Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Seems you can't get it via the PS+ section, but if you search for the game and go to the store page for it, you can add it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Can't get logged in to my ps4 at all tonight anyone else having trouble?.

It keeps saying can't connect to internet, but it can't find the wifi network. All my other devices are connected to wifi and working perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't know if it's because I added it already, but I see Bugsnax under Subscriptions now.

Speaking of adding games through Plus, how does the Plus Collection work. I did a search for God of War but only there for PS4 at the usual price. Will this need to be added via the PS5. Maybe using a code?
    I wonder if, once added, you can play on PS4 as well.

I'd imagine it's just locked until you try to access via PS5 or have set a PS5 console in your profile.

Yeah, going by the PS blog here, it says "PS5 console owners with PlayStation Plus will be able to redeem and play a curated library of PS4 games that defined the generation..."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Can't get logged in to my ps4 at all tonight anyone else having trouble?.

It keeps saying can't connect to internet, but it can't find the wifi network. All my other devices are connected to wifi and working perfectly

No issues for me.
    Have you a set of homeplugs you can use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

F1ngers wrote: »
    No issues for me.
    Have you a set of homeplugs you can use?

Got it sorted. For some reason my router changed automatically and was only transmitting 5g and not 2.4g. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I don't know if it's because I added it already, but I see Bugsnax under Subscriptions now.

Speaking of adding games through Plus, how does the Plus Collection work. I did a search for God of War but only there for PS4 at the usual price. Will this need to be added via the PS5. Maybe using a code?
    I wonder if, once added, you can play on PS4 as well.
    I'd imagine it's just locked until you try to access via PS5 or have set a PS5 console in your profile.

Yeah, going by the PS blog here, it says "PS5 console owners with PlayStation Plus will be able to redeem and play a curated library of PS4 games that defined the generation..."

Yep, only accessible through a PS5. A CoD blog was posting about Black Ops 3 Zombies being available on the collection if you have a ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Yep, only accessible through a PS5. A CoD blog was posting about Black Ops 3 Zombies being available on the collection if you have a ps5.

It's actually now rumoured that you can get the PS Plus collection on your PS4 but only after you've claimed them on your PS5. So PS4-only players still won't get the PS Plus Collection, but if you have a PS5 you can get the games on your old PS4 as well.

Still a weird way of doing it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Penn wrote: »
    It's actually now rumoured that you can get the PS Plus collection on your PS4 but only after you've claimed them on your PS5. So PS4-only players still won't get the PS Plus Collection, but if you have a PS5 you can get the games on your old PS4 as well.

Still a weird way of doing it...

They said the games are added to your account as PS+ games once you claim them. As they are PS4 games it should be possible to play them on that console.

Yeah, it's an extra thing to entice people to upgrade to the PS5, I've no issues with it. Just hope that it's a permanent thing until stock is readily available at least, because removing it before people are able to purchase a PS5 would be a bit crap. Then, once you have your PS5, you won't want to play them on the 4 anyway, but would be handy for those holding onto their PS4's and giving it to the kids/whoever who can then play the Collection games.

Anyway, I'll most likely get stuck into God of War again, haven't played it since release and they have added Dualsense features to the PS5 version. Extra oomph when throwing and catching the axe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

We get screwed in Ireland on ps plus prices

Take the UK for example
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-month-ps-plus-uk-at-the-gamecollection-3589384

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Take the UK for example
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-month-ps-plus-uk-at-the-gamecollection-3589384

I always buy mine when it drops to 25% off, which happens a couple of times a year.

ERG89 wrote: »
    I always buy mine when it drops to 25% off, which happens a couple of times a year.

When does this tend to happen? I'm holding off on renewing my sub until January when I'm less busy at work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Take the UK for example

It's probably down to there being more competition in the UK when it comes to selling PSN credit and PS Plus than here. If there were more sites like The game collection but Irish based we could probably see better deals here too

It's probably down to there being more competition in the UK when it comes to selling PSN credit and PS Plus than here. If there were more sites like The game collection but Irish based we could probably see better deals here too

Interesting.... Where would one buy ps plus subs in bulk to begin with?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Interesting.... Where would one buy ps plus subs in bulk to begin with?

For Irish PSN , the only options would be GameStop, Smyths and Argos with Argos being in store only. Then online you have eneba, instant gaming or cdkeys.

PsPlus will probably be on offer during Black Friday anyway

When does this tend to happen? I'm holding off on renewing my sub until January when I'm less busy at work

Should be down in 2 weeks for Black Friday.

Should be down in 2 weeks for Black Friday.

Do you mean on the PSN store or another website?

Ideally I'd like a key I could activate in January

TIA

Do you mean on the PSN store or another website?

Ideally I'd like a key I could activate in January

TIA

Psn and in store. You can activate it now, it will extend your current subscription by 12 months.

Psn and in store. You can activate it now, it will extend your current subscription by 12 months.

My sub just expired and wasn't planning on activation until Jan. I assume in store is a code I can redeem anytime? In this regard who are the best stores to look out for on black Friday?

TIA

• Advertisement

My sub just expired and wasn't planning on activation until Jan. I assume in store is a code I can redeem anytime? In this regard who are the best stores to look out for on black Friday?

TIA

In store is a code you can redeem. Should be available in Smyths, GameStop and Argos.

In store is a code you can redeem. Should be available in Smyths, GameStop and Argos.

Thank you, I will keep an eye out!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Are discounts expected on Black Friday? Need to renew my subscription. Haven’t had Plus in ages.

Has it now changed that the whole back catalogue is available if I subscribe before my son opens his PS5 on 25th December?

Am thinking I could sneak another play of The Last of Us in between now and then on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There may be a sale for black Friday
    Or they may wait until they do the 12 deals of Christmas, though don't think they did that last year.

Not the whole back catalogue but there are a lot of top PS4 games available as part of the Plus Collection on PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    There may be a sale for black Friday
    Or they may wait until they do the 12 deals of Christmas, though don't think they did that last year.

Not the whole back catalogue but there are a lot of top PS4 games available as part of the Plus Collection on PS5

Is the Last of Us there? I won’t be opening the PS5 until Xmas day ya see.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is the Last of Us there? I won’t be opening the PS5 until Xmas day ya see.

It is.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/playstation-plus-collection-game-list-ps-ps5-6300

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Do PS5 games only show up for download from the website if you have a PS5 registered on your account?

Previously, was always able to add PS4 and Vita games before I owned them.

It says this on the site: "Don't own a PS5 yet? Add Bugsnax to your game library and it'll be saved for as long as you're a PS Plus member."

But there's no purchase, or add to library link anywhere. Where you'd normally see it is just a plain black box.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Do PS5 games only show up for download from the website if you have a PS5 registered on your account?

It says this on the site: "Don't own a PS5 yet? Add Bugsnax to your game library and it'll be saved for as long as you're a PS Plus member."

But there's no purchase, or add to library link anywhere. Where you'd normally see it is just a plain black box.

If you do it through the mobile app, the button appeared for me there?

They can be added from the webstore, it seems to be having issues atm with nothing currently available to purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I had to sign out and back in for that one, very specific, but important, part of the page to load.

Advertisement