Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That's a good shout. I got 1 month of PS Now to try it out and was bored of the games after 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Games are live. Good timing as i just watched the episode of IT Crowd last night where they learn soccer phrases to fit in so I'm all sorted. "Did you see that Luuuuudicrous display last night??"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Haven't downloaded the football. Downloaded the other two. Only played 5 mins of each. Will get back to them. So far I'm interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Best place to buy a sub? Cdkeys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

PS Now is essentially going to be PS Plus Extra so I'll go with that - one question and apologies if I've missed someone answering this already but....I have a 12 month subscription to PS Plus and I'm approx 6 months through it, when this new service comes online, do I have an option to pick which version of the new service I want or will I automatically have the Essential option assigned to me?

I know about the conversion chart and all that - just wondering how do you select for subscriptions already underway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You will automatically be put on Essential. You can pay a supplement to go up to a higher tier that is dependant on the amount of remaining time on your subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Downloaded FIFA on my PS4 but it is only showing as a PS4 game instead of PS4 and PS5. Getting PS5 next month (subject to stock) so was hoping to have FIFA on that. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Spooch

You can claim the game for Ps5 through the Playstation Mobile App

• Registered Users Posts: 29,096 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do other cross gen games show both versions on the PS4? I would assume it wouldn't show the PS5 version.

Did you add both versions to your account? I see both appear separately.

I also see from that link that we can also get a FUT pack. Don't think that was there when I added the games to my account on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yup, all cross gen games I have are separate. When i bought Dysmantle last week, I had the option to download the PS4 or PS5 version.

So the first market of Asia excluding Japan was targeted for next week and Japan the following week. So should have an idea of what to expect or how the tiers/conversion really work soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PS4 and PS5 Game Catalog

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium**/Deluxe Plans

We’re focused on adding high quality titles into the PlayStation Plus service for players to enjoy. I’m pleased to share a selection of the content that will be available for PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium/Deluxe plans. PlayStation.com will be updated with the game list when it launches in your region.

PlayStation Studios

• Alienation | Housemarque, PS4
    • Bloodborne | FromSoftware, PS4
    • Concrete Genie | Pixelopus, PS4
    • Days Gone | Bend Studio, PS4
    • Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition | Housemarque, PS4
    • Death Stranding and Death Stranding Director’s Cut | Kojima Productions, PS4/PS5
    • Demon’s Souls | Bluepoint Games, PS5
    • Destruction AllStars | Lucid Games, PS5
    • Everybody’s Golf | Japan Studio, PS4
    • Ghost Of Tsushima Director’s Cut | Sucker Punch, PS4/ PS5
    • God of War | Santa Monica Studio, PS4
    • Gravity Rush 2 | Japan Studio, PS4
    • Gravity Rush Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
    • Horizon Zero Dawn | Guerrilla Games, PS4
    • Infamous First Light | Sucker Punch, PS4
    • Infamous Second Son | Sucker Punch, PS4
    • Knack | Japan Studio, PS4
    • LittleBigPlanet 3 | Sumo Digital, PS4
    • LocoRoco Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
    • LocoRoco 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
    • Marvel’s Spider-Man | Insomniac Games, PS4
    • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales | Insomniac Games, PS4/PS5
    • Matterfall |Housemarque, PS4
    • MediEvil | Other Ocean, PS4
    • Patapon Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
    • Patapon 2 Remastered | Japan Studio, PS4
    • Resogun | Housemarque, PS4
    • Returnal | Housemarque, PS5
    • Shadow of the Colossus | Japan Studio, PS4
    • Tearaway Unfolded |Media Molecule, PS4
    • The Last Guardian | Japan Studio, PS4
    • The Last of Us Remastered | Naughty Dog, PS4
    • The Last of Us: Left Behind | Naughty Dog, PS4
    • Until Dawn | Supermassive Games, PS4
    • Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection |Naughty Dog, PS4
    • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End | Naughty Dog, PS4
    • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | Naughty Dog, PS4
    • WipEout Omega Collection | Clever Beans & Creative Vault Studios, PS4

