Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Carroller wrote: »
    I stupidly bought 3 months ps plus for UK region. Any way I can add this to my account?

No, only way to use it is to set up a UK account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You could chance contacting Sony/PS and see if they'll destroy the code and give you an Irish one instead. Worst that can happen is they say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

You could chance contacting Sony/PS and see if they'll destroy the code and give you an Irish one instead. Worst that can happen is they say no.

Got it off cd keys so they'll probably do nothing but I chance it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,457 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Any long-term Boardsies miss out on the PlayStation Plus deal in June (12 months for €42) and need it?

I got one and the next day added another to my basket on Smyths but its still in my basket on the website today (even though the offer expired) and I'd be happy to try to pick it up for someone whereas if I delete it, it's gone forever. Might not work but if it does, happy for someone to reap the benefit.

I'm stacked up til September 2021 so no real desire to stack another year on it right now!

If a few want it, I'll just randomise a pick rather than first reply. If anyone wants it that is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Any long-term Boardsies miss out on the PlayStation Plus deal in June (12 months for €42) and need it?

I got one and the next day added another to my basket on Smyths but its still in my basket on the website today (even though the offer expired) and I'd be happy to try to pick it up for someone whereas if I delete it, it's gone forever. Might not work but if it does, happy for someone to reap the benefit.

I'm stacked up til September 2021 so no real desire to stack another year on it right now!

If a few want it, I'll just randomise a pick rather than first reply. If anyone wants it that is :)

Can you do that? If you can, throw me in for it, I always forget till the day it expires and just end up paying full price.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Can you do that? If you can, throw me in for it, I always forget till the day it expires and just end up paying full price.

It worked! Will send you a pm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Was in Argos yesterday, scanned at €60 and was told they couldn't do anything about the price and that Sony set the price, that was the story in Sligo anyway

Hope others got the deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was in Argos yesterday, scanned at €60 and was told they couldn't do anything about the price and that Sony set the price, that was the story in Sligo anyway

Hope others got the deal

That's bollox, try reserving it first, they have to give it to you at the reserved price.

That's bollox, try reserving it first, they have to give it to you at the reserved price.

Online it just says "available to order at your store" so can't reserve

It was a bit of bs, I even said it to the guy at the counter when I first went up and he seemed to know about it, I didn't actually notice I paid over for it since I was buying a few things, so I'll be waiting a few days for my €60 back on card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

Just to clarify, they dont have to give it to you at the reserved price. They often do, but dont have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well its pretty much illegal to advertise a price like that then not honour it,which is strange:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

EoinHef wrote: »
    Well its pretty much illegal to advertise a price like that then not honour it,which is strange:(

I don't know how it works digitially but if you see a price on a product in a shop that's not an offer, it's an invitation to treat. Technically when you bring it to the counter you are offering to buy it and the shopkeep can refuse.
    Happened to me years ago, I knew they were in the right but exercised my right to be difficult about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,227 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yup, that 'invitation to treat' is a good bit of legislation for retailers.

Argos are usually very good for honoring false prices

I got my original ps4 for ~€100 off due to some pricing error and they honored that, I’ve read countless stories of them doing the same for others across boards

Was a bit surprised but what can ya do, it’ll be a similar price somewhere else soon you never have to pay full price for PS Plus

Interested to know if anyone got the €47 price at another Argos

Argos are usually very good for honoring false prices

I got my original ps4 for ~€100 off due to some pricing error and they honored that, I’ve read countless stories of them doing the same for others across boards

Was a bit surprised but what can ya do, it’ll be a similar price somewhere else soon you never have to pay full price for PS Plus

Interested to know if anyone got the €47 price at another Argos

Doubt it, unlike physical goods Argos have no control over adjusting the prices of gift/subscription cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Have next month's games been announced yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

4.30 today I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,259 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hey ever give a reason for the PES change?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hey ever give a reason for the PES change?

No, but some people speculated it was due to licence expirations on some partner clubs in the game.

Konami themselves said they were baffled and weren't informed of the change prior to the announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Niska

Rumour earlier in the month was Battlefront 2 and UFC 3 will be the games:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/07/rumour_ps_plus_august_ps4_games_potentially_leaked_early

Unlikely as both are EA, and EA Access just rolled out on PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I heard Doom, Shadow of Mordor and PES 19

I heard Doom, Shadow of Mordor and PES 19

PES to be replaced at the last minute with Knack 2.

Wipeout Omega Collection and Sniper Elite 4 are the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Why is there always a game that you're virtually guaranteed to own:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Wipeout is class but I think most people interested in it will own it at this stage (been on sale at around €10 on and off the past year). Will give SE4 a whirl though - anyone played it?

JimBurnley wrote:
    Wipeout is class but I think most people interested in it will own it at this stage (been on sale at around €10 on and off the pat year). Will give SE4 a whirl though - anyone played it?

Yeah it's good craic. Hopefully they include the Hitler dlc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Excellent games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Recently traded in Wipeout but will be happy to add it to the download list again. Only played one of the Wipeout games on it (can't remember which one). Great game. Bought it for VR but never had the balls to try it in VR.

Sniper Elite I might pick up too. Might be a bit of fun. Will check out some gameplay videos later.

Good month for games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep agree you always own one , Wipeout for me bought it to play in VR , had the last sniper elite wasn't a huge fan will definitely give this one a whirl though

Advertisement