Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

phobia2011 wrote: »
    We get a fairly rough deal when it comes to deals on ps plus,

Uk have offer of £30
    Indonesia £19

Best I can see for Irish is €60 inc 3months of Netflix

The UK and Indonesia offers aren't much use if you have a couple of years of the Irish PS Plus built up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Back in stock on press start for €44.99 signed up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Is Destiny 2 worth the download lads? Never played any games like it, is it hard to get used to the controls etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yes it's worth the download. Good game good community. It's let down by not being as good as the first one and you reach a point where you feel there's nothing to do.

I lived in Destiny for 3 years but haven't been able to go back and resume the grind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yes it's worth the download. Good game good community. It's let down by not being as good as the first one and you reach a point where you feel there's nothing to do.

I lived in Destiny for 3 years but haven't been able to go back and resume the grind.

Gimli, get back into it this evening, I have one feck all raids etc and still enjoy going in and messing about in it :D I will be on this evening if your up for a game :)

• Advertisement

Cheers Jonny. Strangely I've never liked raids. This stems from pre-clan issues. Running drunken VoG with people and it all turning shouty at the disappearing platform stage. Crota was ok but the "jumpy" one that came next nearly ended me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cheers Jonny. Strangely I've never liked raids. This stems from pre-clan issues. Running drunken VoG with people and it all turning shouty at the disappearing platform stage. Crota was ok but the "jumpy" one that came next nearly ended me.

You'll be glad to hear there are no jump puzzles in the base Leviathan raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Just played the first part of it, took a while but enjoyed it, does it get much harder? Found it a tad bit easy, can't wait to get into it.

the main game itself is quite easy, it's when you get to the end game some of the activities can be pretty tough, even more so alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,818 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I solo played the campaign and a few endgame stuff (bar occasionally teaming with randomers but not using mics or anything).

It's a decent game at its core, but even though they fixed a lot of what was wrong from Destiny 1, they also banjaxed other things which weren't broken, there wasn't a lot of new things in the game (recycling most of the enemies and assets from D1) and ultimately the game returned to just being a grind, except it kinda punished you for not grinding in the right way by reducing rewards. Definitely worth playing for free, but I don't think I'll be returning to it.

I'm looking forward to GOW3 though. Loved the game when it first came out and was tempted to get the remastered version both before and after the new GOW was released. Will definitely grab it now that it's free and bust through it again some weekend.

• Advertisement

Games are live now

Every game is playable on the PS4 this month. Looking forward to seeing if Qube and Foul Play are any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Every game is playable on the PS4 this month. Looking forward to seeing if Qube and Foul Play are any good.

Played qube ages ago, great puzzle game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Never played a Gears game before, sunk a few hours into 3 today, tremendous fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Roar wrote: »
    Never played a Gears game before, sunk a few hours into 3 today, tremendous fun.
    ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Roar wrote: »

Do you mean a God of War game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Do you mean a God of War game?

Ha. Yes. Yes I did 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That's the thing with the GoW games. Don't take the originals too seriously. They're great fun to hack and slash your way through, and 3 brought in some seriously gruesome kills to up the ante.

That's the thing with the GoW games. Don't take the originals too seriously. They're great fun to hack and slash your way through, and 3 brought in some seriously gruesome kills to up the ante.

The rhythm puzzle around halfway through is one of the clunkiest things to be shoehorned into a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Anybody get the Netflix code yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The rhythm puzzle around halfway through is one of the clunkiest things to be shoehorned into a game.

But I believe it's shortly followed by the second rhythm game, the one in the bedroom...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

marvsins wrote: »

Got it a couple of hours after I purchased the PS Plus sub.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

marvsins wrote: »
    Doodah7 wrote: »
    Got it a couple of hours after I purchased the PS Plus sub.

Same - literally minutes from purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

If I get a 12 month PS plus card is the Netflix offer included in this? is it a web offer only?
    Does anyone know when the Netflix offer finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

wilser wrote:
    If I get a 12 month PS plus card is the Netflix offer included in this? is it a web offer only? Does anyone know when the Netflix offer finishes

Ended a week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Never actually bought the games this month, what with Destiny releasing early and then playing it and spiderman forgot entirely.

you can still get them can't you, until the next ones go up. Only GOW3 held any interest for me as I had Destiny, still haven't played it,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got emailed 3 month of Netflix there by Sony, didn't used any of the recent offers for plus.

The 3 months is for the middle plan so not sure what would happen if on the lower plan, but if on the higher plan it give the value of those 3 months (3* 10.99) to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

F1ngers wrote: »
    Same - literally minutes from purchase.

Went on to live chat to sort not getting the code. Apparently I have promotional e-mails disabled. Should recieve code within 48 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Niska

Been a plus subscriber continuously since day one and didn't get a Netflix code...

Sad panda.

Advertisement