Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Just got an email from sony with 25% off psplus sub, which was dead handy as mine is up in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So... Has anyone figured out how to use the store with a PC yet ?

I can't get to PS+ games... and yes, I have PS+.

What a complete clusterfucc.

500 internal server error... constant.

Worked for me on pc today. Chrome browser, googled PlayStation store Ireland. Signed in, clicked store tab at the top and used search to find Shadow of war. Saw the free one and added it to my library. Store was a bit finicky bit worked in the end. Shadow of war gave 500+ results which is bollox.

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Just got an email from sony with 25% off psplus sub, which was dead handy as mine is up in a few weeks

Man i NEVER get these offers. I signed up to communications from them, checked junk, etc.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Man i NEVER get these offers. I signed up to communications from them, checked junk, etc.

I got lucky, was gonna wait for black friday sale in hope of discount, no need now. My guess is I was targeted since they knew I was nearly expired

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I got lucky, was gonna wait for black friday sale in hope of discount, no need now. My guess is I was targeted since they knew I was nearly expired

Mine is up at the end of this month. I never get these bleeding offers either. Pain in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So... Has anyone figured out how to use the store with a PC yet ?

I can't get to PS+ games... and yes, I have PS+.

What a complete clusterfucc.

500 internal server error... constant.

When you get to the store, there's a, Subscriptions tab up top. Games are in there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

just tried, can't select the games at all on the PC anyway.

Phone app worked though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

PC store works great for me on Firefox.
    Actually was fairly easy claim my monthly games within seconds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just added Shadow of War there via the main website. I note it's gone from store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/en-ie to store.playstation.com/en-ie, whatever difference that makes. It's a very clean looking site, but all means squat unless they improve the download/copy times. Hoping that's improved at least on the PS5, and hope Vodafone soon start offering a WiFi 6 enabled Gigabox soon. Or might just have to purchase one if they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Account specific? I let mine lapse as I'm too busy at work

• Advertisement

Account specific? I let mine lapse as I'm too busy at work

Aye, I got lucky. Wording on the email....

"Here’s 25% off – just for you

Fancy a 25% discount on your next 3 or 12 months of PlayStation Plus?

It’ll be time to pay your subscription fee soon, so this exclusive discount code to redeem at PlayStation Store could be coming at just the right moment.

Choose a 3-month* or 12-month PS Plus subscription** and enter your code at the checkout – the extra time will be added straight onto your current subscription.

Don’t delay, your code expires on 11:59 PM on 9 November and you can only use it once."

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I got one of those 25% off discounts a day after I used Eneba to get a 12 month for €50. Looks like I'm sorted for 2 years now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

I'll wait and see do I get an email. I'm too busy at work unfortunately I'm missing out on warzone

I just renewed using eneba on Sunday as well. Was going to wait but thought they could be out of stock later with the PS5 release.
    No discount for me

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I just renewed using eneba on Sunday as well. Was going to wait but thought they could be out of stock later with the PS5 release.
    No discount for me

There's usually a discount on plus around Black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

When I sign in to the store online, it still shows the October games.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Anyone ever heard of ps+ cards being faulty?? Bought one in Argos earlier and they had to refund me after the receipt printed and said the magnetic strip doesn't scan or is faulty or something? Couldn't make out what she was mumbling under the mask but seemed odd whatever happened. Paid by card and they just handed me cash back and said sorry?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Kremin wrote: »
    Anyone ever heard of ps+ cards being faulty?? Bought one in Argos earlier and they had to refund me after the receipt printed and said the magnetic strip doesn't scan or is faulty or something? Couldn't make out what she was mumbling under the mask but seemed odd whatever happened. Paid by card and they just handed me cash back and said sorry?

The cards in Argos have to be activated on the till to validate the code. If the magnetic strip can't be read by the till the code will not work on psn.

Eneba still have stock of 1 year subs. Works out around €50 including their fee.

https://www.eneba.com/psn-playstation-plus-card-365-days-ie-psn-key-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Don’t suppose anyone got a code who doesn’t plan to use by the time it expires? My plus expired last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Even if you don't have the PS5 yet you can still add it to your library. What are peoples thoughts on this game going by the trailers. It doesn't overly appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

The more I try the new store layout on my PC, the more I grow to hate it.

It is FUBAR.

The more I try the new store layout on my PC, the more I grow to hate it.

It is FUBAR.

Yupp, found Bugsnax "Even if you don't own a PS5, you can still add to library and play later"....no Add to Library button.

Signed into my US account, had to change store to US, found Demons Souls but no purchase buttons for it. I will try on a diferent browser later.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp, found Bugsnax "Even if you don't own a PS5, you can still add to library and play later"....no Add to Library button.

Signed into my US account, had to change store to US, found Demons Souls but no purchase buttons for it. I will try on a diferent browser later.

I was able to add to library. It's not showing up in the subscription tab though.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP2104-PPSA01503_00-BSNAX60962576975

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

This the one for us?

Is there any expiration on use, do I have to use it right away?

This the one for us?

Just use it now and it will stack on your current subscription.

Got that at the weekend. Just look up discount codes for Eneba as well and apply one of those when checking out to reduce their fee a little bit.

This the one for us?

That'll work. I'd wait a week until the Black Friday deals are live, PS+ is usually down to €45 for that on psn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was able to add to library. It's not showing up in the subscription tab though.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP2104-PPSA01503_00-BSNAX60962576975

I managed to grab it on that link. I dunno why the website has to be all cryptic about it.

Thanks that link had a button for me.

• Advertisement

Link didn't have a button. But was able to add it through the app. Of course it's not like can play until this day week

Advertisement