Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Console is over 3 years old and these are the best titles they can spring for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

My hopes were up after reading about FC4 and Dark Souls but they're both on sale so it was never going to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I for one am happy to get Knack, purely so I can stop looking forward to getting it every month on Plus.

Next month:KILLZONE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Grand Kingdom is a very good tactical RPG, you could easily put 50 hours into with, should be cross buy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Xenji wrote: »
    Grand Kingdom is a very good tactical RPG, you could easily put 50 hours into with, should be cross buy as well.

It is, it's listed as PsVita/PS4

Xenji wrote: »

Might have a pop off that. Bloodborne is eating up my game time though

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Next month:KILLZONE!

Got it when it was accidentally 99 cent. But if they were to give us The Order 1886, I would take it

I got it on launch. Hit a level breaking glitch half way through and traded it in.
    Order 1886 I'd be all over. Buddy got it at launch and said it would've been fantastic if it was a discount title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Knack could be the new "That's You!" which they gave away more free copies in as many ways possible that you'd have to try hard not to get one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rime is a very nice inclusion TBH, for a mid-budget title that’s not even out a year.

Well worth a playthrough. I liked it, albeit with reservations: I think it wants to be up there with the likes of Team Ico’s output, but can’t reach those admittedly extraordinarily lofty heights. That said, it is a very lovely game (dem skyboxes!) made with obvious passion, and there are stretches of very confident design and storytelling, particularly in the second half of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

People always complain about the PS4 games but never about the PS3 and Vita games, especially when the PS3 has a larger catalogue to choose from. I guess Sony don't really try too hard to get games for the other platforms now. Some would say they don't try too hard for the PS4 either. :)
    I've a huge backlog so no complaints here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

really surprised and delighted they went with Rime, especially after it just getting released very recently on the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Two ****e games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

At least we won't have calls for Knack to be included anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I can't wait for Knack II in November 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

So when do these actually get added for you to download? Both are appearing with prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

So when do these actually get added for you to download? Both are appearing with prices.

First Tuesday of the month usually!
    In this case, Feb 6th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

They will be free on Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

The PS Plus Games have been lacking a little bit for the past few months , a lot of arcade games which is ok but at the same time Microsoft are giving fairly decent games over the past while.

The January Sales weren't even that good think they could really look at what people are asking for , for their money .

A few Re-mastered ps2 or ps3 games would be awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The PS Plus Games have been lacking a little bit for the past few months , a lot of arcade games which is ok but at the same time Microsoft are giving fairly decent games over the past while.

The January Sales weren't even that good think they could really look at what people are asking for , for their money .

I think there's been a pretty decent mix of games on the PS4 since the summer - definitely on an equal footing with the Xbox One games. Unless you're into JRPGs and visual novels, there's slim pickings on the Vita front and at this stage, they should just jettison the PS3 because the games have been absolute muck.

In terms of the January Sales, I had picked up so many games that I tried my best to stay away from them but I still ended up picking up 8-10 games to add to my shameful backlog.

Is Xbox really impressing considering that last months big game was one that was free on PS+ ages ago. Looking back over the past year and PS+ games were much better than Xbox offered, just a shame that Sony seem aren't offering up better PS3 and Vita content.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

don't care for knack but Rime is a great little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Given the quality (or lack there of) of the PS3 and Vita PS+ titles over the past couple of years, I think Sony could do with rethinking their model.

I don't think anyone would really miss the last gen and Vita offerings if they dropped them from their subscription service, and if their omission meant the quality of the "free" PS4 games were boosted as opposed to the quantity of games being increased, I believe the service will be deemed even more worthwhile for the customer base.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Asia got Evolve, Mighty No.9 and Grand Kingdom. They got Knack already for PS Plus back in December

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Two ****e games

Have you played Rime?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Have you played Rime?

By the looks of it if you have played any number of other 'narritive based games with minimal gamplay and only semi easy puzzles to solve' you might as well have.

Do you have to play every game before you can have an opinion on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Asia got Evolve, Mighty No.9 and Grand Kingdom. They got Knack already for PS Plus back in December
    We're getting Grand Kingdom this month as well. To be honest Mighty No. 9 is a bland and disappointing game, I'd prefer RiME to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Mighty No.9 is nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be. I can promise you 90% of people complaining about it haven't played it. Gamers are notorious bandwagon jumpers, they latch on to an someone's opinion and parrot it from then on. The game isn't great, but it's not bad either.

Advertisement