Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

is the Batman Telltale game any good?

The only one of them I played was Tales from Bordelands (also on Plus) was ok but more like watching a TV show then playing a game. I went back and looked at the "alternative choices" video on youtube and was a bit pathetic the choices didn't really affect anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Games are live now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Games are live now.

Psycho-Pass still showing up at E13 in basket though.
    Be careful before clicking "buy".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

F1ngers wrote: »
    Psycho-Pass still showing up at E13 in basket though.
    Be careful before clicking "buy".

It comes up with choose a version atm, one is to get it on plus, the other is to buy the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Have to laugh at the €69.99 price on the PS Store for Deus Ex, physical copies can be bought for €5.99 in Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

When will the hipster pixel art end? Games can look nice now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Morshlac wrote: »
    is the Batman Telltale game any good?

The only one of them I played was Tales from Bordelands (also on Plus) was ok but more like watching a TV show then playing a game. I went back and looked at the "alternative choices" video on youtube and was a bit pathetic the choices didn't really affect anything..

They're all the same, immersive interactive TV-show-type experiences. I got really engrossed in the Game of Thrones one before realising halfway through that none of the choices change anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A Neurotic wrote: »
    They're all the same, immersive interactive TV-show-type experiences. I got really engrossed in the Game of Thrones one before realising halfway through that none of the choices change anything.

In fairness, Game of Thrones was by far the worst offender for that. The others, while they're always obviously leading you to the same general conclusion, at least offer a bit more variety in how your choices lead you there.

The Batman one is alright. It's a decent enough story with a bit of variety in the gameplay. Its a decent enough play, especially free.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

van_beano wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the €69.99 price on the PS Store for Deus Ex, physical copies can be bought for €5.99 in Argos.

some of the digital prices are nonsense. I started playing the division again a month or so ago. Disc wasn't working initially and looked at getting it digitally and the price in the store was €50+ just for the base game.

I'm sure they're at least €80 used in Gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Anyone know do you not get a free trial for this anymore with a new ps account? my brother wanted to set up an account on my playstation, but he said when it was completed he got no option for a free trial. Is this because he is using my console?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sugarman wrote: »
    Why the **** cant the games just not be automatically added to your account every month without having to go through the checkout process?

Thats the 3rd time in last few months I forgot to add the games and missed out on them, yet subbed up until 2020! :mad:
    or worse when the store page says "download" instead of "add to library" there's very few ps plus games I actually download right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

gimli2112 wrote: »
    some of the digital prices are nonsense. I started playing the division again a month or so ago. Disc wasn't working initially and looked at getting it digitally and the price in the store was €50+ just for the base game.

Currently €15, digital store don't need to worry about stock nor price things to move and they seem to find that constant sales do better for sales than outright price reductions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

or worse when the store page says "download" instead of "add to library" there's very few ps plus games I actually download right away.

Just use the web store, only way to see everything and doesn't force a download.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm nearly half way through the 4th episode of the Batman Telltale game.

IMO, its much better than their Game of Thrones offering without more content and its kept me more engaged in whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm nearly half way through the 4th episode of the Batman Telltale game.

IMO, its much better than their Game of Thrones offering without more content and its kept me more engaged in whats going on.

i finished season 1, never bothered with season 2. Can't be arsed spending more money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

i finished season 1, never bothered with season 2. Can't be arsed spending more money on it.

Ya, I only played it because it was free on PSN.

I cant see myself buying Season 2 at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

ERG89 wrote: »

I've only just re-installed Dark Souls 2 onto my PS4 for a new run through. I've not got the platinum for it and the hunt will keep me busy until the DS re-master in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was just gonna get DS2 this weekend too. Tenner saved at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is FC4 playable totally in Co-op?

If so i wouldnt mind trying it with a friend.

Never tried a Dark Souls game so id welcome the chance to try DS2.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is FC4 playable totally in Co-op?

If so i wouldnt mind trying it with a friend.

Never tried a Dark Souls game so id welcome the chance to try DS2.

Not totally, but there are a few missions to do. It's a decent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Way too good to be true. And I just bought dark souls 2 in the sale, well with a tenner anyway. Had some free time last night, felt like playing something nice and breazy, ended up going back to dark souls even though I wasn't getting my arse kicked all over huntsman copse last time I had it on. It's a strange addictive misery.

This has to be a reaction to the XBOX subscription announcement. A kick up the arse for PS+

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Does sound a little unbelieveable in fairness,hopefully were plesantly surprised though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Bought Dark Souls during the sale and was planning to buy Far Cry next week with the cash left on my account so i would happy out with this but yeah, looks too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Why the hell is 'That's You' included every month?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dark Souls 2 is on sale right now so it was never going to be included

• Advertisement

So, Gone Home and some 8 bit hipster ****e confirmed.

Advertisement