Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So was just curious, as someone who has never got into turn based RPGs or JRPGs, what would be suggested as a good one to get me into them that was free on Plus? Vita, PS3 or PS4 all an option.

Don't bother. I've tried in the past to do it and I could never get into them. Turn based rpgs are a dying breed anyway. Ni Nu Kuni was turn based, and as good as it looked it became a chore to play. The sequel is an action rpg and that's the way it should be...

IMO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So was just curious, as someone who has never got into turn based RPGs or JRPGs, what would be suggested as a good one to get me into them that was free on Plus? Vita, PS3 or PS4 all an option.

January 31, 1997
    Changed me
    Today's peoples don't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

CastorTroy wrote:

Not an RPG (unless you use your imagination while also naming your team) but a turn based stratefy game I'd recommend is XCOM. A Google search said it was given away 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't bother. I've tried in the past to do it and I could never get into them. Turn based rpgs are a dying breed anyway. Ni Nu Kuni was turn based, and as good as it looked it became a chore to play. The sequel is an action rpg and that's the way it should be...

IMO :)

Yeah, for me they always seemed pretty boring and random to play. Didn't like how you just had to stand there and let the enemy take a shot at you. Or you could make a big attack only to be told you missed.

But keep getting it in my head that I'll try and seeing my Vita sitting upstairs reminded me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Games for April should be announced at about 4:30pm today

• Advertisement

Ah hear I'm totally immersed in last month's still. Although I do love the meltdown that occurs here each month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah hear I'm totally immersed in last month's still. Although I do love the meltdown that occurs here each month.

Apart from Failsafe stirring the pot and maybe a bit of grumbling about Knack, it's been relatively meltdown free around here, I'd have thought.

Last month was quiet because we did well. It should kick off again if the offer is pretty muck :) . I'm not too bothered this month as I have plenty to keep me busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wouldn't be surprised at a triple A game with VR mode to go with the VR kit price drop tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

April Games
    Mad Max (PS4)

Trackmania Turbo (PS4)

In Space We Brawl (PS3)

Toy Home (PS3)

99 VIDAS (PS Vita)

Q*Bert Rebooted (PS3/PS4/PS Vita

• Advertisement

Nice, almost pulled the trigger on mad Max so many times, heard it's grindy and can be boring but looking forward to giving it a go.

Can't wait for them PS3/vita games to feck off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm going to give Mad Max a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mad Max is indeed a bit grindy and can be quite repetitive at times but I really enjoyed it, decent month

Excellent, I've nearly pulled the trigger several times on Mad Max and Trackmania and I wouldn't mind trying out Q*Bert for nostalgia's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This makes me think I really need to stop buying games just cause they are on sale unless I intend to play them within 72 hours. Picked up Bloodborne and Mad Max about 6 months ago on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,088 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Mad Max is a great game. No more grindy than most others unless you want to collect everything. It doesn't start to get really good until you're a good few upgrades in, but well worth it imo.

Trackmania, i've already lost loads of hours to that. Q-Bert remastered will be the first Q-Bert game I play!

Mad Max is a 60-80 hour grind for 100% and you see everything the game has to offer in the first 2-3 hours. It's not terrible but the repetition is strong and kicks in early.

This makes me think I really need to stop buying games just cause they are on sale unless I intend to play them within 72 hours. Picked up Bloodborne and Mad Max about 6 months ago on sale.

that's really the dilemma. that said I was delighted with ratchet and clank last month and not too bothered by bloodborne, hindsight proved me a right eejit. i'm really enjoying r&c but bloodborne has been a revelation. Even after all the goty awards, comments by users , reviews etc still wasn't sure it was a game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Mad Max is a bit bland,arkham style fighting in the desert picking up nuts and bolts.

Thought the best part was the vehicle combat,but even that gets a bit stale.

Looking forward to trying Trackmania,always wanted to try one of those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Mad Max for free is a no brainer, excellent game, well worth pumping a good few hours into it. Personally, the repetition didn't dampen the experience, I always felt I could play it in nice short bursts, have a ton of fun doing so and not have to put much effort into it. I certainly never found it a grind to advance anywhere in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ever since Fortnite arrived I’ve a growing collection of yet to be played PS+ games. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I ended my ps+ sub but still have access to my games from ps+. I thought I would lose access to all these?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I ended my ps+ sub but still have access to my games from ps+. I thought I would lose access to all these?

Go onto one of the games and hit option on the controller and then information, one of the bits will say valid period end. You can now see all plus games under the library, so try a few there.

What does that say.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Anywhere reputable for Irish psn codes other than Press Start?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

tkd93 wrote: »

A few like GameStop and Smyths also sell them online, but press start are pretty much the only ones selling below face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Tried buying off the sony website but keep refusing my card really weird I will have to get on to support next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I live abroad and am forced to buy codes.

I use cardcodes.com for PSN and Nintendo.

Not sure if they're 'reputable' or what the legality is, back of a truck ?
    But they have codes for every region...so I dunno.

I give them the money and they send me the code within 20 seconds

https://cardscodes.com/Playstation_Network_Ireland-k87-0-3-default.html

Games are live for download now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Tried buying off the sony website but keep refusing my card really weird I will have to get on to support next week.
    Is it a new card/first time using that card? If so the same thing happened me. Tried a few times, couldn't get past the Verified by Visa page. Rang the bank (coz I assumed my card had been blocked). They went through some transactions and there was one from Sony for 17 cent (which wasn't me). Got passed around from department to department, being told my card had been scammed and then being told there were no problems, it was just a card-check transaction from Sony. I ended up leaving it for the day and trying again the next day and it worked fine and I've had no problems since :confused:

• Advertisement

Vojera wrote: »
    Is it a new card/first time using that card? If so the same thing happened me. Tried a few times, couldn't get past the Verified by Visa page. Rang the bank (coz I assumed my card had been blocked). They went through some transactions and there was one from Sony for 17 cent (which wasn't me). Got passed around from department to department, being told my card had been scammed and then being told there were no problems, it was just a card-check transaction from Sony. I ended up leaving it for the day and trying again the next day and it worked fine and I've had no problems since :confused:

I've had to resort to using the Dolphin browser on the phone - it was the only one where linking to my Paypal account worked for PS purchases. Chrome, Firefox and the Playstation App wouldn't work properly but no problems with Dolphin - don't know what the issue was but there seems to be something well wonky going on Sony's side because I've never had issues with any other site.

Advertisement