Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    No man's sky hasn't been in stock in smyths in ages.

The DLC for dead by daylight is a bit pricey at 8 quid a go. I love horror so Michael, Freddy, Saw, etc I'm mad to play ) if that actual base game is any good anyway. Just read as well, the devs have added a feature of being able to buy the dlc's with in game credits you can earn by playing.

I enjoy this, it may be a grind to get the in game money but i don't mind that. Wish more companies would do that, and have it be worthwhile..

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Games are live on the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Excellent Here They Lie can be played without VR. Looking forward to Dead by Daylight. I also re-downloaded Mafia 3 after not playing it in a while and enjoying it again. The break was well needed and the DLC from the season pass definitely helps give it more variety. I read you can get some good throwbacks to Mafia 2 of you do the Vito side stuff. Main thing keeping me going at the moment.

Dead by Daylight has free DLC - lullaby for the dark chapter' you can download from the store.

So Dead by Daylight servers are down meaning you can't even get to a menu screen. Good start. Anyone able to get a game yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Had a few rounds of Knowledge is Power with the wife last night. Good fun. Wish it was a bit more quick fire though - I don’t need the animations for the power plays every single time. It got old very quickly, and after three rounds we were done with the game. Would be good craic with a few people over for a few drinks. It’s no Buzz, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Roar wrote: »
    Had a few rounds of Knowledge is Power with the wife last night. Good fun. Wish it was a bit more quick fire though - I don’t need the animations for the power plays every single time. It got old very quickly, and after three rounds we were done with the game. Would be good craic with a few people over for a few drinks. It’s no Buzz, though.

Its not buzz, but best you can do right now, you do need a few more people playing and it is good craic.
    The other playlink game they gave away recently is a good drinking game with a few friends around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Anyone try playing Knowledge is Power with a mix of kids and adults? Does it work at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone try playing Knowledge is Power with a mix of kids and adults? Does it work at all?

Bought and played it with family at Christmas.

The questions lead on from one another and the next question is based on voting and if a power up is used to pick from a list that relate someway to the last questions.

One example had us starting with sport as my brother used a powerup, the question was what height is a basketball hoop, and then that lead into a choice of other sports, America, and tall stuff. This lead onto American, and then American histoy, and then world history as I tried to vote and use powers to get away from sports.We started off with how high is a basketball hoop, and the last questions was what was the name of the Celtic queen who defeated the first Roman invasion of Britain.

I've had a round that dealt with best friends which lead to Kevin Smith movies, and into a movie question about a scifi film, and then a scifi game, and what must have been 3 questions in a row (due to our voting) about minecraft.

There's these quick fire games in it that a very young child might have issue with, but an adult's likely not going to do much better when asked to quickly choose if an odd name that pops up on your phone is a pokemon or not.

Unless you're playing trying to beat a child then you're probably fine.

Varik wrote: »
    Unless you're playing trying to beat a child then you're probably fine.

It's the only beating of a child we've got left to us... My daughter absolutely wipes the floor with me in Street Fighter. I'm astonishingly ashamed by how bad a loser I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's the only beating of a child we've got left to us... My daughter absolutely wipes the floor with me in Street Fighter. I'm astonishingly ashamed by how bad a loser I am.

Tell me about it. My son is definitely better at Fortnite than me (granted he has time to play it more) - He's on level 42 already while I'm lagging behind on 33. I am whooping him in the challenges though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

No kid of mine will ever beat me in a game! Because I'm not having them! Imagine having to share my game time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I must say that I started Mafia III last night and was immediately gripped. It is so stylish, well acted(!), a great soundtrack and an interesting storyline well told. Yes the movement controls are a little clunky and I'm only a few hours into the game, but I really like it.

And it's free!!!*

*Yes I know I pay for Playstation Plus but let's not get too picky!!

I played a couple of hours of Mafia III but it hasn't really gripped me. I am playing the Witcher 3 expansion packs as well at the moment and all through my couple of hours of Mafia III all I could think was 'I could be sorting out those vineyards instead of this...' which isn't a good sign imo. I'll probably come back to it when I've nothing else on but the cutscenes were a pain in the hole after being able to skip through the dialogue on the Witcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

I played a couple of hours of Mafia III but it hasn't really gripped me. I am playing the Witcher 3 expansion packs as well at the moment and all through my couple of hours of Mafia III all I could think was 'I could be sorting out those vineyards instead of this...' which isn't a good sign imo. I'll probably come back to it when I've nothing else on but the cutscenes were a pain in the hole after being able to skip through the dialogue on the Witcher.

To be honest it took me a few weeks of not playing The Witcher before I could deal with any other game. Everything seemed to pale in comparison. It does pass.

nedd wrote: »
    To be honest it took me a few weeks of not playing The Witcher before I could deal with any other game. Everything seemed to pale in comparison. It does pass.

I took about a year break between the main game and the expansion packs but it really has sucked me right back in.

I don't think anything is going to beat it for my game of this generation.

Mafia 3 is a great game, but if you try to do everything you'll get burned out very quick. I'll download it as soon as i'm more or less done with NMS again, and continue rather than starting again, so I might finish it this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Sitting here 15 min waiting to get a lobby in Dead By Daylight, no one playing or their network a load of balls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Whats Mafia 3 comparable to?

Would it be like Mad Max?

I really enjoyed MM for about 80 hours but then got bored of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Whats Mafia 3 comparable to?

Would it be like Mad Max?

I really enjoyed MM for about 80 hours but then got bored of it.

Ha 80 hours is good going in fairness, you definitely got your monies worth out of it by that point. I thought I was doing well at 59 hours. I'm curious as well about Mafia 3, seems like it has a lot going for it.

• Advertisement

It would be a kind of GTA-lite game from what I've seen of it.

It's GTA-esque, but a lot more emphasis on driving. Well, that's what I found anyway. You'll rarely run from A to B like you might in GTA, you will always drive. And that's not a bad thing, as long as you have a decent car. If anything, it feels more like GTA IV, but better.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

I’m enjoying Mafia 3 so far. The soundtrack is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Are there any offers for ps plus at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Are there any offers for ps plus at the moment?

€45 on press start for 12 months PS Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

quick question. I will be picking up Spider-Man CE. but my good wife to be is getting my the Spider-Man PS4 for my birthday and if she doesn't give it to me next week and makes me wait till end of month question is if I start playing Spider-Man on my already owned PS4 do saves go to a cloud or will I have to start game over again on new PS4?

gmg678 wrote: »
    quick question. I will be picking up Spider-Man CE. but my good wife to be is getting my the Spider-Man PS4 for my birthday and if she doesn't give it to me next week and makes me wait till end of month question is if I start playing Spider-Man on my already owned PS4 do saves go to a cloud or will I have to start game over again on new PS4?

If you have Playstation Plus you can upload it to the cloud. Alternatively, you can stick your saves on a USB stick.

Not sure when ye're getting married but you might want to move up the date, marry her ASAP!

If you have Playstation Plus you can upload it to the cloud. Alternatively, you can stick your saves on a USB stick.
    I have Plus, do I have to manual upload it to cloud or does it do it automatically?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Not sure when ye're getting married but you might want to move up the date, marry her ASAP!
    Ha, getting married in October!

Advertisement