Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Niska

duploelabs wrote: »
    Didn't we get borderlands a couple of months back?

That wa the handsome collection (BL2 + Prequal).

The original Borderlands was remastered and released on PS4 earlier this year around April)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I'm guessing it'll be one of the Uncharted games.

I'm hoping it will be HZD but that's just wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Batman: Arkham Knight and Darksiders 3 are this months games.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Darksiders 3 is a good one to get. Something I'd never buy, but I loved the first game in the series and am keen to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Niska

Good month. Have put off getting Arkham Knight, but always wanted to pick it up as a fan of the previous 2 games.

Darksiders III another game I wouldn't mind giving a go, but not one I was likely to buy.

Al in all happy enough. And still running a 0% prediction rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I 100%'d Arkham Knight for the secret ending (fúcking Riddler trophies...). Good game.

Actually can't wait to try DS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Excellent month in my opinion. I've been meaning to pull the trigger on Batman Arkham Knight for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, very happy month for me. I've played and finished Arkham Knight so will be happy to play that again, and iirc it's the only one not included in the Arkham Collection for the main trilogy? Will get that when its on sale again soon.

Darksiders 3 I'm also very happy to get. I got it soon after launch but it plays so differently to the first 2 I wasn't really feeling it. Traded it in soon after and always intended on getting it again. It's not out that long to be given away for free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Never played darksiders so will give that a look. I platinumed Arkham Knight but iirc i have the season pass but not sure if i played all the dlc content so will definitely give it a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Not played either of next months, batman in particular I've flirted with a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Arkham Knight is 70% amazing and 30% batmobile battles. They slow the pace and come up in such a way that they kinda kill the story momentum. You'll be rolling your eyes at another battank section.

Loved every other part of it though. Excellent game to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You'll be rolling your eyes at another battank section.

It's the main reason my 2nd playthrough lasted 3 hours

Any bat tank battles were just time wasted to get back to the actual fun, like driving around in the bat mobile or beating 30 thugs at once

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

They were so bad I think Rocksteady should have an option to play the game and skip the tank battles. The really bad ones are the stealth ones where you sneak up behind the Cobra tanks, the Cloudburst tank boss fight is the worst part of the entire series imo.
    It feels like they wasted so much time/resources into the Batmobile they felt obliged to lean on it. Unfortunately it falls flat as a pancake bar the odd puzzle, riddler trophy race & car chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Free games are now live. Might show up as normal price but should show as free in basket

Free games are now live. Might show up as normal price but should show as free in basket

Sound man, was waiting for it to start the download!

Edit: don't forget to pause and resume. Brought my download time from 4 hours to 100 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Contrary to what is popular opinion, I actually enjoyed the tank missions in Arkham Knight. Awesome game to get, might jump back into it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Once you changed the default controls, the tank bits were enjoyable and certainly not comparable to "water levels" hatred that most seem to proclaim :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Season Pass for Arkham Knight is on sale for €5.99

Season Pass for Arkham Knight is on sale for €5.99

Totally worth it, loads of extra missions with different characters like robin, batgirl, red hood, etc. As well as tons of suits and challenge maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I wish there were more games like Darksiders 3. No super in-depth combat system or dozens of skill trees to get lost in, fun combat, tight controls. Simple and straightforward. I like it a lot so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I wonder if they've updated the combat further in DS3. Didn't like the standard system, I know they introduced a classic system but it still wasn't fun to play (compared to the previous 2). I will play it again, and finish it this time, if just for the story and the eventual 4th/final game. Can't see how they'll do combat with Strife though, seeing as he's a gun user.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

So I need to renew my PS Plus, but Press Start etc are out of stock. Anyone know do I have to buy one for Ireland, or would any European country be okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

osh wrote: »
    So I need to renew my PS Plus, but Press Start etc are out of stock. Anyone know do I have to buy one for Ireland, or would any European country be okay?

Playstation Plus is region blocked, despite actually being illegal to be so in the EU(not sure if this applies to digital goods).

A number of game publishers recently got fined for this and was the reason some games, usually published by Deep Silver, were unavailable for delivery to Ireland on Amazon UK.

Grand cheers.

I thought Ireland would be the same region as rest of Europe. But looks like I'm stuck paying the €60 on PS store so

Might just get a 3 month one instead and wait for a cheaper annual sub to become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

osh wrote: »
    Grand cheers.

I thought Ireland would be the same region as rest of Europe. But looks like I'm stuck paying the €60 on PS store so

Might just get a 3 month one instead and wait for a cheaper annual sub to become available.

Buy €70 psn from press-start, costs €62, and use that to buy your sub.

Was gonna do something like that, but they're out of stock on €50 top-ups too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

You could try here! Use UNIKORN to get it down to €59.99.

They seem to be getting decent reviews from here.

Interesting thanks. Might go for that so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Would make you wonder why there are no 365 day offers for Ireland when you see most other countries have the offer??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

J. Marston wrote: »
    I wish there were more games like Darksiders 3. No super in-depth combat system or dozens of skill trees to get lost in, fun combat, tight controls. Simple and straightforward. I like it a lot so far.

Compared to the other Darksiders out there, this is a terrible game. Already deleted it. Zero charm of the others, looks somehow worse this gen.

Advertisement