Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Since PlayStation are removing games and not adding any additional games they should consider a price reduction to account for the devalued offering.

Jesus, we get it already, you can stop flogging the dead horse…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Jesus, we get it already, you can stop flogging the dead horse…
    Sorry I offended you.

I am trying to have a discussion and read peoples thoughts/opinions and respond accordingly.

Whats your opinion on the topic?

Should they reduce the price of PSN+ to reflect the diminished value?

Should they an additional PS4 title to make up for the shortful?

Should they do a 180 and bring the PS3 & Vita titles back?

Sorry I offended you.

I am trying to have a discussion and read peoples thoughts/opinions and respond accordingly.

You're not offending me, I'm just finding these posts tedious. I had given my opinion on it three posts back. It would seem you're not actually reading the thread…

You're just doing your usual anti Sony thing. You have no idea if there is going to be less value given that you have no idea what they are going to do come March 2018. It's tiresome, you go around in circles crying about how evil Sony, no one cares.

I'm out of this sad conversation, if it was discussion you wanted then fine but its not, all you want to do is push your "OMG MS are amazing" agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You're just doing your usual anti Sony thing. You have no idea if there is going to be less value given that you have no idea what they are going to do come March 2018. It's tiresome, you go around in circles crying about how evil Sony, no one cares.

I'm out of this sad conversation, if it was discussion you wanted then fine but its not, all you want to do is push your "OMG MS are amazing" agenda.

Can't imagine Sony dropping the price of plus when it was only increased by a tenner a couple of months back, that doesn't make any sense...

Should MS bump up the price for their gold offering for the times when there are more 360 titles being handed out as backwards compatible full "one" games and therefore added to the One library?

I don't think they should tbh..

Same with Nintendo, will I whinge when the Switch free games are games I owned 20 years ago on the Super Nintendo?

No - because if I need to play games online on that console, I will have to cough up for multiplayer access...

Same goes when the One gets a few decent exclusives that interest me, I'm going to have to cough up for a gold account if I want to play them online...

I am not going to go crying about a whopping 10 euro a year, I spend usually that on munchies in the shop for a night of gaming... :)

I don't have a PS3 anymore and my 360 is under the stairs, I don't care for older titles personally...

If I didn't want to be paying to play games online I'd be a PC gamer naturally...

This faux outrage over the removal of games that most likely no one will be playing anyway as they have upgraded console is just sad...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Sorry I offended you.

You're a gas man :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: OK, have unfortunately had to issue an infraction as some posters seem intent on dragging the thread down the same path again and again. So please consider this a full stop for this particular train of discussion unless anybody has anything genuinely productive or new to add. Thanks.

Lets look at this months PSN+ offering.

Bloodbourne (PS4)
    Racket and Clank (PS4)
    Mighty no.9 - made by the creator of megaman (PS4/PS3)
    The legend of Clay anniversary (PS3)
    Claire: Extended Cut (PS Vita and PS4)
    Bombing Busters (PS Vita and PS4)

Thats 5 games playable on PS4.

If we apply what will happen starting March 2019 we can see the diminished value very clearly.

5 games playable on PS4 become just 2.

Bloodbourne (PS4)
    Racket and Clank (PS4)
    Mighty no.9 - made by the creator of megaman (PS4/PS3)
    The legend of Clay anniversary (PS3)
    Claire: Extended Cut (PS Vita and PS4)
    Bombing Busters (PS Vita and PS4)

Its my last post on the matter since everyone wants to silence my opinion and not have a productive conversion about the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Nobody wants to silenece your opinion,most just dont care about it.

Its so obvious at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

I was under the impression that when they remove the ps4 and vita games they will be replaced with ps4 games. Is that wrong?

There are plenty of small titles on ps4 that can easily fill the gaps.

• Advertisement

Morpork wrote: »
    I was under the impression that when they remove the ps4 and vita games they will be replaced with ps4 games. Is that wrong?

There are plenty of small titles on ps4 that can easily fill the gaps.

Playstation have said there will be no additional PS4 titles added to PSN+

It will just be 2 PS4 games per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Do you own a PS4?

Playstation have said there will be no additional PS4 titles added to PSN+

It will just be 2 PS4 games per month.

Can I get a link to the source please?

Do you own a PS4?

Not at the moment.

I did own one until I sold it finance an extra graphics card for my gaming PC. I am not using the PC as much as I thought I would be so I'll be selling a graphics card to pick up a PS4 Pro.

I have been waiting patiently for Detroit become human to launch before I buy the Pro. I am a huge Fahrenheit fan and this game just checks every box for me.

Spiderman looks great fun too so it will be good to have the console for when it releases.

Can I get a link to the source please?

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/28/17062548/playstation-plus-ps3-vita-games-2019

Scroll to the update at the bottom of the article.
    Sony wrote:
    A representative for Sony told Polygon that after February 2019, the monthly PlayStation Plus lineups will consist only of two free PS4 games. We’ve edited the article to reflect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Looking forward to tomorrow's games.

Had been hmmming and hawing over Ratchet & Clank for a long time so great to get it with Plus. Seems really well reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Had been hmmming and hawing over Ratchet & Clank for a long time so great to get it with Plus. Seems really well reviewed.

