Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭jj880

Excellent. Have been playing Grid Legends on a 1 euro EA Play month trial and was gona renew to keep it. No need now.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Class, I wanted to play Grid Legends for ages but never pulled the trigger. Descenders was on my radar as well so happy with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

I think Descenders is already on Extra as my son has been playing loads of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Grid Legends is very good. Maybe we can have some multiplayer races with it sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Looking forward to Legends, nearly pulled the trigger a few times. Chivalry 2 is a good laugh, but I'd imagine a new person to it may get frustrated with how easily they die vs lads playing it for ages going on kill streaks! Still a great laugh and always something random/funny happening. Descenders will get a look too, I can't hack the way Riders Republic is set up, so hopefully this will be less... in your face with annoying characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Played the trial or beta of Chivalry 2 some time ago when it was out and it was a great laugh. Definitely the type of game that gets a million times better when played with mates though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ah Descenders is a different game to Riders Republic.

You play the first track and it'll have a random bonus objective (this is on all tracks, but will be different each time you play).

Once you complete it, you pick your path to the next level and it might be flatter or hillier or have more jumps to stunt on, in a branching tree, kinda like FTL if you ever played that or roguelike I think is the genre. You can play each track in the branch if you like or move on. There might be boss levels too, which I won't spoil :)

After you clear an area, the next area will be a harder difficulty and different landscape.

It's pretty fun and challenging :)

Already sounds better! RR could be good if they'd just let you play the game.

Yeah at the start they very much want you to do certain activities, holding your hand, but it does open up then to the full map and there's too much choice i found and stopped playing haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Plus Games are available now.

Descenders is quick fun, need a proper go off it. GRID....hasn't grabbed me yet. Skipped the cutscenes so far and just has me driving super cars, hoping to get into basics of a racing career game but maybe this isn't it. Playing it makes me wish I was playing Gran Tursimo.

There is a career mode in Grid Legends. You can race Renault Clio cars like we did when we raced online in GT7.

I saw play the current season or the season leading up to the crash, maybe that's the story mode and current season is more like a race career?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Haven't played the full install of grid, but from what I experienced, it's very arcady and 'soft' when it comes to the feedback and feel through my wheel. I'll give it a full go later but from what I experienced it's not even close to GT7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Descenders was not for me. Flips on a bike is not my thing. Deleted it after an hour of trying.

Grid felt very arcadey and forgiving but bloody hell it’s addictive. 3 hours disappeared away very quickly and I didn’t play a single cut scene.

Haven’t tried Chivalry yet.

For Grid, which mode are you playing? Do you eventually get to choose a car and build it up or just constantly thrown into random races?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Just playing against the AI for now in career mode. Random changes of cars. Haven't tried any other mode yet.

Reminder to PS5 owners to add the 19 PS Plus Collection games to library before they are made unavailable in a weeks time. Available in the PS Plus section on console only:

Batman: Arkham Knight

Battlefield 1

Bloodborne

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Zombie Chronicles Edition)

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Days Gone

Detroit: Become Human

Fallout 4

Final Fantasy 15

God of War

Infamous Second Son

Monster Hunter World

Mortal Kombat X

Ratchet and Clank

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

The Last Guardian

The Last of Us Remastered

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Until Dawn

Descenders is mad. A rouguelike bike game. Takes a bit of getting used to, but slowly getting better. It's hard trying not to go too high so that you can't land, I'm assuming you unlock better bikes? I'll give it another few go's, can get to the second area but lose soon after. It works though. Not as smooth/refined as Riders Republic, but at least this lets you get in and out of a game quick with no in you face annoying characters and constant unskippable icon unlocks.

Will give Grid a go at some point. I enjoyed the first couple of them, the last soft reboot one not so much. I liked it was arcadey to a degree. Sim is grand and all, but arcade is more exciting imo. Pining for a Burnout or Twisted Metal game lately... Might reinstall Chivalry 2 again, see how it had come along.

• Advertisement

+1 on a new Burnout. Burnout 3 Takedown still one of my favourite games ever. Was completely addicted.

Thanks JJ

I only have 18 games show in that collection!

I'm missing Uncharted 4 weirdly.

Anyone else the same or know why this is? :)

It doesn't even show up as a title in the store when I search for it!

It does show up under a PS5 bundle called Legacy of Thieves Collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Click the 3 dots on the store page for Legacy Collection and the PS+ download should be listed. Not sure if this works but that's what I've found online.

OKay, so it says In Library now, I'm going to assume I'm good, thanks 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Yes. We spent many drunk hours playing Burnout 2 and 3 back in the day. Burnout Paradise City, while good, wasn't as good.

Seeing that Grid Legends is free with PS Plus at the moment, I setup a thread here if you want to discuss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog - Available Tuesday, May 16.

• Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart | PS5
    • Humanity | PS4, PS5
    • Watch Dogs: Legion | PS4, PS5
    • Dishonored 2 | PS4
    • Dishonored: Death of the Outsider | PS4
    • Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin | PS4
    • Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition | PS4
    • Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration | PS4
    • Shadow of the Tomb Raider | PS4
    • Bus Simulator 21: Next Stop | PS4, PS5
    • The Evil Within 2 | PS4
    • Wolfenstein: Youngblood | PS4
    • Thymesia | PS5
    • Rain World | PS4
    • Lake | PS4, PS5
    • Conan Exiles | PS4
    • Rune Factory 4 Special | PS4
    • Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town* | PS4
    • Soundfall | PS4, PS5

PlayStation Premium | Classics

• Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow | PS4, PS5
    • Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light | PS4, PS5
    • Pursuit Force | PS4, PS5
    • Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered | PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Amazing month, really looking forward to Rift Apart and to a lesser extent, Watchdogs.

Excellent! Can't wait to play Humanity and I've nearly bought Lake so many times. Will be great to try Rift Apart as well but I've never been into ratchet and clank.

• Advertisement

Bus Simulator 21. Lovely stuff.

Advertisement