Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So close to buying Sniper Elite 4 recently. Have Wipeout already, so happy with the second one!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Why is there always a game that you're virtually guaranteed to own:P

The last thing the Sony execs do is ask "Are either of these owned by gerrybbadd?"

I lucked out this month and don't own either. I've played some of the SE games in the past and always start off enthusiastic but tire of them before the end. Think I completed the second one. Am I dreaming it or was one of them subsequently released as a zombie co-op. I completed that, whatever it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Apparently about €105 worth of games.

I am usually positive with the games announced. Simply accepting if I'm interested or not, but seeing Gold games still including 360 games, that can be played on Xbox One, while Sony dropped 2 consoles at the same time, makes it harder. I know they have more work to do to catch up so need to lure people in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Sniper Elite is awesome imo, dont have wipeout so will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Happy with that

Seen some interesting Sniper lets plays but didn't want to spend the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Always wanted to try Sniper Elite but never pulled the trigger (pun fully intended) so happy out with that. I never got the love for wipeout. I played the latest one recently and got bored after a few races.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ha ha sony,€105 worth of games? Pull the other one.

As far as the games go defo a month ill be trying both out. Was tempted by Wipeout awhile ago so glad to get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,044 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Have both games. Both are great games to get.

Wipeout on VR is vomit inducing stuff! SE4 is good in bursts but gets quite samey. Best broken up over sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Own neither, great month for me!

It's a great month. I own both though but **** it, I give out when there are **** games, they gave great games this month and deserve the kudos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Always wanted to try Sniper Elite but never pulled the trigger (pun fully intended) so happy out with that. I never got the love for wipeout. I played the latest one recently and got bored after a few races.

Wipeout can be difficult to get into especially if you haven’t been into it from the beginning.

The controls take getting used to and track memorization is absolutely necessary.

I haven’t played one since the fantastic game on the Vita do lookin forward to this big time.

Very nearly bought it in the last sale which makes it all the sweeter.

Will give sniper elite a go. Always been curious but not curious enough to buy. Don’t really like stealth games which from what I have read this does have elements of. How much of it though I don’t know.

Wipeout can be difficult to get into especially if you haven’t been into it from the beginning.

The controls take getting used to and track memorization is absolutely necessary.

I haven’t played one since the fantastic game on the Vita do lookin forward to this big time.

Very nearly bought it in the last sale which makes it all the sweeter.

Will give sniper elite a go. Always been curious but not curious enough to buy. Don’t really like stealth games which from what I have read this does have elements of. How much of it though I don’t know.

You can go stealth all the way or all guns blazing, I hate stealth games like splinter cell for example but loved this. It's a bit stealthy but not onerous stealthy.

You can go stealth all the way or all guns blazing, I hate stealth games like splinter cell for example but loved this. It's a bit stealthy but not onerous stealthy.

Plus the glorious glorious satisfaction of watching a slow motion rendering of someone's bollock exploding from a well placed snipe is reason enough to embrace stealth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Plus the glorious glorious satisfaction of watching a slow motion rendering of someone's bollock exploding from a well placed snipe is reason enough to embrace stealth

I always loved how an exploded bollock was enough to kill an enemy!
    Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be dead myself, but would it really kill you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I reckon I'd at least pass out, possibly look dead. Feck sake, a flick is enough to bring me to the ground, i'd imagine a teste exploding due to a bullet impact would be just a small bit more sore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Games are up now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Quite surprised how much im enjoying Sniper Elite 4. Not a great game by any stretch but good fun to play in bursts.

Im consdering the season pass if it goes on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone know the current cheapest PS Plus sub? Press-start have been out of stock for quite a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

EoinHef wrote: »
    Quite surprised how much im enjoying Sniper Elite 4. Not a great game by any stretch but good fun to play in bursts.

Im consdering the season pass if it goes on sale.

Yeah, finished the campaign yesterday. Got the nutcracker achievement so that's all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone know the current cheapest PS Plus sub? Press-start have been out of stock for quite a while now

No offers atm. Cd Keys also don't have 12 month cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

duploelabs wrote: »
    Yeah, finished the campaign yesterday. Got the nutcracker achievement so that's all that matters
    No offers atm. Cd Keys also don't have 12 month cards.

Got mine with CD-Keys for 12 months @ €47 a couple weeks ago

Link is blocked for me at work but I can see it on my phone fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Got mine with CD-Keys for 12 months @ €47 a couple weeks ago

Link is blocked for me at work but I can see it on my phone fine

They are currently also out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They are currently also out of stock.

Ah didn't see that, my mistake

Is it today next months games are released?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah they should be revealed today at 4.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I tried sniper elite 4 bit couldn't get into it. Might come back around to it at a later date.

Any guesses/wishes for September?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was the same, put it on played 5 minutes and deleted it. Unless something instantly grabs me nowadays in some way I'm totally irrational.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I was the same, put it on played 5 minutes and deleted it. Unless something instantly grabs me nowadays in some way I'm totally irrational.

At least give it the first mission, it's a different style (not exactly bloodbourne levels of different style) to playing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Niska

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Any guesses/wishes for September?

Haven't seen any rumours or leaks, but i'll give an uneducated guess (and I have yet to guess one correctly)...

Borderlands Remastered (to increase interest in BL3 , and it's out almost 6 months) - (I know that people who say Game Y will be on plus as Game Y+1 is coming out are always 100% wrong)....

• Advertisement

Niska wrote: »
    Haven't seen any rumours or leaks, but i'll give an uneducated guess (and I have yet to guess one correctly)...

Borderlands Remastered (to increase interest in BL3 , and it's out almost 6 months) - (I know that people who say Game Y will be on plus as Game Y+1 is coming out are always 100% wrong)....

Didn't we get borderlands a couple of months back?

Advertisement