Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Had a few TDM there and with my new suppressor, wasn't getting murdered that much, still last place on my team of course.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back to PS+ discussion please.
    There's a COD forum for game discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,092 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's random. I've had games where i'm being murdered and games where i'm finishing first. Hit and miss.

Plus, I forgot how annoying Nuk3town is in this game. It's not designed for it!

Edit: Some timing F1ngers!

PS+ - Anyone else give up on Trials once they got to the last 2 areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It's random. I've had games where i'm being murdered and games where i'm finishing first. Hit and miss.

Plus, I forgot how annoying Nuk3town is in this game. It's not designed for it!

Edit: Some timing F1ngers!

PS+ - Anyone else give up on Trials once they got to the last 2 areas?

Yup, the extreme tracks are ridiculous. I'm usually lucky to complete one at all.

Watching the video of the dude that spent 6 hours completing a track and then another 2 perfecting the speed run. It was some impossible track that the devs made thinking it would take ages to complete. He had it in less than a day...

• Advertisement

Watching the video of the dude that spent 6 hours completing a track and then another 2 perfecting the speed run. It was some impossible track that the devs made thinking it would take ages to complete. He had it in less than a day...

There are some really skilled Trials players out there. I can gold medal the hard tracks, but still struggle to get through any of the extreme tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I purchased 365 Day Plus during the Days of Play offer, expecting it to stack. I haven't checked on the PS4itself, but when I bought it, it said something about having auto renewal on when my current sub expires. How does that work? Is the code on my account somewhere and when it renews, it'll use the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I loved/hated the extreme courses. Eventually finished them all but I remember Rock of Rages, the video below and being stuck on the jump at 2:25 for days on end. Unbeliveable feeling when I finally made it past that point, serious adrenaline rush. I see Trials of the Blodd Dragon is 4 quid on the sale at the moment. Might pick it up but hope it's still challenging and not just crazy gimmicky.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I purchased 365 Day Plus during the Days of Play offer, expecting it to stack. I haven't checked on the PS4itself, but when I bought it, it said something about having auto renewal on when my current sub expires. How does that work? Is the code on my account somewhere and when it renews, it'll use the code?

It stacks. If you check your account you will see that the expiry date on your ps+ has been extended by a year.

Auto renew will take funds from you wallet and/or card to purchase a new 1 year subscription upon reaching the expiry date. Iirc you will receive an email informing you of this 2 weeks beforehand.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I loved/hated the extreme courses. Eventually finished them all but I remember Rock of Rages, the video below and being stuck on the jump at 2:25 for days on end. Unbeliveable feeling when I finally made it past that point, serious adrenaline rush. I see Trials of the Blodd Dragon is 4 quid on the sale at the moment. Might pick it up but hope it's still challenging and not just crazy gimmicky.

That's just brutal. I would have punched myself over and over if I attempted that.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't even have made it to the first checkpoint in that! I'm finding it very hard to do the bunny hop.

That's what games were like in the 80's. Impossibly hard to add 'value'.

That's what games were like in the 80's. Impossibly hard to add 'value'.

Tell me about it. The amount of games back in the day i gave up on out of sheer frustration!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

can anyone tell me where the cheapest place to get ps plus is now? I missed the recent sale and I don't see any irish version on CDKeys or can the ps plus (UK) be used on an irish account? Thanks

can anyone tell me where the cheapest place to get ps plus is now? I missed the recent sale and I don't see any irish version on CDKeys or can the ps plus (UK) be used on an irish account? Thanks

Press Start

https://www.press-start.com/en/1785-buy-key-playstation-playstation-plus-365-days-subscription-ireland/

Uk subscriptions cannot be used with Irish psn accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

Cheers, that's great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cheers, that's great thanks.

I just tried these and they wanted a copy of my ID, which I sent them, then they tell me that my driving licence picture isn't good enough as I'm blocking certain parts from the view in the picture?

Sending pictures of my DL to Hong Kong wasn't what I was planning when buying a subscription

Fieldog wrote: »
    I just tried these and they wanted a copy of my ID, which I sent them, then they tell me that my driving licence picture isn't good enough as I'm blocking certain parts from the view in the picture?

Sending pictures of my DL to Hong Kong wasn't what I was planning when buying a subscription

Let me know how long it takes them to verify it, was getting something before and ended up not bothering when they asked for ID.

Let me know how long it takes them to verify it, was getting something before and ended up not bothering when they asked for ID.

They seem to be responding fairly quickly anyway...

Don't think I'll go through with it, told them to cancel it when they said they weren't happy with what I had sent, got a bit of a dubious feeling about it...

They seem to be responding fairly quickly anyway...

Don't think I'll go through with it, told them to cancel it when they said they weren't happy with what I had sent, got a bit of a dubious feeling about it...

They asked me for passport which I felt was excessive as drivers license should suffice,

• Advertisement

They asked me for passport which I felt was excessive as drivers license should suffice,

I'm all up for saving 12 quid but don't like the idea of them having that much information on me in China, ha ha

Only had this issue with them when trying to purchase behind a vpn.

It is today it gets announced, isn't it?

And sorry for bumping with no updates. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It is today it gets announced, isn't it?

And sorry for bumping with no updates. :)

I read it should be announced around 5pm our time. Haven't seen a whiff of what they might be though. Hopefully they don't think they can get away with giving us shyte because Blops 3 was a surprise drop last month. I played it for about 10 minutes and uninstalled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

July line up

Absolver (PS4)
    Heavy Rain (PS4)
    Rayman HD (PS3)
    Extreme Exorcism (PS3)
    Space Overlords (PS Vita + PS4)
    Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (PS Vita)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Absolver and Zero Escape? That's fantastic!

Cool will definitely give Absolver a go, the martial arts combat system sounds class. Bit weird giving heavy rain after only recently giving the 2 souls one. I really enjoyed it first time around. Might press X to Jason sometime down the road but will more than likely never download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Not much for me this month.

Pretty swamped with games im playing atm anyway so pretty much any game would have been straight into the backlog anyway.

A game ive been playing a good bit more of lately is Alien Nation. Really enjoying it. Probably my most played plus game now

Sorry, but that line up sucks balls.

• Advertisement

So that's 2 of the zero escape games given away on vita. Must play the first on the DS at some point.

Looks like US gets Deception IV:Nightmare Princess instead of Extreme Exorcism

Advertisement