Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I just want it to rain so I can go outside and shout NIOH at the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah Friday the 13th is the only one I've heard of and looks like they ran out of single player games

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

duploelabs wrote: »
    Very underwhelmed by the selection this month

Give Lazer League a shot, I think it's going to prove to be a great little sleeper hit. Kind of like Rocket League on a smaller scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

new games are up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Double check you actually buy this stuff, Web store keeps removing things from basket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So Bulletstorm & Yakuza Kiwami are apparently next months games.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/ps4-portal/ps4-portal-ps-plus/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,818 ✭✭✭✭Penn

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Damn, I just finished Yakuza Kiwami. Bought it months ago for I think €15 or so.

If it is one of the free games next month and you haven't played a Yakuza game before, it's a great entry to the series. Would be well worth playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Finally I'll get around to trying a Yakuza game. Was going to eventually buy zero and start with that but beginning with 1 hopefully won't mess anything major up story wise.

Bulletstorm is a bit meh for me, remember buying it for the 360 all those years ago to get into the Gears of War 3 beta :o Wasn't too gone on the whole novelty combat system with chain kills and whatnot at the time so doubt I'll be to pushed about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,818 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Finally I'll get around to trying a Yakuza game. Was going to eventually buy zero and start with that but beginning with 1 hopefully won't mess anything major up story wise.

Nah. Yakuza Kiwami is a remake of the first Yakuza game. There were 5 of them before they made Yakuza 0. Although they did add in a few things to YK to make references back to Y0, it's nothing major story-wise from what I could see.

• ItsHoggie wrote: »

Love Bulletstorm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So had a few games of Laser League last night. It can quite possibly be a great game, but man it's taking me forever to get used to walking out one side and back in the other. People who master this will have a massive advantage. I also hope that the devs come up with variations, as I'd imagine people will be able to remember patterns after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

Do I need ps+ to play black ops4 online tonight?
    Do I need to purchase an additional COD battle pass or something?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

bigmike99 wrote: »
    Do I need ps+ to play black ops4 online tonight?
    Do I need to purchase an additional COD battle pass or something?
    Thanks

Yes and no.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What's the cheapest way these days to get PS Plus? Just sub annually or are there sometimes offers/etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dulpit wrote: »
    What's the cheapest way these days to get PS Plus? Just sub annually or are there sometimes offers/etc?

www.press-start.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Finished Mafia III. Picked the ending where I became a crime lord and feeling kind of guilty about it. At a bit of a loose end and reinstalled Alienation. Really enjoying it. Games like this - Dead Nation / Helldivers seem to start off fine then get crushingly difficult. Really need to try and complete Dead Nation now I think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Just got an e-Mail about 3 free months on Netflix due to my PS+ subscription. Not bad, better than nothing.

van_beano wrote: »
    Just got an e-Mail about 3 free months on Netflix due to my PS+ subscription. Not bad, better than nothing.

They aren't working atm. Its a known issue that is being fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

They aren't working atm. Its a known issue that is being fixed.

I just redeemed it there now and then logged into Netflix. It says €32.97 will be credited to the account after the next billing.

van_beano wrote: »
    I just redeemed it there now and then logged into Netflix. It says €32.97 will be credited to the account after the next billing.

Cool, seems to be fixed then. A lot of complaints to @askps_uk on twitter about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Any idea when we should be hearing what games are coming for November?

wilser wrote: »
    Any idea when we should be hearing what games are coming for November?

Should be tomorrow when they are officially unveiled.

Its Yakuza Kiwami and Bulletstorm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

As expected Yakuza Kiwami and Bulletstorm confirmed. Happy with Yakuza, never played Bulletstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bulletstorm is a lot of brainless fun.

Kiwami is pretty good but a noticeable drop off from Zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

skerry wrote: »
    As expected Yakuza Kiwami and Bulletstorm confirmed. Happy with Yakuza, never played Bulletstorm.

This will be the first month in a long time that I'll actually download the monthly games. I've always wanted to try Yakuza Kiwami and played Bulletstorm back in the day which I found to be a blast. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bulletstorm is a lot of brainless fun.

Kiwami is pretty good but a noticeable drop off from Zero.
    About 15 hours into Zero but dropped it a while back for Persona 5. Enjoyed what I played of it though so will be good to have Kiwami

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The full list.

Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)
    Bulletstorm (PS4)
    Jackbox Party Pack 2 (PS3)
    Arkedo Series (PS3)
    Burley Men at Sea (PS Vita + PS4)
    Roundabout (PS Vita + PS4)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm always intrigued everytime I see roundabout on the store, will definitely be trying that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Happy with all four games for the PS4. Looking forward to trying them all out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hasn't Bulletstorm already been given away with PS Plus? Or was it just the PS3 version

Advertisement