Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Yeah just confirmed. Other games are
    Steredenn (PS3)
    Steinsgate (PS3)
    Iconoclasts (PS Vita, PS4)
    Papers, Please (PS Vita)

Papers Please is a great game for anyone still rocking the Vita

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah just confirmed. Other games are
    Steredenn (PS3)
    Steinsgate (PS3)
    Iconoclasts (PS Vita, PS4)
    Papers, Please (PS Vita)

Steins;Gate is fantastic if you like visual novels.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Shame you didn't have it for the World Cup in the summer. BBC's VR World Cup coverage was a game-changing use of the technology.

How'd you play the bbc content through your PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah pretty shoddy all round for December

Onrush looks like it might be a bit of craic, but far too much else to be playing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Very happy with Soma, heard it's great and failed to pull the trigger on it a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

sugarman wrote: »
    Poor month on Plus and Gold this month :(

Soma is one of the best games I've played on the PS4. Delighted to get Papers Please for the Vita and I'll be giving Iconclasts and Onrush s spin during the holidays

Why in Jesus isn't papers please on PS4 as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I've never even heard of OnRush but from a gameplay video, I presume it's made by the same developers as Motorstorm. It looks good, I'm surprised I've never seen anything about it before. Sony's marketing for it must have been awful.

I've been waiting for Paper's Please, so not a bad month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Looking forward to Onrush, was going to pick it up a few times. Strange that it only released in June and already it's on +. Maybe because it's online only. Would have liked to try Papers, Please but fecked if I'm rooting out the PS3 for it. Iconoclasts looks good too. Not a bad month for me. Nothing amazing, but I haven't played any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Looking forward to Onrush, was going to pick it up a few times. Strange that it only released in June and already it's on +. Maybe because it's online only. Would have liked to try Papers, Please but fecked if I'm rooting out the PS3 for it. Iconoclasts looks good too. Not a bad month for me. Nothing amazing, but I haven't played any of them.

I played the beta for onrush.

It was very disappointing.

Hopefully the finished game is a lot better.

It all felt very disjointed.

Very hard to make contact the way you want to with other cars etc..

Again hopefully they sorted it by release and to be fair I like the free price tag as I nearly bought this one on launch as I was dying for an arcade racer.

Oh and iconoclasts is a fantastic metroidvania game. Don’t miss out on that one. I played a good chunk of it on Vita. Must go back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Soma is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Soma is great. Onrush might be good for a few hours entertainment.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Why in Jesus isn't papers please on PS4 as well?
    Maybe so they can give it away as a PS4 game at a later date and squeeze two instant game slots out of one game.

Edit: Oh I see now, it's not on PS4 at all. Weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I've never even heard of OnRush but from a gameplay video, I presume it's made by the same developers as Motorstorm. It looks good, I'm surprised I've never seen anything about it before. Sony's marketing for it must have been awful.

I've been waiting for Paper's Please, so not a bad month.

Apparently sold less than 5,000 copies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I really enjoyed a dozen or so hours with Onrush earlier the year. It’s a refreshingly different take on the arcade racer and can be an (ahem) rush when it all comes together.

It has a few problems for sure - a few of the vehicles kind of blend into each other, and like many games of its ilk (Split/Second etc) the single-player difficulty can be wobbly as the AI works to keep things competitive. But the gameplay still shines through, and it deserves a bigger audience - so in that sense, hopefully it’ll gain a bit of attention on PS Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If I'm going to play a game like Soma I want access to guns, lots and lots of guns. This genre doesn't do it for me though it looks good and apparently not as scary as Outlast/Alien Isolation/Amnesia and others of that ilk so I may give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Happy with those 2 , almost bought both at one stage or another , i still haven't touched this months games because of Red Dead lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

I'm PS Plus free about a year now, and out of the 24+ games that were free for PS4, i would have been happy with three of them and i already owned one of them.. So really only two games.. :rolleyes::(:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

nix wrote: »
    I'm PS Plus free about a year now, and out of the 24+ games that were free for PS4, i would have been happy with three of them and i already owned one of them.. So really only two games.. :rolleyes::(:pac:

I took a few months off myself, just got it to play Red Dead Online. Games have been poor all round. I'll give OnRush a look but it sounds like Peter Molineaux came up with the idea.

