Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just realised this vampire game isn't the one that there's a next-gen sequel announced for (that's Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2). But checked out a quick gameplay video and might be worth a quick playthrough.

NFS Payback is a decent game to get, but not sure I'll bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,781 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Actually what's the deal with access and plus. I don't plan on renewing my access in November but would like to hold onto payback through plus. Is there a way to add it to plus?

Aw crap, i thought it was the newest nfs which is alright. Payback is the biggest load of **** ever. Wow that would put you off the series, weird move.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Actually what's the deal with access and plus. I don't plan on renewing my access in November but would like to hold onto payback through plus. Is there a way to add it to plus?

I'd imagine you can still add it to your library from the PS Store when it becomes available on PS+, even though the option to buy might not be there currently (to ensure you don't buy it when you already have it through Access).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Im in the same scenario as you, im not too sure, i assume if you download it while EA access is active, you will not have access to it once you cancel your subscription, i could be wrong however

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunno if said here or the PS5 thread, but wonder what they'll do in November. Will all those games they announced be for PS4 as well.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Dunno if said here or the PS5 thread, but wonder what they'll do in November. Will all those games they announced be for PS4 as well.

Given the backwards compatibility, I imagine PS+ will continue with two PS4 games (but which are playable on PS5 as well), and maybe add a small indie-type PS5 game each month too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Another PS Now game in Vampyr, that’s my sub for Now cancelled anyway. Pointless if they are just going to show up on Plus like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You can't.

It's a total shambles and utter bullshït. I wanted to keep Battlefront or whatever game was a PS Plus game recently but I had Access. Couldn't download it under PS Plus as it had an Access tag on it. I requested it be added to my plus collection with PlayStation support with no joy.

Their response was:

"Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid it isn't possible for us to change the license, it would be necessary to wait for your subscription to expire so that you can access the other version.

Let me know if you have any other questions."

Jaysus, that's shyte. Between plus, ps now and ea Access, there's too much crossover and when there's little support like above, very little motivation to keep now or access. I keep plus purely for online, the odd time i am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I want to shoot real people (but in a videogame) so the online bit of plus is necessary for me. I'm really not that bothered about the free games or at least that's what I thought until Bloodborne happened.
    That is pretty poor though about the Now / Plus conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Jacovs

You can't.

It's a total shambles and utter bullshït. I wanted to keep Battlefront or whatever game was a PS Plus game recently but I had Access. Couldn't download it under PS Plus as it had an Access tag on it. I requested it be added to my plus collection with PlayStation support with no joy.

Their response was:

"Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid it isn't possible for us to change the license, it would be necessary to wait for your subscription to expire so that you can access the other version.

I had the same and got the same reply when Sims 4 was on Plus and I already had it installed on Access. Got the same reply as you. But I kept at it and asked for it to be escalated. Eventually they changed the license to Plus. From then on I make sure if a game is announced for Plus thats also on Access then I delete the Access version if I have it installed, and add the Plus version once it becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,014 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Penn wrote: »
    Given the backwards compatibility, I imagine PS+ will continue with two PS4 games (but which are playable on PS5 as well), and maybe add a small indie-type PS5 game each month too.

I mean all those games they announced in the showcase with GoW and all as part of the PSplus collection
    From what I see online, it seems they'll be PS5 only and can't be played in PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The crossover is a piss take. They can shove both subs up their hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

A meh from me. At least it has a somewhat good game in it this month. The crossover between Plus/Now/Access is crap though. As said above, that NFS is crap. I tried Vampyr but couldn't get into it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You can't.

Their response was:

"Thanks for your reply.

I got the same response. Fairly petty out of Sony, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

The crossover between Plus/Now/Access is crap though.

This x100. Seems like its every month at this stage

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I agree that the crossover is getting very annoying! I've already played Vampyr through PS Now and don't have much interest in Need For Speed.

I don't play online so I only have Plus for the games and the discounts.

It would make far more sense to join to the two subs together!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Haven't played Vampyr but heard good things so happy with that, NFS can eat a dick though.

I think the Now/PS+ thing is a bit of a damned if they do, damned if they don't. PS Now needs a lot of games on it to be worth it and to compete with Gamepass, but trying to find decent games for PS+ that aren't also on Now is likely difficult.

Ultimately, your PS+ subscription is for playing online, the free games, discounts, and the other features (cloud storage etc). PS Now is for streaming/downloading the catalogue of free games. But the PS+ games are always an unknown, and most months I've either already played them or have little-to-no interest in them.

I don't think it's unfair that some of the games are already on PS Now. It definitely sucks when they're games you already have (whether through having already bought and played it or having it through PS Now), but I don't know if I could class it as unfair on Sony's part, because if you have PS Now you have largely unfettered access to a huge amount of games which aren't on PS+, and the PS+ is primarily for online play (with the free games being a bonus each month).

What Sony should do is offer a joint subscription service which covers both. It'd get far more people onto PS Now as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Penn wrote: »

What Sony should do is offer a joint subscription service which covers both. It'd get far more people onto PS Now as well.
    Yeah a joint subscription would be ideal, and if they could bring in EA Play and even somehow get UPlay+ into a single bundle too that would be unreal

I'm really not pushed on Now, Free games or EA Play. It's not I think they're bad just not something I'd particularly want to pay for. If they offered everything under one package the price would go up. That's when the torches and pitchforks would come out.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm really not pushed on Now, Free games or EA Play. It's not I think they're bad just not something I'd particularly want to pay for. If they offered everything under one package the price would go up. That's when the torches and pitchforks would come out.

I think they'd definitely need to allow for the separate subscriptions too. Like PS+ €60/yr, PS Now €60/yr, PS+ & PS Now bundle €100/yr. And yeah they should try get EA Access onto PS Now as well.

They're not going to compete with Gamepass, but they can't allow themselves to fall so far behind it either. Their 1st party studios/exclusives will only carry them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Spent the last 20 mins trying to disable auto renew online

I followed the steps in the email and when I go to subscription management it says I've no current subscriptions

I removed my payment method anyway

Anyone any ideas? I was doing it on the pc should I try it on ps4?

Go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [PlayStation Subscriptions]. Select the subscription you want to cancel. Select [Turn Off Auto-Renew].

if you don't have any subscriptions there's nothing to auto renew, no?

Go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [PlayStation Subscriptions]. Select the subscription you want to cancel. Select [Turn Off Auto-Renew].

My ps plus sub should be showing? Plus I got the email it's to auto renew at the end of the month

Thank you, that worked, don't know why I couldn't turn it off in browser!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Folks, where's the cheapest place to get a 12 month sub these days? Just realised mine has lapsed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Folks, where's the cheapest place to get a 12 month sub these days? Just realised mine has lapsed

€46.99 was the cheapest I could find two weeks ago when I renewed from here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

NUTZZ wrote: »
    €46.99 was the cheapest I could find two weeks ago when I renewed from here

Is that a good deal for a year? How much is it normally?

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement