Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Not much for me this month,still games id like to play more from previous months though so dont mind. Backlog is now quite large!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Rayman is a brilliant platformer. Great old school fun. I would recommend it to everyone.

Unfortunately I've already played Beyond and Rayman so not a great month for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Played Rayman Legends on the Vita but never finished it - I think I'll give a go on the PS4 as I really enjoyed it while I played it.

Beyond Two Souls really is one of the stupidest games I have ever sat through and completed - I wish I could even say it was really impressive to look at but the uncanny valley just makes everyone look really weird. I know people give out about the plots of most triple A games but the storyline in this is absolutely joyless drivel but its greatest sin is that it somehow thinks its profound. Did no one during turn around to David Cage at any point in the production and say 'Do you know what, lad? This is pure scutter…'.

Play Until Dawn instead - it takes the mechanics of the Cage games and makes something fun and engaging and it never takes itself seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think releasing Beyond Two Souls on PS+ may have been a mistake. I see a lot of comments like the above and it could turn people off getting Detroit Beyond Human and by people I mean me.

Until Dawn was fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think releasing Beyond Two Souls on PS+ may have been a mistake. I see a lot of comments like the above and it could turn people off getting Detroit Beyond Human and by people I mean me.

Probably why they released the Detroit demo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

very true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/04/29/playstation-plus-free-netflix/ 3 months free Netflix with a 12 month PS Plus subscription.

Edit: As mentioned below, you need to be on the promos email subscription and get apparently randomly chosen for the offer. Thought it was just the first part.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Occono wrote: »
    http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/04/29/playstation-plus-free-netflix/ 3 months free Netflix with a 12 month PS Plus subscription.

That's somewhat misleading. It's three months free if Sony select you and email you.

It's not a blanket offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

Penn wrote: »

15 months PS+ subscription for the price of 12 months. Available until May 4th.

How often do they have offers like this? It's been a couple of years since I paid to play online but the temptation is back again. I'll hold off if this is a regular occurrence though.

sacamano wrote: »
    How often do they have offers like this? It's been a couple of years since I paid to play online but the temptation is back again. I'll hold off if this is a regular occurrence though.

They'd be a regular enough occurrence. Maybe once every 3 to 6 months there'll be some sort of offer. If you got it today, you'd be able to get Mad Max and Trackmania Turbo with the instant game collection but they'll be gone tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Strange. I picked it up just now but it's not showing any transaction history on my account so looks like I won't be able to download those games after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Damien360

Strange. I picked it up just now but it's not showing any transaction history on my account so looks like I won't be able to download those games after all.

This happened me via the mobile app. I went on my PC and logged into PSN to get this deal. The expiry date of the PSN games tells you if you managed to download the deal. Should be 15months on from now in your case

Not sure what I did wrong because I got to the checkout confirmation screen and everything seemed okay. But I looked at my account online and via the PS4 and it still had me down as a non-member. Subscribed again through the console and it worked. Good luck to me getting that other 60 quid back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Damien360

Not sure what I did wrong because I got to the checkout confirmation screen and everything seemed okay. But I looked at my account online and via the PS4 and it still had me down as a non-member. Subscribed again through the console and it worked. Good luck to me getting that other 60 quid back!

The other 60 will not leave your account. I got the same confirmation on mobile but it never pushed through and I checked my banking online over the next few days to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Btw, this months free games are available to download now in case anyone wasn't aware

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Beyond: Two Souls is absolutely awful.

At least we got Rayman Legends. Will happily play through that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,092 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Started Beyond (again) last night. Played about half of it on the PS3 when it came out but lost interest. I'm now remembering why. The early stages were needed (the party) to build characters, but I hate those parts. I really don't know if the female teenager who has never had friends before wants to lob the gob on the good looking frat boy type! Not fun or entertaining. The action parts with Aiden are fine, but the bits inbetween seem to bring the rest of it down.

Rayman Legends is grand, but not a game I can sit down and play hours at. A few levels here and there is grand.

That rock throwing King game, again an alright pick up and play game but not one to play extended sessions on.

Poor enough month, but still free, so there's that! Then again, God of War will make anything feel inferior!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭175010012017

I'm looking into getting a year of PS+ from an online store, but they're all seem to be region locked and no Ireland available. Any recommendations for stores that have 1y PS+ subs that have Ireland codes or do I have to buy it from through the official PS Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm looking into getting a year of PS+ from an online store, but they're all seem to be region locked and no Ireland available. Any recommendations for stores that have 1y PS+ subs that have Ireland codes or do I have to buy it from through the official PS Store?

https://www.press-start.com/en/1785-buy-key-ps4-playstation-plus-365-days-subscription-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Thanks for this, bit of a faff buying it but finally got there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,092 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So same thing with Beyond again, played to a certain point and no interest in going back to it. I usually like these games, but there's something missing from this one. Could have something to do with trying to make me, a 35 year old single Irish male, make up the 14 year old Ellies' mind on whether she should kiss the jock or not. I have no idea what a 14 year old girl thinks.

On the opposite, Rayman is a great little game. I remember getting it for free on the Vita a few years back, but never played it beyond the first level. Don't know why. But I'm loving it now. It's not a sit down and put hours into type of game, but I play maybe 2/3 levels each day, ensuring to 100% that level. Each area is worth it for the last level though. Was not expecting that at the end of the first area. Amazingly done!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Finished Beyond 2 Souls the other night really enjoyed flew through it in 3 nights , I know a lot of people aren't interested in those type games but I loved Farenheit and Heavy Rain so knew I would like this

Started Rayman aswell as above poster said it's great for an hour and then you get bored but I'm knocking through a level here and there

Overall Good month for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So same thing with Beyond again, played to a certain point and no interest in going back to it. I usually like these games, but there's something missing from this one. Could have something to do with trying to make me, a 35 year old single Irish male, make up the 14 year old Ellies' mind on whether she should kiss the jock or not. I have no idea what a 14 year old girl thinks.

On the opposite, Rayman is a great little game. I remember getting it for free on the Vita a few years back, but never played it beyond the first level. Don't know why. But I'm loving it now. It's not a sit down and put hours into type of game, but I play maybe 2/3 levels each day, ensuring to 100% that level. Each area is worth it for the last level though. Was not expecting that at the end of the first area. Amazingly done!

If you still have a PS3, Rayman Origins is €5.99 on PSN right now, and is even better than Legends.

2D Rayman is Ubisoft at their best.

If you still have a PS3, Rayman Origins is €5.99 on PSN right now, and is even better than Legends.

2D Rayman is Ubisoft at their best.

Isn't most of Origins included in the Back to Origins levels in Rayman Legends?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Lads, probably asked on her multiple times...but

My PS Plus is coming to an end after 2 years or so, asking me for renewal.
    I 'purchased or selected' lots of the free games during that time, but never got around to playing any of em.
    I also don't play PS4 online.

I understand that I can't play or download said games if my subscription expires.

But..my question is...say 3 months down the line, if I re-sub....will I still have access to the PSN Plus games I 'purchased previously'

I'm thinking of dropping PSN Plus for a few months to clear my backlog as I don't get much use out of it.

Thanks

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Lads, probably asked on her multiple times...but

My PS Plus is coming to an end after 2 years or so, asking me for renewal.
    I 'purchased or selected' lots of the free games during that time, but never got around to playing any of em.
    I also don't play PS4 online.

I understand that I can't play or download said games if my subscription expires.

But..my question is...say 3 months down the line, if I re-sub....will I still have access to the PSN Plus games I 'purchased previously'

I'm thinking of dropping PSN Plus for a few months to clear my backlog as I don't get much use out of it.

Thanks

Yeah, if you let it lapse for a couple of months that won't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Just got an e-mail to say "The PlayStation Plus Monthly Games allocation will no longer include PS3 and PS Vita titles after 8 March 2019"

"PlayStation®3 (PS3™) or PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) titles will be included in the PlayStation®Plus Monthly Games allocation until 8 March 2019.

After 8 March 2019, the Monthly Games provided to PlayStation Plus members will no longer include PS3 or PS Vita titles. Any PS3 or PS Vita Monthly Games downloaded or previously added to your Download List will remain playable for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member."

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Just got an e-mail to say "The PlayStation Plus Monthly Games allocation will no longer include PS3 and PS Vita titles after 8 March 2019"

"PlayStation®3 (PS3™) or PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) titles will be included in the PlayStation®Plus Monthly Games allocation until 8 March 2019.

After 8 March 2019, the Monthly Games provided to PlayStation Plus members will no longer include PS3 or PS Vita titles. Any PS3 or PS Vita Monthly Games downloaded or previously added to your Download List will remain playable for as long as you remain a PlayStation Plus member."

Don't worry about it. Failsafe filled us in on that a couple of months ago. He got very upset about it on our behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Yup I missed that recent deal of 15 months for the price of 12, and with the increase now to nearly 60 I cant justify it. Over the last year there have only been a few standout games for me on +, got weeks of enjoyment from Bloodborne but its time for me to let it go for now until there’s another deal or the price goes back down to a more reasonable level. Might go for PS Now instead later in the year but I’ll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Taltos wrote: »
    Yup I missed that recent deal of 15 months for the price of 12, and with the increase now to nearly 60 I cant justify it. Over the last year there have only been a few standout games for me on +, got weeks of enjoyment from Bloodborne but its time for me to let it go for now until there’s another deal or the price goes back down to a more reasonable level. Might go for PS Now instead later in the year but I’ll see.

Someone posted a site doing 12 months for €49. It is a page or two back. I just renewed with that.

Yes the selection of games isn’t always great but for that price I feel I get enough from it.

Advertisement