Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Could add Bugsnax from the app, but the Plus Collection games were added using the PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Could add Bugsnax from the app, but the Plus Collection games were added using the PS5

Indeed, you can only add the collection games from a PS5 console. Once they are added they are playable on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Lemlin wrote: »
    Are discounts expected on Black Friday? Need to renew my subscription. Haven’t had Plus in ages.

Has it now changed that the whole back catalogue is available if I subscribe before my son opens his PS5 on 25th December?

Am thinking I could sneak another play of The Last of Us in between now and then on the PS4.

If you subscribe to PS Plus now, you can only play The Last of Us for free on the PS4 if you added it to your library when it was a free PS Plus game.

When your son turns on his PS5, it will be available as one of the free games in PS Plus collection, as others have linked to above, (so long as you have PS Plus).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Hey guys, sorry if it's been asked before but I am just coming back to PSPlus for the first time in years and just keeping an eye on the blackfriday deals

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-Plus-Membership-Download-account/dp/B00GUXZTAC/ref=gbps_tit___ce27755f?smid=AR9ZQCUDB1BRG

I presume we can't use this in Ireland because it is in pounds? In that case would it be best to wait for Smyths/gamestop to have a voucher on sale, and is it possible to use that voucher next month and not right away? I read your guys suggestions about making a US account and buying from there but I think I would rather just have it all in the one account!

TIA, And sorry again if its been asked! (I think it has, I just got a bit confused reading it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

No you can't use it in Ireland because of the British Flag on the logo. Will only work with UK PSN accounts.

You need one with either an Irish or EU Flag, nothing to do with the currency you're buying it with.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    No you can't use it in Ireland because of the British Flag on the logo. Will only work with UK PSN accounts.

You need one with either an Irish or EU Flag, nothing to do with the currency you're buying it with.

Thought that, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hey guys, sorry if it's been asked before but I am just coming back to PSPlus for the first time in years and just keeping an eye on the blackfriday deals

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-Plus-Membership-Download-account/dp/B00GUXZTAC/ref=gbps_tit___ce27755f?smid=AR9ZQCUDB1BRG

I presume we can't use this in Ireland because it is in pounds? In that case would it be best to wait for Smyths/gamestop to have a voucher on sale, and is it possible to use that voucher next month and not right away? I read your guys suggestions about making a US account and buying from there but I think I would rather just have it all in the one account!

TIA, And sorry again if its been asked! (I think it has, I just got a bit confused reading it!)

I am 100% new to PS Plus so similar in ways to you and don't want to be using US accounts etc.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Are discounts expected on Black Friday? Need to renew my subscription. Haven’t had Plus in ages.

Has it now changed that the whole back catalogue is available if I subscribe before my son opens his PS5 on 25th December?

Am thinking I could sneak another play of The Last of Us in between now and then on the PS4.

12 months sub now 44.99 in the Irish PSN store as part of black Friday sale

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Same price at smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Thanks!! Finally have a 12 month sub. Previously paid every month as I barely use online multiplayer and would pick and choose months I liked the games.

Just wondering does it take time after subbing for it to go live? Can't see it on my profile on the app and when I go to get any of the free games it's making me pay full price? Do I need to log into console first ?

• Advertisement

Same price at smyths

Thanks for that! Would you know, if this is purchased now can you use wait until Christmas to redeem it? PS5 has been taken away from me until then :( TIA all :)

Thanks for that! Would you know, if this is purchased now can you use wait until Christmas to redeem it? PS5 has been taken away from me until then :( TIA all :)

It's just a digital code from Smyths, just redeem it whenever you want

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is the plus collection for Ps5 perpetually available or is there a time limit on adding those games to your library?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Were you able to buy this? It's blocking me "due to geographical reasons", even though I have Parcel Motel in as my Delivery Address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Were you able to buy this? It's blocking me "due to geographical reasons", even though I have Parcel Motel in as my Delivery Address

It's a UK Code, it would be useless for an Irish account.

Is the plus collection for Ps5 perpetually available or is there a time limit on adding those games to your library?

I think it said January 4th. Can't check now as I added the games and the date is gone.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think it said January 4th. Can't check now as I added the games and the date is gone.

Could that be when your PS Plus runs out?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,188 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's a UK Code, it would be useless for an Irish account.

My account is a UK account

Could that be when your PS Plus runs out?

Nope. Just renewed for a year a couple weeks back.
    Maybe I misunderstood the question.
    They're available to add to your account until then, but once added I believe you have them for the duration of your sub.
    Bugsnax is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Jan 4th is just for bugsnax the PS Plus collection is separate afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will it be staying that price until Black Friday? I was going to hold out and see if Argos had any deal.

Will it be staying that price until Black Friday? I was going to hold out and see if Argos had any deal.

Seriously doubt you'll get it cheaper than that.

Smyths have Playatation Plus subscription at €44.99 and Platstation Now subscription at €44.99.

Am I right thinking those are the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Smyths have Playatation Plus subscription at €44.99 and Platstation Now subscription at €44.99.

Am I right thinking those are the same thing?

Not at all, 2 seperate subscriptions giving you access to different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Is it still possible with ps5 to use your ps account from US as your primary account on console, top it up with 1 year US PS+ for 25e and log in with Irish account on same console and get all the plus functionality for Irish account?

On offer until December 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Can't remember exactly, but im pretty sure I saw a date in April on one of them.

I had a look in the Add-Ons section for the Plus games and see Shadow of War has a free 4K cinematic textures pack

Jacovs wrote: »
    Not at all, 2 seperate subscriptions giving you access to different things.

What’s the difference between them? Which do I need to get the 15 free PS4 games on PS5?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What’s the difference between them? Which do I need to get the 15 free PS4 games on PS5?

PS+.
    Gets you online play, cloud storage and free monthly games.

PS now is for back catalogue games from previous consoles.

Advertisement