I heard R&C is a great showcase for the Pro, looking forward to trying it out as it's not a game I'd personally buy but if I play it and it catches me I will play it until the end... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Not at the moment.

I did own one until I sold it finance an extra graphics card for my gaming PC. I am not using the PC as much as I thought I would be so I'll be selling a graphics card to pick up a PS4 Pro.

I have been waiting patiently for Detroit become human to launch before I buy the Pro. I am a huge Fahrenheit fan and this game just checks every box for me.

Spiderman looks great fun too so it will be good to have the console for when it releases.

just looking for a thread on this game. Don't think I've ever wanted to get a game simply after seeing a trailer. I generally don't like these type of games but this looks amazing. I think it's an Until Dawn kind of game which I loved. Maybe I do like these types of games.

Hmmm, hopefully that rep hasn't a clue what they're talking about!

I actually watched the R&C movie with the kid in preparation for the game. Movies wasn't the best, but got me excited to play the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hmmm, hopefully that rep hasn't a clue what they're talking about!

It's always been 2 x PS4, 2 x PS3 and 2 x PS Vita - sometimes there were cross-play titles included, that was just a happy coincidence.

Now that we're losing the PS3 and PS Vita games, we'll still be getting 2 x PS4 games, no change there, so the rep is correct.

It's possible some of the PS4 titles will be cross-play, we'll have to wait until next year for confirmation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,815 ✭✭✭✭Penn

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's always been 2 x PS4, 2 x PS3 and 2 x PS Vita - sometimes there were cross-play titles included, that was just a happy coincidence.

Now that we're losing the PS3 and PS Vita games, we'll still be getting 2 x PS4 games, no change there, so the rep is correct.

It's possible some of the PS4 titles will be cross-play, we'll have to wait until next year for confirmation.

Exactly. Some of the PS3/PS4 games were cross-play, but the aim was always 2 games for PS4, 2 for Vita, 2 for PS3.

The big question is will the level of PS4 games increase (eg. more AAA games) next March when it's only PS4 games that are available. That remains to be seen. Either way, the free games (quality/quantity) do not correlate to the price of the PS+ subscription. The subscription is primarily to allow you to play online on PS4. Free games and discounts are a bonus on top of that, and I would say the majority of people save far more than the price of the PS+ subscription in the free games and discounts (this evening for example I'll be getting Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank for free, and a 2-game Yakuza bundle which would be €113 separately, but I'll be getting them for €68 due to a bundle deal plus PS+ discount).

Besides which, your PS+ subscription stacks and there are regular deals and discounts on the cost of the subscription, like there is right now where you can get 12 months for €45, which is less than even the original €50 from before they increased the price. It was also reduced a few months ago at Christmas. So a lot of people don't even pay €60 anyway.

Games are up now.

• Games are up now.

Never played a Rachet & Clank game :eek:

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Never played a Rachet & Clank game :eek:

Me neither. Playing through Crash really gave me the urge to try it, and I even nearly bought it back in January but didn't pull the trigger. Delighted it's one of the free games this month. Supposed to look fantastic on the Pro too.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    just looking for a thread on this game. Don't think I've ever wanted to get a game simply after seeing a trailer. I generally don't like these type of games but this looks amazing. I think it's an Until Dawn kind of game which I loved. Maybe I do like these types of games.

I endured Beyond: Two Souls and Heavy Rain and I don't think I'll ever feel the need to play one of yer man's games again. They were pseudo-intellectual, nonsensical **** that took itself way too seriously - the polar opposite of the romp that was Until Dawn imo.

Beyond and Heavy Rain were the kind of games that made me wonder if I had some sort of brain injury because I finished both games - that's surely the sign of someone that has lost some higher cognitive functions and is suffering from serious impairment in their judgement.

I endured Beyond: Two Souls and Heavy Rain and I don't think I'll ever feel the need to play one of yer man's games again. They were pseudo-intellectual, nonsensical **** that took itself way too seriously - the polar opposite of the romp that was Until Dawn imo.

Beyond and Heavy Rain were the kind of games that made me wonder if I had some sort of brain injury because I finished both games - that's surely the sign of someone that has lost some higher cognitive functions and is suffering from serious impairment in their judgement.

Never played Beyond but Heavy Rain was just laughable. Some of the things you had to do just to have the player use the controller and not just be watching the whole thing. I'll never forget having to tie the police chief's tie for him. Plus the woman's whole "I'm being attacked by burglars after I just got out of the shower! HELP ME OH GOD PLEASE HEL... oh it was just a dream..."

Still though, Detroit could be interesting. I'll definitely wait for lots of reviews of it first.

Noooooo! I went to download this month's games and I noticed last month's games still sitting in the cart. I never actually ordered them...
    Knack, I waited so long for you, now I'll never get to experience your sweet embrace. :(

Noooooo! I went to download this month's games and I noticed last month's games still sitting in the cart. I never actually ordered them...
    Knack, I waited so long for you, now I'll never get to experience your sweet embrace. :(

Can you not still get them today?

Can you not still get them today?

I think once the new games go up, the previous month's games go back up to their normal price. New games went up about an hour ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

You missed nothing.

Advertisement