Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Be thankful for such small mercies

I downloaded Beyond 2 Souls but having seen similar comments on here haven't really played it. Put it on and watched it for 5 minutes, didn't look bad but just thought I'm not getting invested in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is Black Ops 3 free too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is Black Ops 3 free too?

It was made available at E3, it expires on PS+ next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I'm getting "not available for purchase" on Heavy Rain. It doesn't say why though.

I had to click on the game, and choose an option from the main page. I got to choose Free or Free. :)

any rumours on the free games? seriously considering getting Nioh but would be devastated in it was given away for free a few days later. I could put that €14 to much better use :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I read somewhere they have pushed the announcement to tomorrow. They have really nailed down the leaks lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I read somewhere they have pushed the announcement to tomorrow. They have really nailed down the leaks lately.

It's usually been the Wednesday before the games go live for the announcement for the last year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,816 ✭✭✭✭Penn

August Games:

Mafia III (PS4)
    Dead by Daylight (PS4)
    Knowledge is Power (PS Plus Bonus – PlayLink)
    Here They Lie (PS Plus Bonus – PS VR required)
    Bound by Flame (PS3)
    Serious Sam 3: BFE (PS3)
    Draw Slasher (PS Vita)
    Space Hulk (PS Vita)

Dead by daylight?? Deadly! I heard it wasn't as good as Friday 13th but they have a lot of cool franchises like Saw and Halloween. Definitely giving this a go.

Bought Mafia 3 a few months back on the cheap. Do not... DO NOT try clean up icons on the map as you will get completely burnt out. Stick to main story is my advice and even that gets tedious. DLC adds a bit of fun and variety of you have the cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Here They Lie! Sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Is dead by daylight basically just like the Friday the 13th game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nice one had dead by daylight and Here they lie and traded them in , nice to get them back , already have Mafia 3 but got bored to tears about a 1/3 of the way through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got Mafia 3 in a humble bundle already, dont really care for DbD, have SS3 already and Bound by Flame is meant to be pretty meh.

So overall another *shrug* month on PS+ for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Mafia 3 and dead by daylight is a fantastic month. Both games I've thought about getting but never did. Now I can think about playing them and never get around to it :D

yeah same, they are two games I'd probably never have bought either, unfortunately typically when I play these games I quickly realise why I didn't.

However every now and then something like Until Dawn, Darkest Dungeon or Bloodborne (dear god Bloodborne) comes along. I'm now ashamed to admit I probably wouldn't have played either of these but for PSN plus games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah same, they are two games I'd probably never have bought either, unfortunately typically when I play these games I quickly realise why I didn't.

However every now and then something like Until Dawn, Darkest Dungeon or Bloodborne (dear god Bloodborne) comes along. I'm now ashamed to admit I probably wouldn't have played either of these but for PSN plus games.

I have Bloodborne in my download pile but i don't know if I'll ever play it. I don't think I have the patients or time it takes to "git good"

I don't think Darkest Dungeon was ever given away free with PS Plus.

I have Bloodborne in my download pile but i don't know if I'll ever play it. I don't think I have the patients or time it takes to "git good"

Please do. I avoided it like the plague because of how difficult I'd heard it was. I had dabbled in Souls games before which crushed me. I'm no pro-gamer. Got totally hooked on BB. Of course it's not for everyone but I was blown away by how much I got into it. It's my current addiction.

The beginning is actually paced to test you and it actually gets a bit easier before it gets murderously harder and harder with every play through.

I don't Darkest Dungeon was ever given away free with PS Plus.

I thought it was. It wouldn't be the type of game I'd usually play but I could have been talked into getting it on sale or something.

Please do. I avoided it like the plague because of how difficult I'd heard it was. I had dabbled in Souls games before which crushed me. I'm no pro-gamer. Got totally hooked on BB. Of course it's not for everyone but I was blown away by how much I got into it. It's my current addiction.

The beginning is actually paced to test you and it actually gets a bit easier before it gets murderously harder and harder with every play through.

I did get stuck into it for a while and was progressing a good bit (think I got as far as a monster in a church, after the machine gunner on the roof). I did enjoy the game and the combat was good, but I was playing it just to play it. There was nothing actually making me want to play it, no hook that made me want to properly progress and go forward.

It is a great game and well worth playing, but I gave it as much as I could before just wanting to play something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭recyclops

i was throughly enjoying it until i got to the vacuous spider and for some odd reason i cant kill the bloody thing

i know it should be easy, i have the patterns down and have gone close far too many times to even think he is difficult but i can never seem to kill him :(

Penn wrote: »
    I did get stuck into it for a while and was progressing a good bit (think I got as far as a monster in a church, after the machine gunner on the roof). I did enjoy the game and the combat was good, but I was playing it just to play it. There was nothing actually making me want to play it, no hook that made me want to properly progress and go forward.

It is a great game and well worth playing, but I gave it as much as I could before just wanting to play something else.

yeah if you got that far and were struggling to go on, it's just not for you. I have plenty of "good games" unfinished for this reason. God of War being one surprisingly which I need to go back to.

recyclops wrote: »
    i was throughly enjoying it until i got to the vacuous spider and for some odd reason i cant kill the bloody thing

i know it should be easy, i have the patterns down and have gone close far too many times to even think he is difficult but i can never seem to kill him :(

nothing odd about that he's a dick. You can co-op to distract him but solo he's got some real cheesy moves. Funnily enough people have real problems with certain bosses and not others and it can often depend on things like your play style or even the weapons you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,117 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Do you have Tonitous? It makes short work of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dead by Daylight MP looks like good fun - very decent month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I thought No Man's Sky was going to be one of the games this month because they just dropped a big update, so I held off buying it in Smyths for a tenner. Now Smyths are out of stock everywhere :(

I thought No Man's Sky was going to be one of the games this month because they just dropped a big update, so I held off buying it in Smyths for a tenner. Now Smyths are out of stock everywhere :(

If the update wasn't free, it could have been a safe enough bet as they might have given the game on PS+ for free in order to sell the DLC. But a free update, I would have thought it was unlikely. Maybe when the playerbase starts to dip substantially they might throw it up then to get new players in.

I think it's about €15 on sale in the store.

No man's sky hasn't been in stock in smyths in ages.

The DLC for dead by daylight is a bit pricey at 8 quid a go. I love horror so Michael, Freddy, Saw, etc I'm mad to play ) if that actual base game is any good anyway. Just read as well, the devs have added a feature of being able to buy the dlc's with in game credits you can earn by playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

The only thing that worked for me there was to circle around behind each of the small spiders, taking them out with one or two hits and moving fast before going after him them each time. Painful boss.

Advertisement