Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Hasn't Bulletstorm already been given away with PS Plus? Or was it just the PS3 version

Just the PS3 version. Six years ago.

Games up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Downloaded both of this month's games and played a few hours of Bulletstorm last night. Jaysus it's fierce craic altogether. It's the kinda game I love. Pick up, shoot everything around you and no stupid story segways. I completed Wolfenstein 2 the other night and was browned off by the end if it given the amount of faffing around you have to to on the main ship.

Yeah, Bulletstorm is great craic. It's one games I want to replay having already completed it on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I spent a lot of the weekend playing bulletstorm instead of RDR2. I keep thinking it's awful and then it'll do something fantastic like giving you a giant robot dinosaur to play with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I spent a lot of the weekend playing bulletstorm instead of RDR2. I keep thinking it's awful and then it'll do something fantastic like giving you a giant robot dinosaur to play with.

Waggleton P. Tallylicker was a good guy!

Blew through it in a matter of hours but i'll go back in and out of it every now and then just because. Was playing xcom2 but that annoyed me so I threw on bulletstorm and really enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Sounds like I'll have to give Bulletstorm a go then. Currently on The Last of US but only really get to play it about once or twice a week if I'm lucky. I could do with something that I can play for 30 minutes and then put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Waggleton P. Tallylicker was a good guy!

Blew through it in a matter of hours but i'll go back in and out of it every now and then just because. Was playing xcom2 but that annoyed me so I threw on bulletstorm and really enjoyed it!

I got to a point in XCom 2 where it annoyed me too and thought I was done with it. But went back to it and I'm still playing it, possibly the best value I've ever gotten out of a monthly Plus game. BulletStorm is waiting for when I eventually finish XCom 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Roundabout is actually great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I can't see the appeal for Bulletstorm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

duploelabs wrote: »
    I can't see the appeal for Bulletstorm

Me neither, I've tried giving it a go for the last two nights but can't get into it. I was expecting it to be a fast-paced shooter but it feels disjointed and clunky. The premise is really interesting but something feels off about its execution. Then again, maybe I'm just ****e at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Lads do PS+ subs tend to drop on Black Friday. Currently 48 through PS Store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

skerry wrote: »

That’s the Black Friday deal, 20% off the usual €60 price. Ahh I remember the days the €48 was nearly the usual price of the yearly sub and the sale prices were €36ish, good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Still cheaper on press start at €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Have to recommend this as well. Used them the other week and had no problems.

Picked up my last sub off press start. Was just wondering if themselves or likes of CD Keys had any decent discounts on Black Friday. Sub is good til next September but would top up if there was a good deal to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm actually trying to open a Press Start account, but it's telling me the Captcha entry is incorrect. But there is no Captcha image on the create account screen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

tried to get a sub for ps4 on press-start and used my revolt card but they blocked it! money is pending on my revolt app :( just an fyi if anyone is going to pay via this method.

tried to get a sub for ps4 on press-start and used my revolt card but they blocked it! money is pending on my revolt app :( just an fyi if anyone is going to pay via this method.

Think I had same issue back in November. Takes about a week to get money back to your Revolut card too which is a pain in the hole. Press Start had rejected payment but takes that long to process with Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Think I had same issue back in November. Takes about a week to get money back to your Revolut card too which is a pain in the hole. Press Start had rejected payment but takes that long to process with Revolut

might just go with black friday deal on ps store not much in price difference

• Advertisement

might just go with black friday deal on ps store not much in price difference

Only a couple of euros in it. I had no hassle with Press Start with normal card. Gonna hang tough til Friday and see if any cheaper pop up, wouldn't hold out much hope though

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm actually trying to open a Press Start account, but it's telling me the Captcha entry is incorrect. But there is no Captcha image on the create account screen!!!

Try a different browser? I had that happen me before and it worked when I used a different browser.
    I really dislike Captcha. Especially the ones where the images keep appearing. And it's not because I'm a robot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,930 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Try a different browser? I had that happen me before and it worked when I used a different browser.
    I really dislike Captcha. Especially the ones where the images keep appearing. And it's not because I'm a robot

I didn't see it at the time, but I was able to bypass the account creation later by just using my Google account. Never thought of a different browser to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Having loads of fun with bulletstorm. Fast paced shoot em up almost arcade like action. Lots of gory, inventive kills too. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Looking to renew my plus now is the Black Friday year sub on PSN the cheapest out there right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

biggebruv wrote: »
    Looking to renew my plus now is the Black Friday year sub on PSN the cheapest out there right now?

€45 on http://press-start.com

biggebruv wrote: »

Cheapest top-up I could find was to buy €50 wallet top-up from CD Keys for €44.49 and use code CDKDEAL3 to bring it down to €43.16.
    Then bought the discounted 12 month sub for €47.99 and had the princely sum of €2.01 change left in my PS wallet.

So basically 12 month sub for €43.16 and a couple of bob off your next game purchase.

Finished Bulletstorm in time for next months games. Rumours of Resident Evil 7 which would be fantastic as I'm too scared to purchase it and Titanfall2 which I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,818 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Finished Bulletstorm in time for next months games. Rumours of Resident Evil 7 which would be fantastic as I'm too scared to purchase it and Titanfall2 which I have.

Having just gotten PSVR, Resident Evil 7 would be amazing to be on PS+. Heard nothing but great things about Titanfall 2 as well so would definitely pick that one up too.

Is it this Tuesday or next that December's games will be announced?

• Advertisement

Going by the Thread it's generally the last Tuesday of the month when they are formally announced. I should preface the rumours were just from youtubers who were probably just putting out content for clicks. I really would like RE7 and tend to believe stuff when I want it to happen. The rumour has some basis in reality as it could fuel some interest in RE2 which I think is relaunched in the new year. I'll definitely get RE2 either way. Wouldn't have the fortitude to play RE7 with the PSVR.

Advertisement