Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

10 or 12 I really loved and put well over 100 hours into each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

They are pretty much all self contained unless obviously called out in the title, i.e. there is Final Fantasy 10 and Final Fantasy 10-2 which is a sequel.

If you're looking for somewhat modern, only one mainline final fantasy entry has appeared on each of the last 3 playstation consoles; ff13 on the ps3, ff15 on the ps4 and ff16 on the ps5. (FF14 is an MMO you can get on playstation alright but while it's certainly one of the most popular MMOs out there, I'd usually place it outside of the standard FF games.

If you want something fairly linear, go with ff13 or ff16. ff15 really gives you a huge amount of freedom from the get-go which in my mind is great, but that one sort of falls apart at the end. I believe the royal edition cleans this up a fair bit, but I haven't played it yet.

FF16 is not a bad introduction to the series but does miss one of the real highlights of the series which would be party management.

This, in my mind, is done far better with FF7 Remake, but be warned, the story is a bit out there as it sort of assumes you've played the original to get all the nuances but is certainly something that could be played in isolation.

If I was going to recommend one, with no caveats, it'd be FF9 which is originally from PS1 era but has a re-release. Feels the most authentic. But if you don't want to go retro, go ff7 remake.

Thats just my personal opinion though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,988 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

We were going to get our son 12 month Playstation Plus membership for €70 just before Christmas, but today I was in Lidl and they have gift cards with 12 month membership for €59.99. Any catch? Would this have all the benefits of the usual €70 price?

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭jj880

Any expiry date on gift card?

Worth a shot. If theres any messing lidl usually have no issues refunding stuff.

He's not getting the console until Christmas Day so we want to activate it as late as possible. You scratch it off to get an activation code. Didn't see if there was an expiry date on it but sure it's only a week to go now...

BTW the price €59.99 is printed on the card, it's not Lidl discounting a higher priced card.

The Roman Catholic Church is beyond despicable, it laughs at us as we pay for its crimes. It cares not a jot for the lives it has ruined.

• Advertisement

Maybe others do but I would never think of Lidl for gaming credit so was thinking check the expiry dates as they might have been sitting in Lidl for a long time. If in date then I see no reason why the codes wouldn't be honoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pretty sure it will only give you €60 credit and not a 12 month sub. The cards afaik are the activate at till cards that only become active once paid for.

Ah ok. I thought it was a smyths ps plus code type deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Just curious - are you sure the card says 12 month membership to PS+ or it mentions PS+ and shows a monetary value? As @sniper_samurai says above, I doubt you're getting a 12 month sub for €60? Unless maybe it's for the basic Essential tier (which is normally €71.99).

I'd say it's a monitary card. Sony removed PS+ subscription cards from PoS codes and the activate at till cards last year with the addition of the two higher tiers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭tigger123

Am I right in saying that GTA V is going to be available on the mid tier PS Plus subscritption from December 19th? I seem to be reading that, but it's not available when I go into the PS Store ...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭tigger123

Thank you!

I'd swear the PS Plsu platfrom deliberately makes it difficult to get to the stuff you want (and have already paid for).

Went back to Lidl today, the card wouldn't scan on the checkout at all (tried a few of them). I didn't see an expiry date on it but there could have been one.

The card definitely said Playstation Plus 12 Month Subscription on it and the €59.99 price was printed on the card also (and Irish flag)

Probably leftovers from the old system which weren't supposed to be put out on sale again.

We'll just buy the Essentials subscription online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

For a plague tale alone that's a great month. I've been looking forward to playing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Happy to play all those games. That's a great line up

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I tried the first plague tale but couldn't get into it. I don't think i tried too hard but feel like the sequel will be a pass from me as well. No interest in evil west and never heard of nobody saves the world. Shyte month for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Evil West, when I played it, felt like it wasn't finished. Haven't played the first Plague Tale, but I did give Nobody a go on Xbox and remember thinking ill play more of it when it comes to PS, so happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I really enjoyed the first Plague Tale so it’s nice to see the sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I came very close to buying Plague Tale sequel a few weeks ago, delighted to see that on here. First month in ages with something playable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I've held off buying new games because I was sick of seeing them pop up on ps plus a few months later

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

A plagues tale was very good, I did try to play the sequel on Xbox gamepass but it was very slow going. Will give it another go.

Started Evil West tonight. It's a bit of fun but not sure I'll stick with it. Bizarrely it is co-op but the person that plays with you doesn't progress their story or character. Why would they do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭cannco253

My son's plus subscription automatically renewed on 1/1/24 but he no longer wants it. He has now cancelled it and is looking for a refund.

I've tried online chat with sony but always get the "we are extremely busy" line and it disconnects. Have tried multiple times to call but just rings out and disconnects after 15/20 minutes. I've also sent an email to "support@ie.playstation.com" and am waiting for a response.

What's the best way to get the refund for this and is there a 14 day "cooling off" period upon payment?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I think I emailed them and they responded after a few days with a full refund. It did help that they had taken the money despite the auto-renew being switched off, which they blatantly ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just under half way through Evil West. It's a very solid 7/10 game. I got frustrated with the combat so I stuck it on story mode and I'm enjoying it a lot now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Same, I got frustrated pretty early on and had to lower the difficulty

I was wondering why at the start the primary controls were R1, X and clicking the Right Stick and thought it made no sense.

Then they kept adding new weapons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭cannco253

Got a response from Sony this morning, didn't realise that the cooling off period does not apply to subsequent recurring payments.

"I can see that your next membership payment has only just been taken, so on this occasion, I’m happy to say I’ve cancelled it and refunded the charge back to your payment method as a gesture of goodwill. You’ll receive the money within 5 business days, depending on your payment method issuer. 

Our cancellation policy provides a 14 day “cooling-off period” on the initial purchase from the start of your subscription, which allows you to evaluate the service and to cancel and obtain a refund within this period. Although, the cooling off period does not apply to subsequent recurring payments. "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PS Extra:

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands – Next-Level Edition | PS4, PS5

Resident Evil 2 | PS4, PS5

Hardspace: Shipbreaker | PS5

LEGO City Undercover | PS4

Just Cause 3 | PS4

Session: Skate Sim | PS4, PS5

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun | PS4

Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong | PS4, PS5

Surviving the Aftermath | PS4

PS Premium:

Rally Cross | PS4, PS5

Star Wars: Episode 1 The Phantom Menace | PS4, PS5

Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection | PS4

Legend of Mana | PS4

Secret of Mana | PS4

• Advertisement

Looks like the promised "select" Crunchyroll titles will be available in the Core app for Premium subscribers.

Advertisement