Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm happy anyway, wasn't too pushed to get Hitman when it came out, and the episodic releases annoy me. So I'll definitely give that a go (and more likely end up running and gunning). For Honor, I played a bit on a mates Xbone, liked it but never got around to getting it myself, so will definitely be playing it. I wonder how the servers are these days? I'm sure they will pick up once it goes free on +.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Happy with Hitman. Got Hitman 2 for Xmas and enjoyed it so getting to go through the first game for free is handy.

You will be able to import all the levels into Hitman 2 for free by installing the legacy pack via the main menu in 2016. This will allow you to use all the gear you have unlocked in H2 on the legacy maps. You'll also be able to bring the 2016 gear into H2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Ah, here. It's absolute scutter. Hours of woeful cut scenes mean you're usually asleep by the time it gets around to actually playing the game.

Different strokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Different strokes

Ah, it's probably a great game if you play it with your left foot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Ah, it's probably a great game if you play it with your left foot...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,138 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ah, here. It's absolute scutter. Hours of woeful cut scenes mean you're usually asleep by the time it gets around to actually playing the game.

There is a great game buried beneath it all. It brought a lot of new ideas and features, and can be a lot of fun on later playthroughs with some of the weirder weapons/items.

But yeah, the story and several parts of the gameplay can be pretty bad, and while it's a big name game for PS+ to give, it's also a game from 2008 that anyone who was a fan of the series (and would be more likely to enjoy the story) has undoubtedly already played it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Been a while since I had to re-up my PS+ sub. Is CDkeys still the best bet?

Been a while since I had to re-up my PS+ sub. Is CDkeys still the best bet?

Press Start is a few Euro cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Games are available now to download

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

It may be finally time to get a PS4, no more PS3 games or Vita games.
    I have been digitally hoarding though.
    Maybe i just custom firmware my PS3 launch Phat......

• Advertisement

If you do, any backlog you have for the Vita/3 will stay as it is, as depending on when you started hoarding the PS4 games on +, you have a savage library of games to get through!

I've posted this elsewhere so I'll post it here too. It's IOs guide to import the Hitman levels into Hitman 2. This will give you access to all the content from Hitman in the updated engine, the download includes Hitman 2 Prologue which is all you need to play the 2016 levels.

All unlockables can then be carried forward into the Hitman 2 campaign if you decide to buy it.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

If you do, any backlog you have for the Vita/3 will stay as it is, as depending on when you started hoarding the PS4 games on +, you have a savage library of games to get through!

I have PS Plus since the start of part one of this thread.
    All games acquired for PS3, PS4, Vita

EDIT 9 years ago, jesus
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055942087

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

eddhorse wrote: »
    I have PS Plus since the start of part one of this thread.
    All games acquired for PS3, PS4, Vita

EDIT 9 years ago, jesus
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055942087

Just done a quick count on Wikipedia.
    There's been 207 titles compatible with PS4 been released since November 2013 as part of PS +

That's quite the library to begin with :)

I hoarded them for the first few months of release! Got my PS4 in June/July 2014!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Likewise. When I got my PS4, I sold the bundled games to CEX to get about €70 back then had games put away to play. I really must go back to Styx some day since it was the first to be played on my PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Quick question lads, is it possible yet to change my psn id?

I hate mine its very cringy.

If so how is it done?

Cheers men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You change your PSN ID via the settings menu or the profile page of your PS4. You can make it so your previous ID displays with your new ID so friends recognise you, Sony explained. But, be warned: once you decide to display your old ID or not, you can't adjust this after completing the online ID change process.Oct 10, 2018

From the internet. I'm sure they introduced this late last year but never needed to look into it as I'm happy with my id.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

Nemanrio wrote: »
    Quick question lads, is it possible yet to change my psn id?

I hate mine its very cringy.

If so how is it done?

Cheers men.

Not yet. 'Early 2019' is all they've said about a release time.

Soony™

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ShaneU wrote: »

Worth it based on game alone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ShaneU wrote: »

That give you the Standard Edition, the deluxe edition is on sale for 11.99 and you can get a year of plus elsewhere for cheaper. Also as you said that offer is new accounts only, so most can't get it and the rest would be better off buying separately.

59.99 vs 42.99 + 11.99, so €5 cheaper to buy separate getting the year plus off reseller and buying game now for sale where you get the deluxe edition instead of the standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Everyone get the email about Ps3 and Vita games ending?
    No mention of anything replacing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I reckon the quality of ps4 games will go up , kind of already has , For Honour and Hitman were big games last month lets hope they keep it going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

Have both. Not an impressive first PS4 only month imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Already have COD,played through the campaign and a bit of MP. Was good for a trip down memory lane.

The witness wasnt really on my radar even though i have it through humble bundle on PC. Will give it a go on PS4 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Niska wrote: »

I assume we'll still have to pay for maps on multilayer or are they free now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Assumed that given that they were stopping offering PS3 and Vita games that they'd offer more than two PS4 titles... very disappointing offer this month tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,896 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've heard the witness is supposed to very good. I've played modern warfare enough many many years ago, no interest to play again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bought the witness for a few quid years ago on a sale & never played it. Loved COD4 so will be playing that.
    Not the worst month but 2 games seems so bare now it's happening. If they give away a VR game or DLC every month it would maybe help.
    I assume when the PS5 launches they will eventually add games for on top of the PS4. Still a while away from that yet mind.

Advertisement