Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Oh it’s different to the original? I though it might have been some later release of the same game with additional content

Edit: I see the definitive edition of DI is included on plus. I might give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'll work off the pretence that this is a quiet enough month before they announce the big December games for Christmas. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

To be fair, I just watched that trailer and it is incredibly good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Dead Island and DI Riptide I absolutely loved, just a huge amount of zombie bashing fun and some of the weapon builds are outrageous. Probably looks a wee bit dated now but still immensely enjoyable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ah Dragon's Dogma isn't bargain bin stuff, not by a long shot - it's one of the best action RPGs there is imo. Sequel is due out next year I think too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dead Island gave me chronic headaches after about 10 minutes of playing it so I never went back to it.

One of the Wolfenstein games was the same so I've never managed to play either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Good shout. Actually already have that in my library so wasn't in my head when commenting. Really must give it a shot soon before the sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Latest Extra/Premium games are now available. Meanwhile, the following are all leaving the service next month:

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Caladrius Blaze, Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo HD Edition, El Hijo: A Wild West Tale, Foreclosed, Friday the 13th: The Game, Legends of Ethernal, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, and The Escapists 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Anyone playing Teardown. Interesting game but I'm getting very bad motion sickness after about half hour of playing. Unfinished Swan did the same to me many moons ago but I got to the end of that with lots of breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm having a blast.... with Teardown. Not sure how far in I am, but I'm not moving on until I've got all objectives on each level. It's a heist game at heart, with the odd total destruction levels, a race or two, couple of set pieces... it's just great fun planning out a path and seeing it all come to fruition. I've levels finished with 0.1 and 0.0 seconds left. Some seem impossible until you work it out. And that's just the campaign, there's loads of challenges you unlock as you go too. Tools are bought with money from stuff you find/rob, but if you want to jump straight into the fun you can enable everything from the options.

For free, it's excellent value. Don't get the motion sickeness you're speaking of though. Are you playing in graphic or performance modes? Try changing that, see if it makes any difference.

• Advertisement

@Potential-Monke noticed the performance Vs graphic mode. And the Hz rate also. I'll try adjust those and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Aye really enjoying teardown 👍 the art heist was a bit of a difficulty spike mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Hi all, quick question

I am currently on PSPlus Premium and it is expiring at end of Nov. I have a discount to renew for another year (103 euro) but wanted to see the price to move down to PSPlus Extra but the site isn't giving me the price for this tier for one year....does anyone know what it is? Would there be any discount on this for black friday for someone downgrading their account?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You can't downgrade your account unfortunately. The only way to effectively downgrade is to let it expire and resub at the lower tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭tigger123

I got a PS5 a few weeks ago and signed up for PS Plus Extra (the mid tier). I'm really impressed by the value for money and selection of games.

I'm currently playing and loving the first Spiderman game, and have Assassins Creed Origins and Far Cry 6 lined up.

Is there anything else there people would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You're best off renewing if you're getting the offer, full price of Extra is €125 and the offers will expire after Monday iirc.

Astros Playroom is a necessity. Then in any order (and unsure if they're all on PS+): God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Returnal, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Horizon Zero Dawn then Forbidden West, Ghost of Tsushima, Control... That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now that may be on PS+.

Buy yourself a external USB SSD. Put the PS4 games on that and play a huge selection on PS+. Saves you deleting some for space. Death Stranding is also up there which is a love or hate game. Deus Ex, Detroit become Human, Batman Arkan Knight, tom Clancy's division, second son, and some nice indy games like Thomas was Alone, Far, Valient Hearts, Wolfenstein.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

@tigger123 - along with the games already listed above, Demon’s Souls is also available on Extra. Even if you’ve played the original, the remake is brilliant - it looks stunning and plays great. If you’re not familiar with the soulsborne games then it’s the perfect place to start, it’s more forgiving than other titles in the series too imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭tigger123

Cheers for all the recommendations!

I do have a 500g external hard drive as it happens; why would I put the ps4 games on to that drive (as opposed to the internal drive) ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭jj880

To make room for your PS5 games as they can only be installed on the high speed internal drive.

Just finished the campaign in Teardown, the last few missions were initially extremely daunting but got there in the end. For anyone playing it, there's a free mod dlc with a good chunk of stuff on the store. Might give the challenges a go, but aside from a bit of fecking about on the new maps, I think I'm done with it. Great little game, may come back to it eventually and get the season pass once everything is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Another mediocre month for PS+, really earning that price increase with these "high-quality" games.

Will give 2k Drive a go, was never a hope I was buying it because **** 2k, but it'll be nice to experience some good gameplay before the MTs ruin everything.

Powerwash Sim is strangelt addictive...

Never heard of Sable. Another meh month indeed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That's the kind of month I like to see TBH! No interest in Lego Drive, but Sable is IMO well worth a try - a really interesting take on an open world, with gorgeous art and music, albeit a few rough edges gameplay-wise. Also while I'm generally not interested in sim games, I've heard plenty of people swear by Power Wash Simulator as a stress-relieving game - not something I'd buy, but one I'll try when it's bundled with a subscription 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

**** 2K, i sigh at the thought of power washing my own car, let alone a virtual one but willing to give it a go and i haven't heard of Sable but I'm a sucker for a good indie. Three fact they have 2K drive front and center is a big bag of shyte though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Wait until you play ‘Loading Dishwasher Simulator.’ Ultimate edition is only €119.99

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can only assume you're messing but I can't be fully sure 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭jj880

My wife could get me with Power Wash Simulator for Christmas as it never gets done. Loading Dishwasher Simulator would be just the ticket for her as she loads it like an airport baggage handler. No need for Romance Simulator in our house! 😂

Advertisement