Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

My God this month's games have to be the worst selection ever. Can we not get anything that isn't a 1$ Steam special offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

My God this month's games have to be the worst selection ever. Can we not get anything that isn't a 1$ Steam special offer?

Don't think you'd find Drawn To Death on Steam for $1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nailz wrote:

Don't think I'd buy it even for that little....I think it was intended to be ftp too which isn't a shock. I renewed last month (partially to get the free €10 credit) but this month lineup is pretty meh.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Don't think I'd buy it even for that little....I think it was intended to be ftp too which isn't a shock. I renewed last month (partially to get the free €10 credit) but this month lineup is pretty meh.
    Well, I meant that in the sense that DtD is a Sony first party title. :pac:

It is meh, but I'm not complaining. Still happy with DtD personally.

Nailz wrote: »

I wouldn't pay that much. Those shooting mechanics are some of the worst I've ever seen.

CnbL9HpXgAA6P6q.jpg

• Advertisement

I wouldn't pay that much. Those shooting mechanics are some of the worst I've ever seen.
    1mpwb7.jpg

I know I won't find it on Steam as it's a Sony game, but I stand by my remarks about the shooting.

68576968.jpg

I know I won't find it on Steam as it's a Sony game, but I stand by my remarks about the shooting.
    Fair enough man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Funny, I don't see any of the white knights defending this service and this month's selection.

Complete garbage.

My subscription runs out this month and it won't be renewed.

Plus was a brilliant service on PS3, then they brought in pay to play online so why bother paying companies extra for quality games when these suckers will pay for online anyway?! And they're servers are still horribly slow so clearly not a penny from this fee has gone into improving that. I'll be sticking to single player games on PS4 from now on. I'm disappointed in Sony for taking its customers for granted like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I have to pay for online play anyway. One subscription does online for all accounts on the console, and I get free games for my PS4, PS3, and Vita every month.

Are they all good, no, but there's enough to keep me occupied for a while, and the extra discounts as a Plus subscriber are nice too.

• Advertisement

I have to pay for online play anyway. One subscription does online for all accounts on the console, and I get free games for my PS4, PS3, and Vita every month.

Are they all good, no, but there's enough to keep me occupied for a while, and the extra discounts as a Plus subscriber are nice too.

That's exactly the attitude Sony are counting on and that's why we have the terrible, cheap games we have in this service now. It's getting worse by the month.

I'd actually prefer if they separated the pay online and monthly games subscriptions at this point if it meant we would get good games again. I'd argue a lot of people paying for online either don't know or don't care about the monthly games, I know my friends don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

ShaneU wrote: »
    Funny, I don't see any of the white knights defending this service and this month's selection.

Complete garbage.

Plus was a brilliant service on PS3, then they brought in pay to play online so why bother paying companies extra for quality games when these suckers will pay for online anyway?! And they're servers are still horribly slow so clearly not a penny from this fee has gone into improving that. I'll be sticking to single player games on PS4 from now on. I'm disappointed in Sony for taking its customers for granted like this.

Yeah I'm the same. I bought it two years ago but then managed to win 12 months for free in some Sony survey.

I cancelled the auto renew yestarday. Seemed unnecessarily difficulty!

The best thing about PlayStation plus over the last year has been the extra discounts whenever there are sales. Other than that it's been terrible.

It was good for at the end of the PS3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

ShaneU wrote: »

Complete garbage.

I more than make my money back in discounts throughout the year, I don't really give a toss if the games aren't very good for one or two months.

Its €50 a year ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Strange attitude from some posters on here who seem eager to convince those who are happy with the service, that no, it's actually terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

dohboy wrote: »
    Strange attitude from some posters on here who seem eager to convince those who are happy with the service, that no, it's actually terrible.

In comparison to its rival, XB1, which we have in the house also, in terms of free games, they are both the same. A few decent ones but a lot of crud.

But that's not what you are paying for. You are paying for online connectivity and comparing it to XB1, the PSN download speeds and connection issues within FPS games are not up to scratch. PSN is very slow on same connection compared to XB. I find a lag in EA games (FIFA and battlefield 1 which we have on both machines for direct comparison) in PSN compared to XB.

To summarise : PS4 is mine and XB1 is my sons and he also notices the lag on PSN. Downloads are far superior on XB compared to PSN. Both machines beside each other on the same homeplug via the same Ethernet switch to same virgin media internet.

Still prefer the PS4, but comparing services, the XB wins hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Awful selection again alright.

I got Journey and everybody's gone to rapture.

Can't say I thought anything else was decent.

Hoping for inside soon.

ShaneU wrote:

Enjoying both of this months ps4 offerings, well all four of them I should say. I like that each month Sony are looking for something a little different. But don't let that get in the way of you having a dig at anyone who didn't agree with you, after all, if you aren't a fan then no one is.

