Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

madmoe wrote: »
    Is that a good deal for a year? How much is it normally?

Cheers,
    M

Well it’s €60 on the PlayStation store, so yep, pretty solid price at €47!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭False Prophet

dudeeile wrote: »

Thats wallet not ps+

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thats wallet not ps+

Use your wallet to fund PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

NUTZZ wrote: »
    €46.99 was the cheapest I could find two weeks ago when I renewed from here

Out of stock. Do they usually restock daily. Should have picked this up sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

F1ngers wrote: »
    Use your wallet to fund PS+.

You still would have to add €10 more on top of that for the price of PS Plus on the store, priced at €59.99
    bigron2109 wrote: »

I honestly have no idea, I'd never used them before. I spent a bit of time researching the cheapest price for 12 month PS Plus and it happened to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

bigron2109 wrote: »

No they don't. I'd say they restock around every 2 months. Usually lasts a week or two before they run out again. You can sign up for email alert with them so you know when it's back in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

No chatter on here at all about this month's games; are they any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

tigger123 wrote: »
    No chatter on here at all about this month's games; are they any use?

Vampyr is great, well worth a play, Need for Speed Payback is shyte, easily the worst NFS in 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

First time ever playing a Need for Speed game and I thought it was awful. Haven't tried Vampyr though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Really like some of the other Don't Nod games but didn't enjoy Vampyr at all. I'm going to try giving it another go now that it's on Plus but I'm not hoping for much from it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

NFS is not too bad, it’s just the whole upgrading system is a disaster in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 29,015 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was wondering that as well but the resetera thread linked said that was Australian dollars.
    I'm sure it'll increase at some point in the future though

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was wondering that as well but the resetera thread linked said that was Australian dollars.

I ran the exchange on USD, CAN and AUS and they were nowhere near our normal €59.99, closest was USD at €63, lowest was AUS which was more like €47

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

That checks out on the Australian store:

https://store.playstation.com/en-au/grid/STORE-MSF76008-PS_PLUS_MEMBERSH/1

Phew, I was getting worried there for a minute. Although those Aussies are getting it more ten euro cheaper than us!

Was thinking this next Wednesday's announcement is the last one before PS5. So considering they have the Plus Collection I doubt they'll worry about doing anything special on PS4 side to lure people in. I also doubt they'll have any PS5 games like they had Contrast and Resogun at PS4's launch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Was thinking this next Wednesday's announcement is the last one before PS5. So considering they have the Plus Collection I doubt they'll worry about doing anything special on PS4 side to lure people in. I also doubt they'll have any PS5 games like they had Contrast and Resogun at PS4's launch

I tend to agree with you!
    Funnily enough I saw an article last week, supposing the exact opposite.
    Guess we'll find out next Wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

The new store is terrible. The navigation is a mess.
    I've tried to find where I put the monthly PS+ games in my basket and I ended up going around in circles with 3 tabs opening back to the same page I started on (I already have the games, I'm just checking out the layout).

I do not like it one bit.
    It always amazes me when I see a result like this and wonder who the F thought it was a great idea. Someone got paid for this mess.

The old store was clunky, but was straight forward on a PC.

• Advertisement

Thinking again and likely the games this month will either be the games not playable on PS5 or more likely 2 games from the PS Plus Collection we didn't already get on PS4, like Persona and Battlefield 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Good idea, that game aint worth full price and maybe, just a maybe might have some legs to be a successful multiplayer game going the PS+ route like Rocket League and Fallguys went

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I was actually strongly considering it too. Confirmed now I will wait. Happy days!

You know a game sucks when even Sony feel bad about charging $70 for it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

While I think that might be part of it, I reckon it's more because of the success following Rocket League and Fall Guys after they went free at launch. Anyway, no doubt it's loaded with MT's (hopefully cosmetic only) and any game with that model should be FTP anyway. But good news all the same, had no interest in it until now. Free is always good!

Any predictions for November PS+? Bought Subnautica last night, so that'll probably be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was just looking at subnautica today, would love that!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I was just looking to subnautica today, would love that!

I'm literally installing Subnautic Below Zero right now!

The first one is so good. Tried the mutliplayer mod with a friend too which worked pretty well!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Jesus, is that the quickest second game in the series ever (excluding yearly cash cow games like Fifa/CoD/etc)? First only came out in 2018. Or maybe I'm just so used to most games having years between releases. Ah well, if the first is as good as people are making out, I'll have the sequel for the PS5!

Saying that, I just read both games will have PS5 support and free upgrades, so yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Jesus, is that the quickest second game in the series ever (excluding yearly cash cow games like Fifa/CoD/etc)? First only came out in 2018. Or maybe I'm just so used to most games having years between releases. Ah well, if the first is as good as people are making out, I'll have the sequel for the PS5!

Saying that, I just read both games will have PS5 support and free upgrades, so yay!

In fairness the first came out in early access in December 2014 with full release Jan 2018.
    Below Zero is still in EA and will likely release early next year.

Advertisement