Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Was Titanfall not given away a few months back already?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was Titanfall not given away a few months back already?

Not according to Wiki. Don't remember it being free. I still have to complete it which is probably my biggest crime against videogames

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Going by the Thread it's generally the last Tuesday of the month when they are formally announced.

Games are usually announced on the last Wednesday of the current month and release on the first Tuesday of the next month. So announcement this Wednesday and released next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Penn wrote: »
    Having just gotten PSVR, Resident Evil 7 would be amazing to be on PS+. Heard nothing but great things about Titanfall 2 as well so would definitely pick that one up too.

Is it this Tuesday or next that December's games will be announced?

Already owning resident evil I would be so happy with it being a part plus game that maybe others would experience in VR.
    Graphics are fairly sh1t but it's an amazing experience, might be dated a little in comparison to other titles released recently.
    People who didn't play it would pick it up to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

coolisin wrote: »
    Already owning resident evil I would be so happy with it being a part plus game that maybe others would experience in VR.
    Graphics are fairly sh1t but it's an amazing experience, might be dated a little in comparison to other titles released recently.
    People who didn't play it would pick it up to try it out.

Eh? It's a fantastic looking game, even in VR it looks excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

bugs wrote: »
    Eh? It's a fantastic looking game, even in VR it looks excellent.

Yeah it looks good but I thought it looked a little poor in comparison to some of the newer VR titles.
    I thought it was a slight step backwards in a few places.
    I should have said IMO!
    As I said great game and I loved it in VR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I don't get the love for the Titanfall 2 campaign. I thought it was pretty underwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

RE 7 is tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

RE 7 is tits.

Is that good or bad?? :confused:

:pac::pac::pac:

I enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Just wondering is the PS VR worth getting.

It was £169 on amazon for a while yesterday for a while for the starter pack. I was thinking of buying, but did not bother. Also would the move controllers be a necessity as well ?

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote:

Oh yes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I bought a PSVR the other day. I was extremely hesitant because I have a Rift, and was primarily buying the PS one for Tetris Effect and Astrobot. Even at €200, it was still a fairly substantial purchase.

A few minutes in each game put any regrets to rest. Along with those, Moss, Beat Saber and others I think there’s more than enough to justify a purchase at this stage.

Move controllers are necessary for some games, but not others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is that good or bad?? :confused:

:pac::pac::pac:

I enjoyed it

Depends how much you love or don't love tits I guess mang.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,818 ✭✭✭✭Penn

2smiggy wrote: »

It was £169 on amazon for a while yesterday for a while for the starter pack. I was thinking of buying, but did not bother. Also would the move controllers be a necessity as well ?

I bought mine just over a week ago and am very happy with it so far (also at the reduced price due to Black Friday sales). I did buy the move controllers with it from the start. It's a fantastic piece of kit and so far Astrobot Rescue Mission (doesn't use motion controllers), Beat Saber and Superhot have made it all worth it so far. Tetris Effect is on my list to get, and Borderlands 2 VR (BL2 being one of my favourite games) is coming next month too. I was worried when it first came out that devs would abandon VR after a year or so, but it's seeing a great uptick in quality games and ports lately.

It's not without its flaws like having to switch HDMI cables when I don't want to play PSVR to get the full 4K HDR graphics, lots of cables when you consider having to charge two Move controllers (which use different USB cables to the Dualshock) and the camera doesn't always pick up your motions brilliantly (have died several times in Superhot because my hands start drifting around the place by themselves). But it's been worth the purchase for me so far and I've barely tapped into some of the games and experiences available for it.

At its full price, I'd consider it harder to justify, but with the current €100 off, it's worth it.

thanks all, I think I'll take the plunge !!

edit: is there and older and newer version ? , if someone wants to put a link to the newer one in case i'm buying the wrong one !!

thanks all, I think I'll take the plunge !!

edit: is there and older and newer version ? , if someone wants to put a link to the newer one in case i'm buying the wrong one !!

From what I've read, the older one has a slightly larger processing unit box (the box between the headset and the PS4), and a separate lead for earphones (whereas with the V2 model you plug the earphones directly into the headset).

I doubt the older models are even on sale any more so if you're buying new it should be the V2 model by default. Only visual change to tell the difference between seems to be the V2 model has a place to put the earphones on each side when they're not in use.

https://www.inverse.com/article/41378-psvr-v1-vs-v2?refresh=55

thanks very much, if anyone can point to any good deals at the moment would be greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

thanks very much, if anyone can point to any good deals at the moment would be greatly appreciated :)

Deals popping up frequently on HDUK. Only been keeping a half an eye on them muself but this seemed to be one of the better ones from today.

https://www.monster-shop.co.uk/product/sony-playstation-vr-starter-pack-astro-bot-rescue-mission/

Edit - no idea if stock left on that deal or not

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

It's not without its flaws like having to switch HDMI cables when I don't want to play PSVR to get the full 4K HDR graphics...

I would've thought that all psvr bought new for the last few months would be ver.2 which has HDR passthrough. I know that I can play Spiderman in 4k HDR and I never touch the cables.

Agree with everything else. Astrobots, Superhot, Wipeout, Dirt Rally, Pinball FX2, I Expect You To Die, Keep Talking...
    Some great games on psvr and there's loads I haven't tried yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

James74 wrote: »
    I would've thought that all psvr bought new for the last few months would be ver.2 which has HDR passthrough. I know that I can play Spiderman in 4k HDR and I never touch the cables.

Agree with everything else. Astrobots, Superhot, Wipeout, Dirt Rally, Pinball FX2, I Expect You To Die, Keep Talking...
    Some great games on psvr and there's loads I haven't tried yet.

The v2 switch over happened last year when they started bundling vr worlds and the camera with the headset.

• Advertisement

Really? I have to admit I think I had it in my head from reading about it that you had to do it, but maybe that was the V1 model. I've just been doing it because I thought I had to. Will definitely check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I was going to get a splitter and a switch and have it as a button press when I wanted HDR but it was just easier to get a female to female connector.

I've the HDMI from the PS4 going to the breakout box and a HDMI from the break out box to the TV, so normally those are connected together and there right there if needed.

Might swap it for a switch and a splitter so it's a button press but while that only 20-30 I don't need to spend it and it's a pain to make sure both you be the right HDMI version as most stuff you see is 1.4 and a lot hide what version they are.

Really? I have to admit I think I had it in my head from reading about it that you had to do it, but maybe that was the V1 model. I've just been doing it because I thought I had to. Will definitely check that out.

So I played Spider-Man last night without swapping the cables (so HDMI into processor unit, then HDMI into TV), and have to say I didn't notice any difference with regards HDR. If anything I even thought the framerate of the game was better and more stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've lost Dolby support on my XP510s since going via the VR Processor. Light won't turn on to enable it, but if I change the HDMI cable back to the TV straight from the PS4, I have it back. Strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I've lost Dolby support on my XP510s since going via the VR Processor. Light won't turn on to enable it, but if I change the HDMI cable back to the TV straight from the PS4, I have it back. Strange one.

Does anybody have an issue with streaming .Network is fine but can't connect to Netflix or Sky Go ?
    Any one with the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Does anybody have an issue with streaming .Network is fine but can't connect to Netflix or Sky Go ?
    Any one with the same problem?

Restored liecenes fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I bought a PSVR the other day. I was extremely hesitant because I have a Rift, and was primarily buying the PS one for Tetris Effect and Astrobot. Even at €200, it was still a fairly substantial purchase.

A few minutes in each game put any regrets to rest. Along with those, Moss, Beat Saber and others I think there’s more than enough to justify a purchase at this stage.

Move controllers are necessary for some games, but not others.

Shame you didn't have it for the World Cup in the summer. BBC's VR World Cup coverage was a game-changing use of the technology.

Supposedly the December games are SOMA and Onrush as PlayStation Blog Russia Leaked them early by mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

My God, OnRush was quite a miserable failure. Free already.

• Advertisement

My God, OnRush was quite a miserable failure. Free already.
    Yeah just confirmed. Other games are
    Steredenn (PS3)
    Steinsgate (PS3)
    Iconoclasts (PS Vita, PS4)
    Papers, Please (PS Vita)

Advertisement