"What if we have a racing game, where there are no races?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Have Deus Ex, Bloodborne and Soma but played and enjoyed Rime, Rachet and Clank, Mad Max, TrackMania Turbo, Trials Fusion, BLOPs 3, Laser League, Knowledge is Power, Rocket birds, Q.U.B.E., Mafia 3, Bulletstorm, Absolver, Yakuza, The Bridge... Didn't enjoy Destiny 2 at all but at least I didn't pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have had the PS plus since PS3 (for free) any money spent has been worth it for Bloodborne alone. I generally don't get stuck into the free games but there have been a small number I got a lot of fun out of. I get it for online the games are just a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Iconoclasts, Papers Please and SOMA is a decent month tbh. I bought Papers Please but was tempted by the 2 others a few times on sale.
    2018 has been a better year than the previous for plus but when they start doing ps4 only in March I'm hoping not to see something like an OnRush in the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just checking from this site as to the free games we've gotten over the years. It's an Oz site so not sure if it's 100% the same as we get, but all seems the same so far.

Since 01/01/18, here are the standout games I got for free:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)
    Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4)
    Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
    Mad Max (PS4)
    Trackmania Turbo (PS4)
    Rayman Legends (PS4)
    Trials Fusion (PS4)
    Mafia III (PS4)
    God of War III Remastered (PS4)
    Laser League (PS4)
    Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)
    Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition (PS4)

Like, even if I didn't get to play online with +, that list alone imo makes it more than worth it. And they're just the ones I liked, let alone all the other ones. Yeah, some months are not great (there was nothing in July I liked), and there are other games on there that other people loved. More than pays for itself, even with crap months. We're getting too greedy. We expect AAA or close each month, and it's just not financially possible for Sony imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

New games are up.

Found myself playing Onrush for a good few hours last night and enjoying it.

It's a bit strange at first playing a racing game where there's no objective to win a race. The different game modes keep it interesting and seems like it could be handy enough to platinum too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I see that PS are doing a Playstation Plus rewards in the UK
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-sky-sports-nowtv-week-pass-on-playstation-plus-3143562

Wonder if they have anything planned for Ireland.

I tried the above link from HUKD and I got a Now TV code, I'm not sure if it'll work on an Irish account though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Annual review of PlayStation Plus Games by Polygon - albeit the US games which are essentially the same lineup.

In all, there were 76 games in PlayStation Plus’ instant game collection for 2018, with an average critical score of 69.5 and a combined retail price (as of yesterday) of $1,508.74. The review average of this year’s free games is 1.8 points lower than 2017 but the monetary value is $221.49 more.

Average score: 69.6

Average price: $19.85

Average age: 3.2 years

Highest scoring month: December.

Highest dollar value month: August ($205.91)

Month with newest games on average: January (1.74 years)

Lowest scoring month: April (60.5)

Lowest dollar value month: September $55.95

Month with oldest games on average: May (4.75 years old)

Published by Sony: 10

Publisher with the most titles: Sony, 10.

Platform score averages
    PlayStation 3: 70.7

PlayStation 4: 64.98

PlayStation Vita: 79.6

Review score ranges
    90 and up: 3

80 to 89: 16

70 to 79: 17

60 to 69: 26

59 and below: 14

Price ranges
    $40 and up: 4

$30 to $39.99: 6

$25 to $29.99: 9

$20 to $24.99: 2

$15 to $19.99: 19

$10 to $14.99: 7

$5 to $9.99: 27

$4.99 and under: 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Why is it cheaper to buy a monthly pass over three months than to buy a three month pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not that I need them, but you think January's will be announced today? I know it's not a public holiday in America

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not that I need them, but you think January's will be announced today? I know it's not a public holiday in America

Should be today. Any predictions?

I'm thinking a Resident Evil, tomb raider or batman Arkham game.

Advertisement