Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’d say Horizon will be Extra, Premium is usually only reserved for remakes and classics.

It might even be on Essential though. They’ll want to get as many eyes on HFW as possible too with the new VR kit dropping soon, which happens to feature a new Horizon game. Sony are wise enough, anytime they give something decent on Plus, there’s always a link somewhere to a new software or hardware release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

RE7 is in the plus collection for PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Games confirmed now. Several others too, including Forgotten City (an absolute gem) and the fairly recent The Quarry. Also some flight sim Ace Combat 7, not sure if that's any good or not.

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/02/15/playstation-plus-game-catalog-lineup-for-february-horizon-forbidden-west-the-quarry-resident-evil-7-biohazard-and-more/?sf264277826=1&sf264277978=1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Resident Evil 7 is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh my God, The Forgotten City, ye absolute lucky bastards who haven't played that yet! Also, the Quarry is excellent, I had such a great time with that but missed the good ending so will give it another go. Ace Combat 7, name rings a bell....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The Forgotten City is absolutely terrific. I went in blind knowing pretty much nothing about it bar watching one trailer, but it completely hooked me in. Such an amazing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Stray was only available through Premium as well, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It's supposed to be PS4/PS5 games on Extra and classic games/PS4/5 remasters/remakes of classic games on Premium.

Yeah just googled and see now it was on Extra. Dunno why I thought it was Premium only.

I just got Forbidden West a couple weeks ago but doesn't bother me. This way I can just download the digital version.

Quick question about it, but any word on if the DLC is post game content or is it like The Frozen wilds, taking place during the main game?

• Advertisement

Ah so can go ahead and play through it and pick the DLC up at a later point. I played the complete edition of the first one so the DLC was included and preferred being able to play it before finishing the game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The whole of twitter is having a massive love in for Legend of Dragoon coming to the service and I have to wonder where this reaction comes from. It's one of the worst RPGs to release on the PS1.

I mean Ace Combat 7 and Forgotten City are there but nope, lets all celebrate a waste of 4 CDs coming to the subscription service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

On the stinker scale from 1 to 10, please rate the Legend of Dragoon 😃

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll give it a 9 on the stinker scale.

The menstruation based magical attacks save it from a 10.

Ah there are strange tastes around. Like those people who champion games like Ace Combat 7. Clearly not right in the head.

I saw a rumour about the next Metro game and even though I didn't enjoy the first 2, the 3rd intrigued so I looked up Exodus on Extra to see if it was on it. Sure enough it was but just find out it's leaving next week askingt with the games below. Play these while you can if they were on your list.

• Metro: Exodus
    • Saints Row: The Third Remastered
    • Rad Rodger
    • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – Definitive Edition
    • Pure Farming
    • Sparkle Unleashed
    • Agatha Christie – The ABC Murders
    • The Turing Test
    • The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
    • Skydrift Infinity
    • Sine Mora EX
    • Whispering Willows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I really enjoyed Metro Exodus, you should give it a whirl. It felt like i was playing a more refined version of Fallout 3/4, but just not on as big of a scale/open. Defo recommend anybody who likes fps shooters with a good story to jump in..

Also, these games leaving next week in your list, if i add them to library, do i get to keep them forever?

If thats the case, am i better off adding every single game to the library? 🤔

I'm thinking no, thats too good to be true and it probably just works like how the xbox game pass works 🤔

The extra tier just works like game pass

The Extra games can leave the library, you can't add them like Essential games to keep playing them unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Yea I went back to play assassins creed Valhalla, and as it was pulled Dec (I think), wasn’t able to play it 🙁

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Is there anywhere that lists the games that are due to leave in any given month? I wanted to play Metro Exodus but I won't get it finished before Tuesday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Metro exodus seemed to completely banjax my machine. Numerous freezes, glitches etc. I think I had to completely wipe the system to get it to settle down.

Not sure about online lists but on the playstation, go to PS Plus and scroll down until you see 'Last chance to play' section and it will show you the dates they expire.

Some dude on Reddit has a list. Can't guarantee it 100% but handy starting point

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/19RorxFhWc2lHocg4c9zrVssSwZq1u2nPcpTsAvzdJQw/htmlview

Is Forgotten City like The Return of the Obra Dinn in its investigations? I'll admit I wasn't great at Obra Dinn and only identified some. So I wouldn't mind Forgotten City being a bit easier.

Easier than Obra Dinn, much more accessible. Some tricky parts to it but awesome to watch the story unfold through your conversations. Well worth a play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's a lot less involved than Obra Dinn - it doesn't constantly flash a giant objective marker on-screen at all times or anything, but it's a lot more direct with telling you what you need to do at any given time. Some reasoning is required and you'll be doing some mental mapping of who everyone is and where they are at any given moment, but not as intensive as Obra Dinn or Outer Wilds.

It's a lot shorter than either of those games too - can easily be finished in an afternoon (around 4 hours if I recall correctly).

Cool. Will try it since I've heard good things.

• Advertisement

Latest batch of Premium/Extra games available to download now

Advertisement