Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cienciano wrote: »
    Oh FFVII, that's cool. I'll play for a couple of hours and realise it wasn't that good. I have bad memories about finding out how to breeding chocobos from gamefaq's to get knights of round materia. Having flashbacks just thinking about it.

It's totally different now, I just couldn't really get into it personally and played the first 3 hours or so....

I adored the PS1 title but could be just rose tinted spectacles to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

€60. There are currently no offers or resale codes atm.

Aw I feared that was the case.
    I looked myself on the usual sites and found nothing too.
    I likely won't bother.
    Hate losing access to games when sub expires.
    I often replay old games when sequels come out and am not that into multiplayer and have a backlog of older physical games so I'll forget about plus and just play those.
    Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fieldog wrote: »
    It's totally different now, I just couldn't really get into it personally and played the first 3 hours or so....

I adored the PS1 title but could be just rose tinted spectacles to be honest...

I'd imagine I'd do the same.

I remember thinking the motorbike bit was unbelievably good. Looking at it now, it's looks so bad.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19OECgt-pIw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Oh FFVII, that's cool. I'll play for a couple of hours and realise it wasn't that good. I have bad memories about finding out how to breeding chocobos from gamefaq's to get knights of round materia. Having flashbacks just thinking about it.

Breeding chocobos.
    Just put on some Barry White.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Not a great month for me. Remnant is loosely Dark Souls with guns, but has difficulty levels so might give it a spin. FFVII remake, I played the demo and didn't like it. Can't imagine an overstretched version being any better. Never played the original, but I don't like this hybrid system they have for fighting.

Farpoint I've heard is pointless without the Aim controller so that's out. And maquette does look interesting, but the overarching love story is putting me off it. Will give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I have FF7 remake already and loved it, think im going to start avoiding the purchase of games that i think might come to ps plus or ps now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Greyfox wrote: »
    I have FF7 remake already and loved it, think im going to start avoiding the purchase of games that i think might come to ps plus or ps now.

Was thinking the same, won't buy FF VII dlc now as it may end up on PS+ within a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

F1ngers wrote: »
    Was thinking the same, won't buy FF VII dlc now as it may end up on PS+ within a year.

Don't think I've ever seen dlc go onto Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Great month for me. Would have an interest in playing all the games and don't own any of them already so delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Great month for me. Would have an interest in playing all the games and don't own any of them already so delighted.

I have to agree. When there's months with a game I really want to play, chances are I already have it by time its on plus. This month is a few games I have a passing interest but wouldn't buy, so happy to be able to try them for free. No guilt if delete after 20 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

F1ngers wrote: »

Don't, I endured 2 years of "where's Nioh" and should just have bought the damn thing, you must know when to strike. I agree with Bile I don't think they normally release dlc, it's why I ended up buying the Bloodborne dlc

I have to say, I can't remember what year it was but Remnant from the Ashes was my GOTY the year it released

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Delighted with the FF VII inclusion, ive been flirting with it for months but couldn't justify paying the prices its at for what is essentially half a game.

Bought it in January. Argh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I'd imagine I'd do the same.

I remember thinking the motorbike bit was unbelievably good. Looking at it now, it's looks so bad.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19OECgt-pIw

Still awesome?! :pac:
    Loving the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There's no point waiting for games for months/years that may come to plus or any of the others.

If you don't want the game right now or can't play it right now, then there's no point adding it to your backlog.

Either you bought a game and play it fully in that time or like me for many games found myself not really playing it or giving it much time and then it's suddenly on sale or free. If I don't think I'll give it a proper run or have time to do so I wait, then I'm at least getting a game cheap at some point.

There's too many games I've bought day one when I really didn't have too or have time too.

For this the people who bought it have a little easier to justify route to the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Varik wrote: »
    If you don't want the game right now or can't play it right now, then there's no point adding it to your backlog.

In theory that's very true but in practice hype and sales keep calling me away from my massive backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Underwhelming month for me. And that’s being kind :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Corvo wrote: »
    Underwhelming month for me. And that’s being kind :)

No doubt the games won’t be of interest to many people (which is the case with every single game out there, after all), but allowing for that I think this month is just about as good as any month of the service can possibly be these days.

A recent, much-liked AAA blockbuster; a well-regarded mid-tier game in Remnant; an experimental new indie game from a respected publisher; and a bonus VR game to boot. That’s a good mix of big and small titles, and covering a lot of different bases. Outside of adding an even bigger title like TLOU2 in the place of FF7, I don’t think we could expect any better than this from month-to-month. And I say that as someone who didn’t care for FF7R :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It's always nice to see a PSVR game included in PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The quality of the offering has increased tenfold since PS5 came out. Would we have gotten games like Control before in PS+? Not a hope and whilst not every game on PS+ has been for me there's been noticeable change in the quality of the games offered and you simply cannot argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Can anyone tell me if I can download the "End of Zoe" for the PS Plus Collection version of RE7? Or do I have to buy the gold edition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Can anyone tell me if I can download the "End of Zoe" for the PS Plus Collection version of RE7? Or do I have to buy the gold edition

You would need to purchase the dlc, season pass or Gold Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

You would need to purchase the dlc, season pass or Gold Edition.

Great, so i can just pay for it in the store and it will work with my PS Plus version of the game?

I wasn't sure after seeing all the DLC chat around FF7 and needing the full version

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Great, so i can just pay for it in the store and it will work with my PS Plus version of the game?

I wasn't sure after seeing all the DLC chat around FF7 and needing the full version

Yes.

The issue with the dlc for FF VII is it is only being released on PS5.

The PS+ version of FF VII is not eligible to be upgraded to the PS5 version, as such the game will need to be purchased to access the dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Petermc83

As an avid purchaser of sports games for years, i have yet to see a decent title become available on PS+ for the monthly give away..
    Would love to see something in the future but wont hold my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Petermc83 wrote: »
    As an avid purchaser of sports games for years, i have yet to see a decent title become available on PS+ for the monthly give away..

The last couple of Pro Evos have appeared as PS Plus freebies

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wasn't there an ice hockey game recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Petermc83

been a member of ps+ for the last 8months and haven't seen either a ProEvo game or Ice Hockey in the monthly bundle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

been a member of ps+ for the last 8months and haven't seen either a ProEvo game or Ice Hockey in the monthly bundle.

We have never gotten a ProEvo on plus but I think we got NHL a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Kimbot wrote: »
    We have never gotten a ProEvo on plus but I think we got NHL a few months ago.

I think we also got MLB the Show recently and an NBA game prior to that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement