Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just a warning, if you own the original version digitally you may not be able to redeem Control as it contains an item you already have a licence for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just a warning, if you own the original version digitally you may not be able to redeem Control as it contains an item you already have a license for.

I bought Control on my US account so should be alright. Saying that, I doubt I will play again as already played all the DLCs and since its a different region, I've a feeling if I downloaded the PS5 version, my save files wouldn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Concrete Genie just has a mode that is VR. The main game is non VR. I just finished it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Very impressive month!

I bought Control on my US account so should be alright. Saying that, I doubt I will play again as already played all the DLCs and since its a different region, I've a feeling if I downloaded the PS5 version, my save files wouldn't work

Depends on if the US version has a separate trophy list snd if PS4 saves will transfer. If it is shared between regions it will be considered to be the same game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think its a great month. Control is an amazing game imo, and I haven't played the dlc so looking forward to blasting through that on the 5. Concrete Genie I never pulled the trigger on, but will definitely give that a go.

And I have to say that I like the look of Destruction Allstars. Looks like fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Will DA be the new Rocket League? Probably not but it looks like a laugh, hopefully it has some staying power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I think its a great month. Control is an amazing game imo, and I haven't played the dlc so looking forward to blasting through that on the 5. Concrete Genie I never pulled the trigger on, but will definitely give that a go.

Agree with all of this. Best month I can remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Meh.

There's always one...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I was thrilled to see Control come to PS Plus, very happy with that. I'll be playing Concrete Genie in VR. I love PSVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Yay, Control, finally something really good that i dont already own

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I don't own Control so that's handy. The rumoured ones of Cjv 6 and Far Cry would also have been good though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Was about to pull trigger on Control last week, delighted...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So watching that, a lot of the content still has to be paid for (at least at launch)?

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    So watching that, a lot of the content still has to be paid for (at least at launch)?

There is no pay to win, skins, emotes etc can be bought using currency earned in game or via paid add-ons. They did say that in the future there would be more ways to earn in game currency.

There is no pay to win, skins, emotes etc can be bought using currency earned in game or via paid add-ons. They did say that in the future there would be more ways to earn in game currency.

I never mentioned cosmetics. There are "Challenge Series" events (trials, challenges etc, with 'back story') which can only be played by redeeming destruction points. These points can only be bought at launch. So if you want the full experience, either pay up at launch, or wait for them to add the ability to earn destruction points in-game and hope it isn't a slog to do so.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    I never mentioned cosmetics. There are "Challenge Series" events (trials, challenges etc, with 'back story') which can only be played by redeeming destruction points. These points can only be bought at launch. So if you want the full experience, either pay up at launch, or wait for them to add the ability to earn destruction points in-game and hope it isn't a slog to do so.
    Ah sorry, yeah I wonder if the Challenge series will launch after a few weeks and when there is another option to earn destruction points. I can't see them locking content like this behind paywall

Ah sorry, yeah I wonder if the Challenge series will launch after a few weeks and when there is another option to earn destruction points. I can't see them locking content like this behind paywall

I wonder what the original business model was. Anyway, hopefully it won't hurt interest, as the game looks like it might be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Another good month in my opinion. I will definitely try out Control and more than likely Concrete Genie at some stage. I have no interest in Destruction AllStars though, it just doesn't seem to be my kind of thing.

Pity we don't get Bloodstaind: Ritual of the Night on PS+ on top of these three games like Japanese subscribers.

Fantastic Metroidvania game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Pity you can’t transfer Control’s saves over to the PS5 version, only finished it a few weeks back so will prob just play the dlc via backwards compatibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

anyone play the shark game on PS5 ?

any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Pity you can’t transfer Control’s saves over to the PS5 version, only finished it a few weeks back so will prob just play the dlc via backwards compatibility.

Ah balls didn't even think of that. Anyone know if you can play the dlc straight away or is it accessed/suited for late game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah balls didn't even think of that. Anyone know if you can play the dlc straight away or is it accessed/suited for late game?

You've to finish the main storyline to do the Foundation DLC and you've to complete the The Face of the Enemy mission to be able to trigger the AWE DLC.

I got the Expansion pack at Christmas after completing the game the end of 2019. I don't know if it was the break or the DLC but it wasn't as much fun as I remembered. Couldn't see myself playing the whole thing over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

akelly02 wrote: »
    anyone play the shark game on PS5 ?

any good?

For about 20 minutes, absolutely terrible muck

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Trying find somewhere cheaper then 60 euro to get sub for year for Ireland. Everywhere I've seen seems be sold out.

Any ideas?

Trying find somewhere cheaper then 60 euro to get sub for year for Ireland. Everywhere I've seen seems be sold out.

Any ideas?

Yeah have noticed that all the sites that sell Irish PSN credit or PsPlus have been out of stock for a while now. Any other region like US is always in stock. No idea what's going on. Unfortunately I think you're going to have to pay the full price for it. Or just get 90 days one for now and hope that they discount 12 months sub again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Yeah have noticed that all the sites that sell Irish PSN credit or PsPlus have been out of stock for a while now. Any other region like US is always in stock. No idea what's going on. Unfortunately I think you're going to have to pay the full price for it. Or just get 90 days one for now and hope that they discount 12 months sub again.

I'll keep an eye on it sure.

Advertisement