Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I have R&C still in the wrapper from over a year ago. Supposed to be decent though just haven't got round to playing it yet.
    As for Bloodborne, sony obviously hates it's PS+ users and want to cause us pain. I bought it a while ago, I didn't get into it because I just don't have the time/patience but I can see why it's so well liked too. Really cool game, brilliant atmosphere, setting and style. It would definitely lose something if there were regular save points because dying is almost painful, especially when it's a really stupid death. Make sure you download this, you might be like me and it's not for you, but if you get into it, you'll probably have it in your top 5 all time games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Morpork wrote:
    Knack, I waited so long for you, now I'll never get to experience your sweet embrace.

I was tempted not to add Knack to My Library as a message to say 'even for free, no thanks!' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Souls noob here,is Bloodborne fully co op or only in parts?

Ive heard of summoning but no idea if thats how it works:(

EoinHef wrote: »

You use the bells that can get got in Hunter's Dream, costs insight to use the beckoning one but not the small one which is used to join another game. You can set a password in the setting to match with pals.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Morpork wrote: »
    Noooooo! I went to download this month's games and I noticed last month's games still sitting in the cart. I never actually ordered them...
    Knack, I waited so long for you, now I'll never get to experience your sweet embrace. :(

I played 3 levels and deleted it, the game is a pain in the ass to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Hehe I'm kidding about Knack, but I actually did want to play Grand Kingdom on the Vita. Looked like a bit of fun.

Ratchet and Clank is nice looking even on a standard PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Thought I'd like Bombing Busters because I loved Bomberman back on the SNES and even the remake for the last gen of consoles. But either the servers are constantly down or there is no one playing because I can't find a single game online and even the single player is frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I did a lot of co-op recently over the 5 weeks I was playing this, here's what I learned.
    • Going to a new area you have an option to unlock a Lamp
    • The buddy you are trying to summon in must have unlocked that lamp too.
    • So you can't be on the 6th area trying to summon in a guy who is still locked back in area 3.
    • There is some sort of "proximity" thing happening, so you both imho should just stand right next to the lamp
    • You can't summon a friend to an area if you have beat the "main" boss of the area.
    • If you summon in a friend and you beat that areas main boss, your buddy will be "finished" helping and disappear.
    • Friends you summon in get debuffs to their health and the amount of Blood Echoes they get.
    • You use the "Large Beckoning Bell" to summon a friend or randomer (you can password protect it), this costs you 1 Insight if successful, if unsuccessful simply fire the "Firing Blank" and undo your ringing and get your insight back.
    • You get Insight by seeing a Boss and more by killing it
    • They use the "Small Resonant Bell" to "receive your call" so to speak
    • Sometimes you need to reset the game (log out of Bloodborne servers) and log back in to get it to work properly.
    • Progress is only saved on the "hosts" side
    Consider it more as "getting help" as opposed to playing a co-op campaign.
    The annoyance can stem from, lets say you and your buddy are both on Area 3, he jumps in and helps you kill the boss.
    Great, you're on Area 4 but he's still back in 3 since it doesn't count as progress for him, so you could jump in and help him kill his boss and double-dip/redo the area.
    The exploring and picking up collectables solo was the fun bit though.

If you want, I can jump in and show you how this works and help you out with a Boss as an example if you want (as long as it's before you kill a Boss called Rom as thats as far as I progressed on NG+, so I don't have the following areas unlocked)

Thanks generic,very comprehemsive. Considering who im thinking of playing it with that may be fruatrating,might just give it a bash solo.

• Advertisement

Tbh, just play it solo and consider any opportunities you have to play co-op an added bonus, otherwise you'll really mess up the pacing of the game. I love co-op stuff, but this game is not built around it really.

Cheers,think i will just go that route

Is the DLC worth getting? €7 atm

Cheers,think i will just go that route

Is the DLC worth getting? €7 atm

That totally depends on if you like the game or not. It's more of the same (but better?).
    That being said I think the DLC areas, Bosses and Weapons are among the best in the game.
    I paid €20 for the DLC a few weeks ago, worth every penny imho.

If you get past Vicar Amelia and are enjoying the game, buy it. If not, don't.
    I considered that the point where I was "all in" with the game tbh.
    She would be the 2nd, 3rd or 4th Boss depending on how much optional stuff you do.

Think you'll have to make your own mind up, but tbh, the areas and bosses are often voted/listed as some taking up a lot of the top-5 spots in top-20 lists, and I can't say I disagree with that assessment. But if you get fed up a turn it off at Father Gascoigne, the DLC would be a waste, since you need to advance to a certain point in the game to actually access the DLC areas

It only went on sale today so plenty of time to make a decision. Ill see how i get on.

Think i better start this one sober givin the nature of the game:P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ten minutes after starting Bloodborne I can really see myself enjoying Ratchet & Clank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Gems of War stole far too many hours from me today. Be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

My sub renewed today automatically but I didnt want it to. Thought it was not on auto renew. Is there any way I can cancel and get my money back or has anyone had to do this before

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    My sub renewed today automatically but I didnt want it to. Thought it was not on auto renew. Is there any way I can cancel and get my money back or has anyone had to do this before

Anything with money or personal data/account stuff you've to call them, try that otherwise not much you can do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So, after hearing so much about Mighty No 9, had to give it a curiosity whirl as I thought it couldn't be as bad as the feedback suggested.

It's worse. What a half-baked, underrealised piece of ****. Probably the straight-up ugliest looking game I've played in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

So, after hearing so much about Mighty No 9, had to give it a curiosity whirl as I thought it couldn't be as bad as the feedback suggested.

It's worse. What a half-baked, underrealised piece of ****. Probably the straight-up ugliest looking game I've played in years.

Yeah, I was off the same mindset starting the game. It's an absolute turd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me in January, auto renew is turned on automatically each time you renew your sub. Sneaky feckers, but there`s nothing you can do i`m afraid. 
    They view it as being on you for not checking your subscription preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I am selling my old PS3 super slim and wondered is there a way of selling it with the downloadable only games I bought for it, plus all my old ps plus sub games?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I am selling my old PS3 super slim and wondered is there a way of selling it with the downloadable only games I bought for it, plus all my old ps plus sub games?

thanks

I doubt it unless you're willing to allow the new owner access to your PSN account and everything else that that entails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

thanks

Yeah. If you leave all your account details open on it, then the person buying it will have access to all your downloaded games. It'll be grand...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Yeah. If you leave all your account details open on it, then the person buying it will have access to all your downloaded games. It'll be grand...

yep, obviously i will remove the payment and any personal details lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

yep, obviously i will remove the payment and any personal details lol

You will still need the PS3 connected to your PSN account in order to avail of both the purchased games and the PS+ games.

If you're willing to sacrifice your PSN account and sell that with the PS3 then you could do that. You'd need to set up a new PSN account yourself but any previous purchases you may have done for the PS4 on the old PSN account will also be lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So was just curious, as someone who has never got into turn based RPGs or JRPGs, what would be suggested as a good one to get me into them that was free on Plus? Vita, PS3 or PS4 all an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So was just curious, as someone who has never got into turn based RPGs or JRPGs, what would be suggested as a good one to get me into them that was free on Plus? Vita, PS3 or PS4 all an option.

Not too many have come up iirc, the only one I can think of is last months Grand Kingdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

CastorTroy wrote: »

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Grand Kingdom, Final Fantasy 5 and Child Of Light, they are the only ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Advertisement