Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Happy with that month, I'll play the ufc and my wife and daughters will enjoy planet coaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Having games that are on EA Play is just annoying. I'd imagine a fair amount of people are probably subbed to both

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was tempted to get planet coaster a few times, loved Theme Park back in the day.

As someone who only watches 2 sports, one of which is mma, UFC 4 is the biggest pile of shyte. Now, they were aiming it at a casual audience this year so non mma fans might get some fun out of it but as a sim fighting game, is a backwards step from 3 and 2. Actually, you'll probably get more enjoyment out of it if you haven't played the previous games.

I haven't enjoyed a Borderlands since the original so that's Tiny Tina out for me, another bollox of a month. Roll on Spartacus where they'll charge is twice as much but we'll also get to complain about the **** retro PlayStation games they'll add.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

That's pretty cheeky. One thing Plus-ing a game from Now/EA, but takes the p*** if its already been on Plus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭jj880

Am I picking this up right? 1 of the games this month is only part of a game that was on ps plus in 2019? Jaysus.

With the recent Microsoft deal I was expecting a big game this month to settle people down a bit. Maybe it was too soon change the games for February but they need to pull out a good month soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah the Lillith DLC was a new add-on to act as a lead in to Borderlands 3. It was released after The Handsome Collection. It was free for the first month or so, but after that you had to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I still don't understand why people expect amazing games they've never played before each and every month on Plus. Yeah, most people probably have those games, but most people probably have most games on both services. Never got around to playing Tiny Tina, meant to play through BL2 again before playing but stopped at some point. And it's not exactly the same, it has some changes.

And yes, UFC is on EA but when I bought EA Access I didn't automatically assume they would never be on Plus/Now. Same as when a game I already own is on it. And Planet Coaster is grand, it's like a diluted version of Rollercoaster Tycoon with not a lot of content, but for free it's grand.

I'm happy enough with Tiny Tinas game anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well someone was saying elsewhere that it's a busy month for new releases so probably better to not have an interesting Plus month.

Imminent Spartacus announcement due, the wording of the PS+ games has changed from "Available for PlayStation Plus subscribers" to "available this month at no extra cost".

• Advertisement

Could have been. Just something came back on a search. Something small, but these things don't change for no reason!

Games are available now.

Gave Planet Coaster a quick spin (har) and it's a damn delight. Definitely looking forward to getting past the tutorial and getting stuck in. More complex than i remember from my Theme Park days but only to be expected. Using a controller is fiddly as well but great first impression of it.

I was the same when I bought Planet Coaster. It's fun, definitely, and if you're creative you might get more time with it than I did. It is lacking quite a lot of content compared to the base RCT3, limited scenarios/areas and rides, but I still got a good bit of time out of it. Was worth the €40 at least, and if they ever improve it more I'll have it there. It's not RCT, but it's the best you'll get on PS at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

So is planet coaster only for PS5 consoles.. ?i only got the other 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It is. You can add it to your account on the webstore or PS app for if and when you get a PS5.

Had a quick look to get something small while waiting for DL2 tomorrow, and had a look at the Plus games, and specifically Planer Coaster. I see there's a lot more content now, but it's going the Sims route of charging way too much for content to make the game feel full, rather than add on. Will be nice in about a years time to get the Complete edition for twenty quid or so.

Just thinking with next month's games due to be revealed on Wednesday, have there been any more rumours about Spartacus?

None so far.

There is a rumour going around that Sifu will be on Plus next month as it is showing as a Plus game in the history of anyone who has played it. Personally I can't see that happening as it will have been on sale less than a month, if it was going into Plus so soon it would have launched directly into it.

Would also result in everyone looking for a refund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's 99% BS. The rumour is only based off a PS Plus logo appearing beside the game in the library, that's far more likely related to the fact that there was a pre-order discount on the game for PS Plus customers.

No way are they giving away a one month old game and all the hassle that comes with it. If it's not direct-to-Plus, it's coming much later, it at all.

I agree, as I said I can't see it being added so close to launch.

We'll see what is actually available next month on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The consumer confidence damage they would do to themselves including it in PS Plus a month after its release would not be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nah sure the deluxe edition was cheaper with plus that's probably where that came from

On the subject of Sifu, when it gets announced it won't be part of March PS Plus, go and buy it immediately. Instant GOTY contention.

They must be getting better at not leaking stuff. Usually there's a whisper or two at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Next month's games might have been leaked

Team Sonic Racing and Ark Survival Evolved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

That's pretty atrocious if true.

• Advertisement
Advertisement