Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Kimbot wrote: »
    We have never gotten a ProEvo on plus but I think we got NHL a few months ago.

July 2019? I remember it because I had bought it for €20 approx 6 weeks previously

545491.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Petermc83 wrote: »
    As an avid purchaser of sports games for years, i have yet to see a decent title become available on PS+ for the monthly give away..
    Would love to see something in the future but wont hold my breath

That's because by the time most sports games would become available the next iteration will either be out or just about to be released making it pointless.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    July 2019? I remember it because I had bought it for €20 approx 6 weeks previously

545491.jpg

PES was pulled from that line up an hour or two before it was supposed to go live and replaced with Detroit: Become Human.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

PES was pulled from that line up an hour or two before it was supposed to go live and replaced with Detroit: Become Human.

Explains it I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 29,098 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looking back through the list, we had NBA 2K20 in July and MLB The Show in October 19
    https://playstation.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Plus_games_(PAL_region)

PES was in 2014

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Games are live.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm not sure what to do with FF7 Remake. I have the platinum in it so won't be playing through again but I would like to try the PS5 upgrade when it comes out, hopefully picking up PS4 version cheap before then for the free upgrade. Not sure if adding this to my library will feck that up.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm not sure what to do with FF7 Remake. I have the platinum in it so won't be playing through again but I would like to try the PS5 upgrade when it comes out, hopefully picking up PS4 version cheap before then for the free upgrade. Not sure if adding this to my library will feck that up.

Looks like it may block you from purchasing the PS4 version on PSN.

It shouldn't affect your ability to purchase the PS5 version on PSN or upgrade from a disc copy though.

Maquette is a God damn delight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭Brian017

Pulling PES for D:BH was a good decision. I adore that game, I wish I could play it for the first time all over again

• Advertisement

Maquette, I spent about an hour and a half figuring out Gateways level and towards the end i ended up losing access to my objects as i ended up dropping them in places i couldn't pick them up. Had to reload and had to start the level again. Save regularly people, unless you lose access to an object!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Maquette, I spent about an hour and a half figuring out Gateways level and towards the end i ended up losing access to my objects as i ended up dropping them in places i couldn't pick them up. Had to reload and had to start the level again. Save regularly people, unless you lose access to an object!

It really is a clever game.
    I smile to myself when I solve a puzzle.

Am on The Wedge now, walking around with a set of steps trying to figure out where they go.
    Try a few spots, but can't seem to find the next item.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,736 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Was about to say the same thing. Have gotten stuck a few times. Doesn't take long to redo sections but still a pain.

Finished The Wedge. Really loving the game. Proper genius.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played through Maquette tonight - thought it’d be shorter but ended up ploughing through once I got to the a certain point :p It’s good, occasionally great, but mostly just good. Moving through the larger, ‘upper’ layers can feel like walking through sludge, which makes trial and error a bit of a pain in some of the middle levels. The story is throwaway, and there’s a sense the central conceit has a bit more juice in it before it’s replaced with some more linear levels in the final third or so. The physics and items placement aren’t quite as neat and snappy as I think you often need in this kind of game. Manifold Garden’s probably a more refined and polished take on a modern, high concept puzzler.

But I still enjoyed it a lot. Some fiendishly clever puzzles with a few well-earned eureka moments. It looks great, although has that familiar Unity frame rate jank. It sounds particularly great - it’s amazing how few games use licensed songs to hit the sort of beats this does with sharp music cues. Not the best game Annapurna’s published, but a solid debut and I’d be keen to see what the developer does next.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Question, is the story completely ignorable? A love story just isn't my kind of thing!

Question, is the story completely ignorable? A love story just isn't my kind of thing!

Yeah it's easily ignorable/skippable. The small story bits so far are maybe a minute long each but you can skip with Circle after about 5 seconds.

The story is okay so far. Bryce Dallas Howard's acting is several Maquette-style levels above her husband though.

Like above the story is completely ignorable. There are speed run trophies for each level and the first level one is called TL:DR as in you didn't stop to read any of the writing :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd disagree slightly there - while you can AFAIK skip the short story interludes, there's a lot of story woven into the flow and visual design of the game, not to mention the puzzles themselves. The game also becomes a more linear beast from time-to-time as it expands on its story. I didn't even like the story (it's pretty basic and unimaginative) but it's very front and centre throughout the game.

You could ignore the story entirely and just speed run it, but that'd be rather pushing against the way the game's designed to be played first time around. You'd need to actively avoid and run away from some of the story that's put in front of you, and I'm not sure that'd make for a wholly satisfying experience :)

Yeah getting into 2nd half of the game, it's less about cool puzzles and more about the story which I agree, isn't great.

I'm stuck on The Exchange though. I can't pick up the dome in the first room, orange diamond icon there but nothing happens. I even looked up a guide and saw other people can pick it straight up. Happen to anyone else?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm stuck on The Exchange though. I can't pick up the dome in the first room, orange diamond icon there but nothing happens. I even looked up a guide and saw other people can pick it straight up. Happen to anyone else?

Just finished The Exchange now, no issues.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Just finished The Exchange now, no issues.

Looked up the official tips through the ps5 console and yupp, mine is bugged, should be able to pick it up okay. Looks like I'll have toi replay the last level to my last save.

Actually no, **** it, couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fieldog wrote: »
    It's totally different now, I just couldn't really get into it personally and played the first 3 hours or so....

I adored the PS1 title but could be just rose tinted spectacles to be honest...
    I managed 30 minutes and deleted it. Just not for me

OG FFVII > Remake

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Absolutely hated it, then and now

Looked up the official tips through the ps5 console and yupp, mine is bugged, should be able to pick it up okay. Looks like I'll have toi replay the last level to my last save.

Actually no, **** it, couldn't be arsed.

For some strange, very f*cky reason, you have to pick up the dome with circle instead of square.

Why? Because. That's why.

Just finished the game. Enjoyed it for the most part but pretty buggy in places which can royally screw you over because it's hard to see when it's bugged. Some parts such as the bridge puzzle are just infuriating too. The earlier sections are by far the best.

Yupp, came on to post that circle worked after finding out from a dev on Twitter. Feel like an eejit but why that change in the last chapter. Finished it up there, some really clever puzzles but the story...
    I get they were trying for a realistic relationship break up that must happen all the time but it felt like it was leading to something else before the fall, kinda like it fizzled out before actually getting good.

Annapurna themselves have a much better relationship study in the form of Florence - that actually has a lovely flow to it, and story / mechanics working harmoniously. The Maquette one I’m just sorta like ‘is that it?’ I’m all for games tackling more grounded, even mundane territory, but this one is so utterly mundane it’s pretty frustrating and detracts from the cool puzzles.

After you mentioned Annapurna before, I looked them up and never realised how many of their published games i love so much. Want to know more about them now like so they seek out like minded devs or do they devs reach out to them and how much input they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,098 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Tried a bit of Maquette. 2 minor complaints so far.
    When moving in the
    normal world, the footsteps just seem wrong. It sounds like you're walking but you're moving far too fast.
    And speaking of moving fast, I find movement in the larger world far too slow.
    That's where I turned it off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

PS+ is due on the 15th.
    Anybody and links to the best deal available out there?

Advertisement