Third Party-Partners

• Ashen | Annapurna Interactive,PS4
    • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla*** | Ubisoft, PS4/PS5
    • Celeste | Maddy Makes Games, PS4
    • Cities: Skylines | Paradox Interactive, PS4
    • Control: Ultimate Edition | 505 Games, PS4/PS5
    • Dead Cells| Motion Twin, PS4
    • Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition | Square Enix Co. LTD, PS4
    • Hollow Knight | Team Cherry, PS4
    • Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy | Square Enix Co. LTD., PS4/PS5
    • Mortal Kombat 11 | WB Games, PS4/PS5
    • Narutoshippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
    • NBA 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
    • Outer Wilds | Annapurna Interactive, PS4
    • Red Dead Redemption 2 | Rockstar Games, PS4
    • Resident Evil | Capcom Co., Ltd, PS4
    • Soulcalibur VI | Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc., PS4
    • The Artful Escape | Annapurna Interactive, PS4/PS5
    • The Crew 2*** | Ubisoft, PS4

Time-Limited Game Trials

PlayStation Plus Premium**/Deluxe Plan

The time-limited game trial benefit will enable you to try select games before you buy. After downloading a trial of the full game, you can play it for two hours for most games – the playtime counter only counts while you are in the game. It’s a great way to try games before you decide to buy, and any trophies and game save data from the trial period will carry-forward if you purchase the game. Here are some of the titles that will be part of the time-limited game trials.

PlayStation Studios

• Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection | Naughty Dog, PS5
    • Horizon Forbidden West | Guerrilla Games, PS4/PS5

Third Party Partners

• Cyberpunk 2077 | CD Projekt, PS5
    • Farming Simulator 22 | Giants Software GmBH, PS4/PS5
    • Tiny Tina’s Wonderland | 2K Games, PS4/PS5
    • WWE 2K22 | 2K Games, PS4/PS5

Also, players who have previously purchased the digital version of games from the original PlayStation and PSP generation will not have to make a separate purchase or sign up to PlayStation Plus to play these titles on PS4 or PS5. When these titles are released for PS4 and PS5, players can head to PlayStation Store and download a version for the consoles at no extra cost if they already own the digital version of the title. Some of the titles will also be available for individual purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Article mentions Ubisoft + Classics. Wonder what else will be part of that

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Some damn good games on the full list. Really curious to try the PS3 version of Demons' Souls in particular as I loved the remake.

It's a decent initial offering anyway. Will be curious to see how much or how often they add older titles to it.

Strange Valhalla is part of that, being the most recent Assassin's Creed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The big news there is that digital purchases from previous gens will carry over if they’re added to this new service - so PS One or PSP purchases you’ve already made will be available without a subscription (as long as they’re added to the library). Would be a great addition as I have a bunch of games on my old Japanese PSN account I’d love to play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭Penn

At this stage I'd say Ubisoft are happy to give it away to try sell more DLC for it.

I wonder if you can add the monthly games as normal for if you move to the lowest tier in the future.

But it's a decent selection of games.

Now which to play first: Demon's Souls or Knack? 🤔

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,956 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Red Dead Redemption 2. There's fine lookin' wagons in that game.

I'm looking forward to playing Ghost Of Tsushima.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,704 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is there a way to cancel PS Plus without accessing your console? Left my controller at family home and don’t have it here.

PS Plus trying to take out €25 every 2 days from my Revolut, and I don’t want the subscription for now (have no use for it) but can’t access the console to cancel

Also now can’t top up my Revolut because that will be taken out haha

I actually think it’s scummy enough that they do that (and I’m fairly sure I recently read some sort of a bill is going to be brought in to stop things like that happening)

Go to

and sign in.

Click your profile picture and select Subscription Management.

You should be able to turn off auto renew there.

Thanks a mill!

Keep getting this feedback: Your subscription status hasn't changed. Try updating it again in a few moments.

haha

Hopefully it'll just stop eventually anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭jj880

Could always just disable online payments in the revolut app until you get your controller.

Create a temp card number in the mean time if you need to buy anythin online.

Didn't even know that was an option on Revolut! Thank you

It's still frustrating all the same that they kept trying to take money out for 2 weeks now

Also word of advice, if you do buy PS+ again don't go for the €25 3 month subscription, it is far cheaper to buy a 12 month subscription especially if you get it during a 25% off offer(should be one next month during the former E3 window).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭jj880

It is 1 of the main benefits of revolut. Goto Cards, select your card, go to the settings section below the card, then go to security. You can enable / disable anything. If you disable online payments you can top up and use your card for everything else as normal until you get unsubbed from ps plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

Clowns tried to take the money again tonight. Will do the thing ye suggested about disabling debits

Advertisement