Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Lemlin wrote: »
    What’s the difference between them? Which do I need to get the 15 free PS4 games on PS5?

PS Plus allows you to play online and also gives you 2 free PS4 games every month (as long as you have an active PS Plus subscription), and now some free PS5 games too. PS Plus also gives PS5 owners access to the PS Plus Collection which is 20 PS4 games. This is the one you are asking for.

PS Now gives you access to a catalogue of PS2, PS3 and PS4 games. Some games get added for a limited time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Jacovs wrote: »
    PS Plus allows you to play online and also gives you 2 free PS4 games every month (as long as you have an active PS Plus subscription), and now some free PS5 games too. PS Plus also gives PS5 owners access to the PS Plus Collection which is 20 PS4 games. This is the one you are asking for.

PS Now gives you access to a catalogue of PS2, PS3 and PS4 games. Some games get added for a limited time.

Thanks lads. It’s PS Plus I want so.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

On the psplus games. Are the ones released this month still available to download come christmas day ? Or should one fire up a ps5 thats a Christmas present and download them beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

On the psplus games. Are the ones released this month still available to download come christmas day ? Or should one fire up a ps5 thats a Christmas present and download them beforehand?

They'll be gone in the first week of December. The games are only available that month to get (but remain yours as long as you've a PlayStation Plus subscription). You can log on and 'add to library' which is to essentially purchase it without downloading it. You can do this from the PlayStation store online or on the app without turning on the PlayStation (assuming you have PS Plus set up etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The ps5 game bugsnax is available until early January

The Ps4 games are gone early December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, I think bugsnax and the Plus Collection will be there Christmas Day.
    Unless you're looking for an excuse in which case they're leaving beginning of next month. :pac:

With next month's games announced tomorrow, do you think there'll be PS5? Wouldn't be too nice them giving away the game you just bought a couple weeks ago for free.
    I know they do it all the time, but in this case the game has just been released. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With next month's games announced tomorrow, do you think there'll be PS5? Wouldn't be too nice them giving away the game you just bought a couple weeks ago for free.
    I know they do it all the time, but in this case the game has just been released. :)

I'd imagine it's going to minor indie games that haven't been released yet for the next year or two if the PS4 is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

After the PS Collection, I have zero expectations but I would really like Subnautica, Obra Dinn or Night in the Woods

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bugsnax is free until January 4th so that will be the free game for PS5 next month again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

trying to renew my ps plus while the sale is on and the store is an absolute ****show today,

tried on PC, phone and ps itself but none would work, no specific error coded just "something went wrong" and then whe you try go to live chat it tells me its only available in Ireland... which i am

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It's been a while since I've used PS Plus... Do they still announce the new games on the last Wednesday of the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Bugsnax is a terrible game. I've given it about 2hrs now and it's rough. No wonder it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    It's been a while since I've used PS Plus... Do they still announce the new games on the last Wednesday of the month?

Yeah they usually do at around 4 I think

Worms Rumble is releasing 1st December (when ps plus games will go live), there is option to pre-order it on the store and the studio is celebrating an anniversary this year. Good chance this will be the 'PS5' game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,858 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Worms Rumble is releasing 1st December (when ps plus games will go live), there is option to pre-order it on the store and the studio is celebrating an anniversary this year. Good chance this will be the 'PS5' game.

I do love Worms :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I do love Worms :D

Same here, not played in years. Last time was in University with my housemate. We had a cable running between our PC's in different rooms, great craic! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Niska

Zero-Cool wrote: »

We have a winner!!

Worms (cross platform ps4 / ps5)

Ps4 but backwards compat won PS5):
    Just Cause 4
    Rocket Arena

Worms might be alright, rocket arena looks fun but many have tried to jump on the rocket League success but most have failed. I could never get into those just cause games, for bored very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Last month was too good in comparison. I was 1000% certain Rocket Arena was FTP

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

December is always a terrible month for PS Plus free games anyway so not unexpected. Just Cause games are basically 3 hours of having a laugh and then they collect dust, no real game there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

For the PS plus collection, just so i understand it correctly, i am downloading Days Gone, there is only a PS4 version, I'm aware it will obviously play on the PS5, but there is no PS5 version i am simply missing and not seeing, or am i just blind?

For the PS plus collection, just so i understand it correctly, i am downloading Days Gone, there is only a PS4 version, I'm aware it will obviously play on the PS5, but there is no PS5 version i am simply missing and not seeing, or am i just blind?

Just the one version, it got a patch a few weeks back to give it a boost on ps5 running at dynamic 4k and 60fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Does anyone know if any PSVR games ever came with PS+?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Firewall was in the Feb games

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood was VR

There were others as well
    https://playstation.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Plus_games_(PAL_region)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Here They Lie, Until Dawn - Rush of Blood and RIGS were all free

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Resident Evil 7 is in the PS+ Collection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Resident Evil 7 is in the PS+ Collection

Is it VR only?

Advertisement