Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Notmything

I did, and the games are there, just they don't show up on the ps4 itself tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭jj880

Are you using a PSN account with country set to the USA? There have been problems with unplayable content since the launch of the new PS plus there.

Only other thing I can think of is check the settings section in the PS App and go to Link Console To App just to make sure everything is in order with your console and account sign in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Notmything

Hi, thanks. I might check the location when I get home from work, the console is linked to the app. And I was able to download a game through the app without any issues.

I only installed the app yesterday as it was suggested as a workaround.

Thanks for the help so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,914 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anyone else having a problem with auto-renew for PS subscription services? Not the issue where it would turn itself back on even after you turned it off. I can't even turn it off in the first place. I keep getting a message reading, "Your subscription status hasn't changed. Try updating it again in a few moments." Been like this for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The Playstation website is dire and is as bad as Argos Ireland's site in my opinion. Subscription changes haven't worked in months. Cancel your subscription through the console interface and it will work first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I logged into my US PSN account to browse the new collections. There are actually a LOT of games I want to play on the Extra tier and very very few I want to play on Premium. The quality between Extra and Premium is shocking and Premium is nowhere near worth 120 a year at the moment. I'll definitely be upgrading to Extra until at least August as that's when my regular ps+ sub is due to expire. That will give me a couple of months to see how many games I get through but will probably keep it at Extra for games like which I would have been buying anyway.

One strange thing though, I thought I saw Return to Arkham on a list somewhere but the new collections just have Knight on Essential and Origins on Premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,098 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I can see them adding any day one games to Premium down the line. I think Stray is both tiers but that may change if they notice people going for the lower tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can definitely see that happening. Surprised the likes of Returnal and demons souls aren't only on Premium but can see new stuff going into it to tempt people to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I think the only thing Premium can offer is the timed demos of new games.

Sony were quite specific wrt the tiers, Extra gets you PS4/5 games and Premium adds PS1/2/3/PSP games and PS4/5 remasters of games from those platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The lack of Crash Bash in the Extra tier is just an instant dealbreaker for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I still have to play some of the games that came free with the PlayStation 5. I think this can wait a while.

Just got the "it's nearly time" mail confirming I'll be switched over to the Premium tier on the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Got the mail saying I'll be migrated to the Essential plan. May look to upgrade it to either Extra or Premium depending on the games available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I also got the email upgrading my account - if I stack 2 years of plus now will they upgrade those 2 years to premium as well?

Unfortunately not, Sony have disabled stacking any subscription since April.

My Playstation Plus runs out in August - where are the best sites for PS+ deals? Thanks

Unfortunately there are none. All the keys dried up at the start of the pandemic and nowhere restocked Irish keys.

The only way to get cheaper PS+ is to buy it when it's on offer on PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭jj880

Last good deal I got was 12 months ps plus from smyths November 2021. 40 euro. Maybe we'll see offers after everyone gets moved to new ps plus tiers. Maybe not until black friday tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So tomorrow is the due date for the change as per the email I got. Wonder what time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Not sure what time but probably need to add a number of hours/days until it's working properly.

Would there be any games the US got that we mightn't get or vice versa?

That's what I got from them. Suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Re: different games, I haven't read anything about changes or differences.

Yeah there is an email from April saying 22nd and then one from last week saying the 23rd. I think the transition starts tomorrow and everybody should be moved over by end of Thursday

Yep. The mail sent on 16th June had it's subject as "New Playstation Plus arrives 23 June"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,914 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Just checked my account there because I was due to be charged tomorrow for a month of Plus. But it's now reading 2025 for next renewal date...

Just looked at mine on the website and noticed the date is US format. Anyone know how to get it to the correct format? Seeing 11/02 as Plus expiry date, I naturally assumed 11th February then saw Now date as 10/30/2023.

I either didn't get or completely disregarded the second email. Ah well.

New ps plus is now live. I've premium until May next year, same date from previous sub. Ps now still showing expiring April 2023

• Advertisement

Just see it ow myself. Premium until Plus would have renewed next Mayfor €120. Grand. Now is still showing as due to renew next year too at the normal €60. EA is set to cancel in August. Not sure if that's when it was due to renew, but I don't remember cancelling it. Am I remembering right that it's becoming part of PS+ or have I stumbled onto something?

Sertious catalogue of games, me sorted for a while me thinks!

For now, it doesn't seem to be active on the PS5 store. You can click into the banner, but it brings to the page if yesterday. But worked on the App anyway. NBA 2K22 and Returnal downloading.

Post edited by Potential-Monke on

Advertisement