Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not sure how the MM works in Modern warfare, most games I'm in now have a few 30-50 and the rest are all very low lvl (teens at most). When I started playing today I'd be in lobbies with mostly lvl 1-5.

The default classes include a sniper but it's lvl 2 or 3, and then lvl 4 to make custom classes and lvl 5 to start unlocking attachments.

Controls are giving me a bit of trouble and I've had to increase it to about 13 and took a bit to realise that my controller wasn't broken it's just that sprint isn't infinite.

How quickly people drop is mad, don't remember the ttk being that short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Quickscoping snipers, loot boxes, customisation and oddly unbalanced new weapons. Spawn, get sniped, repeat.

I went back and played the original some time ago after a lot of people said the remaster was identical with the new meta of sniping just being just a different way to play. Felt like a different game, immediately familiar and still fun to play.

Get it for the SP, avoid the MP with a barge pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I never played the MP of the original but if they remaster MW2 in the same way I'd be very unhappy

This is what I think of snipers.

Not a real MW game as I didn't get a load of messages about shotgun camping.

So level 11 now and seems that all bar maybe 2 or 3 players in a game will be PlayStation plus players. While higher levels aren't seal clubbing the game is harsh. Constant UAV, the odd airstrike, and if the game was a bit uneven then a helicopter.

You'll be in a game and people will rediscover something, completely forgot about the top of that building in crash.

Unlocked the UAV perk so more flanking snipers for me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

A lot of people moaning about Call of Duty....

Has anyone played The Witness for the first time because that's what I want to read about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

ShaneU wrote: »

Has anyone played The Witness for the first time because that's what I want to read about

Maybe try it yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

EoinHef wrote: »
    Maybe try it yourself?

I finished it years ago, one of my favourite games ever

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Didn't like Modern Warfare because of the endless spawning of enemies till you pass certain checkpoints. Prefer more tactical play than run and gun. The worst was when I'd cleared out a room, and more spawned in it behind me...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Absolutely gorgeous, simple puzzles to WTffff ooohh yeeaaahhh moments and so addictive following the freshly lit up cables. Stopped at 40 panels solved but will definitely be going back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I started MW last night, I mainly play FFA. One thing I noticed, unlocking attachments for guns doesn't seem to be working. I'm level 5, but say for instance I'm using the SAW. Get 25 kills to unlock the grip. But it says I'm at 0 kills with it. Even though I just played a game and got 10 kills with it. Anyone have the same problem or is it something stupid I'm doing wrong?

I seem to be the only person enjoying multiplayer! I preferred MW2 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Absolutely gorgeous, simple puzzles to WTffff ooohh yeeaaahhh moments and so addictive following the freshly lit up cables. Stopped at 40 panels solved but will definitely be going back.

Got over halfway through originally and then stuck. Need to go back with a fresh perspective. Would love a VR version

Cienciano wrote: »
    I started MW last night, I mainly play FFA. One thing I noticed, unlocking attachments for guns doesn't seem to be working. I'm level 5, but say for instance I'm using the SAW. Get 25 kills to unlock the grip. But it says I'm at 0 kills with it. Even though I just played a game and got 10 kills with it. Anyone have the same problem or is it something stupid I'm doing wrong?

Doesn't count until you hit 5 and can unlock it, had the same thing. Kills now will count.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I played for a while last night, just to refresh my memory at how truly rubbish I am at this game. Played shipment in MP and loved it all over again. Shipment is pure adrenaline bonkers.

Varik wrote: »
    Doesn't count until you hit 5 and can unlock it, had the same thing. Kills now will count.
    Makes sense, it was level 4 when I checked, had just unlocked custom classes. Which you cannot rename for some reason?
    whiterebel wrote: »
    I played for a while last night, just to refresh my memory at how truly rubbish I am at this game. Played shipment in MP and loved it all over again. Shipment is pure adrenaline bonkers.

I played that once in free for all, think I got about 5 kills and 20 deaths! What are the best SMG and assault rifle to use?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Makes sense, it was level 4 when I checked, had just unlocked custom classes. Which you cannot rename for some reason?

I played that once in free for all, think I got about 5 kills and 20 deaths! What are the best SMG and assault rifle to use?

You're asking me? :pac: I was using the LMG to try and get some kills. 1st level assault rifle is semi-auto and I hate it. Not enough punch in a SMG. Or it could just be me being rubbish.

You're asking me? :pac: I was using the LMG to try and get some kills. 1st level assault rifle is semi-auto and I hate it. Not enough punch in a SMG. Or it could just be me being rubbish.

it's not in any of the custom class you're given by default but you've got a AK as well as a few other weapons.

Once you hit level 4 and unlock custom classes you can swap those out. There's a few other weapons too that are there by default.

Sorry, i though you were good! There's always a good smg in cod. I don't know what one

M16 AR. If you don't like burst fire it doesn't matter it's still the best. AK47 was a staple of mine in a lot of them. It may not have been the best but was always pretty decent.

MP5 SMG some people like the P90 and the AR74u but they were better in later games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

gimli2112 wrote: »
    M16 AR. If you don't like burst fire it doesn't matter it's still the best. AK47 was a staple of mine in a lot of them. It may not have been the best but was always pretty decent.

MP5 SMG some people like the P90 and the AR74u but they were better in later games

Silenced MP5 used to be my go to "try hard" gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Have to say I'm very happy with the offerings these last few months. Steep is a very good game to kill some time, Hitman and COD have dragged me away from RDR/FIFA.

It fantastic to play a decent COD story mode again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is there a specific way to play The Witness? I've only been able to solve the basic puzzles at the start and then the tree/apple puzzles. Aside from that I've just been wandering around and having no idea how to solve the others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Lads is there a specific way to play The Witness? I've only been able to solve the basic puzzles at the start and then the tree/apple puzzles. Aside from that I've just been wandering around and having no idea how to solve the others.

It’s non-linear so you can tackle them however you want. But most individual areas are themed around a specific type of puzzle with consistent basic rules - all the ‘treehouse’ ones, for example, are riffs on a particular idea. So there’s usually a few puzzles to introduce an idea, and completing them opens the path to the more complex ones and the actual ‘goal’ in each section.

It’s all about persisting - figuring out that initial idea. That said, if you’re ever stumped in one area you can just move on to another and give your brain a bit of a rest. There are some super tricky puzzle doors scattered around the world (there’s one basically at the start) but they’re all optional.

I’d also advise having a pen and paper nearby - it can really help with visualising the solutions to some of the puzzle sets.

Nice one, the M16 burst fire is good when you're used to it. Now you say it, the AK74 was was probably the SMG I used. I remember the UMP45 in MW2 was crazy good. You could use it like a sniper rifle.

was enjoying MWR up until shipment, ended up clutching my knees to my chest and rocking, it's fun, if fun was spelled mayhem

was enjoying MWR up until shipment, ended up clutching my knees to my chest and rocking, it's fun, if fun was spelled mayhem

3x extra grenades and martyrdom (drop a grenade when you die)

Burn the world down

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And the PS3 games are now gone. They were there until Friday I think. Looking at the web store, the Plus section looks so empty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I love it. It's a simple idea with not so simple puzzles.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I see loads of deals in the UK for 12 months PS plus, any Irish deals around? Or is it possible to apply uk plus?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I see loads of deals in the UK for 12 months PS plus, any Irish deals around? Or is it possible to apply uk plus?

CDkeys or press-start(had payment issues with Revolut and a pre-paid CC on press-start recently).

You can have UK PS+ but will lose access to your Irish PS+ games after a while.

Advertisement