Damien360 wrote:
    To summarise : PS4 is mine and XB1 is my sons and he also notices the lag on PSN. Downloads are far superior on XB compared to PSN. Both machines beside each other on the same homeplug via the same Ethernet switch to same virgin media internet.

I've found the PSN downloads to be better then Xbox lately, it took two days to install Dead Rising 4 from disc and get the updates, and BF1 is at 20 gigs after 5 hours. In comparison, I downloaded all 16 of the humble bundle games, the new Yakuza and Sniper Elite 4 in a few hours on PS4 earlier today.

Everything bar the Xbox is flying down and all ports, etc are open and everything is cabled. Think that at times services can just be slow as other times the Xbox has downloaded rather quick.

Also, if experiencing lag in Fifa of BF1 make sure you've opened ports for the games and for the console and then run a UO trace to EA to see if you've packet loss or other issues.

Enjoying both of this months ps4 offerings, well all four of them I should say. I like that each month Sony are looking for something a little different. But don't let that get in the way of you having a dig at anyone who didn't agree with you, after all, if you aren't a fan then no one is.

I've found the PSN downloads to be better then Xbox lately, it took two days to install Dead Rising 4 from disc and get the updates, and BF1 is at 20 gigs after 5 hours. In comparison, I downloaded all 16 of the humble bundle games, the new Yakuza and Sniper Elite 4 in a few hours on PS4 earlier today.

Everything bar the Xbox is flying down and all ports, etc are open and everything is cabled. Think that at times services can just be slow as other times the Xbox has downloaded rather quick.

Also, if experiencing lag in Fifa of BF1 make sure you've opened ports for the games and for the console and then run a UO trace to EA to see if you've packet loss or other issues.

Could you point me in the direction of how to open ports for PS4 and Fifa/Pes. They have become unplayable online.

Could you point me in the direction of how to open ports for PS4 and Fifa/Pes. They have become unplayable online.

I'll send you on links to it all later on when I'm at my PC. It's relatively easy to do and should make a bug difference

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'll send you on links to it all later on when I'm at my PC. It's relatively easy to do and should make a bug difference

I would appreciate the links too, if you wouldn't mind.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    I would appreciate the links too, if you wouldn't mind.

I found the below link handy in assigning a static IP address to my PS4 then freeing up the ports.

https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/

I'd advise going through all the steps involved in the 'How to Setup a Static IP Address in Your PS4' section (including steps on port forwarding) to achieve the best possible connection.

Once you get to the port forwarding step (#6) it will provide you with a link to an in-depth guide that is dependent on your router model as their configuration and setup screens tend to vary from one another. Choose your model (or the closest thing to it) and it will bring you through exactly what you need to do to open the ports on the PS4.

Edit: I recently moved over to eir and got the ZyXEL D-1000 modem with it, but it wasn't listed in the above website, so if you use that modem the closest guide that they have to that it is this, as it's port forwarding page has the same layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I remember the first pro evo on PS3,couldnt even matchmake if you were wireless and didnt have the ports forwarded. Thats the game that made me learn port forwarding.

Bit s**t all these years later that it still has these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Picked up Pro Evo for the tenner last week, I've been playing since the first one on the PS1 but have missed a few here and there.

Happy enough with the purchase but the matchmaking is the poor alright, could take 5 minutes to find a game.

Will try tweaking the settings later, remember having to do the same on the PS3.

Also, I downloaded drawn to death last night but it doesn't look like my cup of tea, are any of the others worth downloading?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I played a bit of Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime when it was released on PC and my conclusion was: "this would be great with someone else".

Like Overcooked, it's a clever, engaging local multiplayer idea that simply doesn't translate to single player (although actually I think Overcooked suffers even more in that respect). Destroys the flow of the game when it's just one person holding a controller, even allowing for the effort the developers have gone through trying to fit the square peg in the triangular hole. But you could well have a blast if you can coax somebody else in - just don't bother trying solo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

If I want to play online in split screen mode do I need to pay for two PS+ subscriptions?

i.e. two of us sitting in front of the same PS4 playing online with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

No, if the profile that is signed up for PS+ has that console set as primary then any other profile can play online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

maximoose wrote: »
    No, if the profile that is signed up for PS+ has that console set as primary then any other profile can play online.

It doesnt even need to be the profile in use. Just need there to be a primary one on the console with plus

PS+ May
    PS4: Tales from the Borderlands, Alienation
    PS3: Blood Knights, Port Royale 3
    Vita: Type Rider, Laser Disco Defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I keep hearing how Tales form the Borderlands was the best telltale game to date which I always found a bit mad unless they hadn't layed walking dead season 1, will give that a go at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Tales from the Borderlands is great - the style, music, humour, story I'd agree it's probably Telltales best game overall. One of the least glitchy on their awful engine too from what I can remember.

Advertisement