now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They're both still on Now and I don't think they have an expiry either. Bad month for owners of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

They're both still on Now and I don't think they have an expiry either. Bad month for owners of both.

Great month for me though as I don't have psnow or either game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Great month for me though as I don't have psnow or either game!

PUBG is piss poor if you ask me, it seemed to have missed the bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

There's 24 dlc characters not in this version of
    Street Fighter 5.
    It's the version of Street fighter 5 that no-one would buy because it's missing too much.
    If you wanted the full Street Fighter 5 experience with all the characters your best bet would be to delete this and get Street Fighter 5 Champion Edition.
    If you only bought the upgrade then when your plus would run out you'd lose access to Street Fighter 5 so it's kinda useless really.
    It's almost like giving a demo away for free.
    Fine for trying out the game but lacking too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

quinnd6 wrote: »
    There's 24 dlc characters not in this version of
    Street Fighter 5.
    It's the version of Street fighter 5 that no-one would buy because it's missing too much.
    If you wanted the full Street Fighter 5 experience with all the characters your best bet would be to delete this and get Street Fighter 5 Champion Edition.
    If you only bought the upgrade then when your plus would run out you'd lose access to Street Fighter 5 so it's kinda useless really.
    It's almost like giving a demo away for free.
    Fine for trying out the game but lacking too much.

All the additional characters are earnable in game, though it is an awful grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

All the additional characters are earnable in game, though it is an awful grind.

An extremely woeful grind, serious amount of hours are needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

phobia2011 wrote: »
    PUBG is piss poor if you ask me, it seemed to have missed the bus!

Yeah it arrived way too late on PS4 - I played it a bit the other night and the only thing I could compare it to was a slightly more polished version of H1Z1. I find those 3rd person BR games very hard to go back to after the likes of Apex & Warzone anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The evolution of Battle Royale is such a fascinating thing. PUBG was the hottest **** on Steam for a very long time (still is to a degree!) as arguably the first standalone release to really nail the basic mechanics of how such a game should work. That there was a bland as hell aesthetic and boring setting holding it all together barely mattered. Then more games showed up offering far more polish, visual identity etc and PUBG immediately felt old hat. Still, lots of players still on Steam at least so obviously some appeal there for many in its sort of clinical, no-nonsense gameplay loop.

I do have to confess the sheer obnoxious monetisation of PUBG put me off after spending a dozen or two hours playing with friends. It was way over the top for a paid game. At least in Apex it’s free to play - doesn’t hurt that the gameplay is exponentially slicker and more satisfying, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Early seasons of Fortnite and Apex were definitely my favourite. Pity they've all gone down the SBMM route

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm a big fan of SBMM and honestly think it's one of the reasons Warzone has been so successful.
    Getting absolutely pillored by better players or those with better set ups is simply not fun. The big problem with SBMM in WZ is that ultimately most of the cheaters end up in the top tier but that doesn't affect me. I still haven't seen a decent argument against SBMM other than better players complaining that it's now too difficult for them.
    imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I like the pacing of PUBG better than I like the pacing of any of the BRs that have come after it.

What stopped me buying it on PS4 was performance,like who wants to play a shooter that at the time ran sub 20fps in parts.

I did read recently that its been improved so ill give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I can't see any problem with SBMM - it makes perfect sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Normal mp should be connection based, while any proper competitive mode should be SBMM or tiered.

SBMM helps everyone at below average skill level, and make everyone else have nothing but sweaty games and that's before you take groups into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

bmorrissey wrote: »
    An extremely woeful grind, serious amount of hours are needed

Yeah, I ended up buying the full version after buying this version. Hours upon hours of repetitive gameplay to unlock any little thing. Was the worst grind ever for the tiny payoffs

Cienciano wrote: »
    Yeah, I ended up buying the full version after buying this version. Hours upon hours of repetitive gameplay to unlock any little thing. Was the worst grind ever for the tiny payoffs

I didnt even bother, i remember at the time, i was contemplating buying the season pass or whatever was on offer, but i had already put too much time into it and i think i ended up buying injustice 2 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

bmorrissey wrote: »
    I didnt even bother, i remember at the time, i was contemplating buying the season pass or whatever was on offer, but i had already put too much time into it and i think i ended up buying injustice 2 at the time.

I got both on sale, I just wanted all the characters. I barely played it, id be better off with the old school street fighter 2 hd.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    I got both on sale, I just wanted all the characters. I barely played it, id be better off with the old school street fighter 2 hd.

I just never gravitated towards SFV either, its a good game but with the exception of street fighter 1, every game on the 30th anniversary collection is better than it.

Advertisement